Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
There are quite a few unusual usernames on NSC, so I thought I would start a thread for people to explain why they have chosen their username (if they are happy to obviously).

The one that kicked this off for me was seeing Wellquickwoody all over the board - I'm guessing his surname might be Woody and he is (or was) rapid at running but could be wrong

Obviously some are easily solvable so no need to provide guidance (like mine :))

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry Wilson was an Albion player in the 70s. When I used to go to games with my dad, we stood on the East terrace. The old man picked on Wilson mercilessly. On the other hand I rather liked him, and I don't like bullying. I ended up watching games from the South stand and meeting up with the old man after the match. I could see him, up on the East terrace, in his red bobble hat, no doubt chuntering at HW.

So my user name is a nod to the great man, and his stoic indifference to the loan heckler.

Edit, oh and there is a nob gag in there as well. Never eschew a nob gag.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was originally Tubthumper, as the Chumbawumba song was popular at the time and it seemed to chime with me and the online persona I wanted to develop. I added the Teutonic twist when I first lived in the Fatherland back in 2007.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Harry Wilson was an Albion player in the 70s. When I used to go to games with my dad, we stood on the East terrace. The old man picked on Wilson mercilessly. On the other hand I rather liked him, and I don't like bullying. I ended up watching games from the South stand and meeting up with the old man after the match. I could see him, up on the East terrace, in his red bobble hat, no doubt chuntering at HW.

So my user name is a nod to the great man, and his stoic indifference to the loan heckler.

Was your dad borrowed from somewhere?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Was it Brian Powney who used to spend a lot of the match screaming "'Arry! 'Arry!"?

I was a big fan too. A real no-nonsense whole hearted defender. Happy days!

And "Rippleman" name given to me by my son because I like Ripples!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stood in my username for the first time in 1976 with my old man
I had quite a lengthy stint in the chicken run as a kid with my father and brother.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wish I had not chosen my name actually now, Psychobilly freakout is a song by the Rev Horton Heat back released back 1990 on Subpop label.
The Rev was one of the first American Psychobilly bands and was good back in the day, he is now still good but has leanings towards a certain Mr Trump, I hate politics in music and walked out at the last concert several years ago when he started rambling on.

Is it possible to change your pseudo name ?

I much prefer my facebook name Insel Affe

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Used to own a small holding where the Piltdown Man was “found”. Plus I’m old and fake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wish I had not chosen my name actually now, Psychobilly freakout is a song by the Rev Horton Heat back released back 1990 on Subpop label.
The Rev was one of the first American Psychobilly bands and was good back in the day, he is now still good but has leanings towards a certain Mr Trump, I hate politics in music and walked out at the last concert several years ago when he started rambling on.

Is it possible to change your pseudo name ?

I much prefer my facebook name Insel Affe
Ask one of the mods and they will fix it for you. Maybe @Tom Bombadil can explain the form of words necessary to expedite the username change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here