Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The really strange feeling I had as a Brighton fan today is that for the first time for very many years, I was watching us play without that horrible petrifying fear that any of our players would get injured. I mean so what, someone will come on and do a really good job in their place if that happened.

It’s the stuff really strong seasons are built on. I could quibble we should have been in this position 12 months ago but we all know it’s what’s happening now that is vital

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
That was one of the best performances I've seen from us in a while. Given that we were on the back foot for the opening 20 or so, you could see the signs that we'd start to gel as a team - and didn't we just, over the remainder of the game.
If that had gone on anther 30 mins, we'd have been looking at 6 goals or more.
So satisfying to witness Phil Mitchell on the ropes - long overdue.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Leon Osman the match commentator was so biased it was embarrassing. Didn’t give us any praise
I watched a French stream with French commentary, they loved us and took great pleasure in the Everton fans leaving early, they were disappointed when the 4th. goal was chalked off, full of praise for the "Seagalls".

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I haven't seen the after match interviews but I am assuming Mr Dyche :angry:said the game turned on the early Everton goal ruled out for offside which should have been given , the penalty that should have been given and the Young sending off which shouldn't have been given ? :clap:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Was he on Sky commentating?

The comment about being shocked Everton did not get the penalty (when clearly, there is no contact on the VAR replay he was watching) pissed me off!
Not Sky- Premier League Productions for Foreign broadcast

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Was he on Sky commentating?

The comment about being shocked Everton did not get the penalty (when clearly, there is no contact on the VAR replay he was watching) pissed me off!
If you watched any stream of the match he would have been the co commentator. His comments about the pen and it being over turned were ridiculous and definitely coming with the wrong colour blue tinted specs on. Thankfully he was a lot more pragmatic and realistic about the potential handball against Dunk.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Thoroughly enjoyed that. Bit shaky for the first 10 minutes, but once the penalty was VARed Everton didn’t have an attack. It was a great start to the season!

Could see the new Everton ground out of the train window on the way back to the city centre. Wonder when we will be playing there…

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Cundy on talk sport said it shouldn't of been overturned due to new VAR rules
Cundy doesn’t know what he’s talking about. The PL only want VAR to intervene when there has been a clear and obvious error after reviewing readily available evidence. This is a prime example of the new rules working perfectly. There was no/minimal contact instigated by the Everton player, never a penalty and the replays showed that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here