Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SkirlieWirlie

Jan 6, 2024
Dodgy first twenty minutes of first half, settled into passing routine. Minteh clattered and taken off as a precaution.
Dodgy five minutes second half, then we were good.
LB Jack Hinshelwood.
Minteh good, Mitoma good, Welbeck good.
Wieffer slow start, will get better.
WBG came on second half
We totally deserved the win.
This was as quick a summary as I could do....enjoy the highlights

All of this, hugely optimistic start to the season with a team winning that hadn't played a competitive game together... And against our nemesis Burnl... Sorry, Everton :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just leaving Stanley Park - what a strange old game that was - Wieffer and Milner were as poor in the first half as Minteh was good but a lot of big match turning moments went our way. My Everton mate who watched the game on TV abroad is seething about the non pen 🤪

Ah well - great result but some work to do in that midfield I reckon. Please Napoli go away!
Overall Wieffer was very good, underhit a few passes early on, and a couple of obvious mistakes, but lots and lots of really good stuff, looking forward, strong tackles, key involvement in both the first two goals, I'm quite excited by him

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Hmm… I thought he was very careless giving the ball away and wayward passes. Got an assist for 2nd goal tho. But at fault for the pen that wasn’t.
I remember Mwepu have a shocking few games when he started then became a beast. It’s all cool.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Paul Merson will be shocked 🤣
He has it in for us. So pleased we wiped his face in shit again.

IMG_5581.jpeg

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
Merson is a genuinely lovely bloke and has been through a lot. But he is undeniably a shit pundit. So bad it’s endearing and why I think he gets jobs.

I'm sure he is all the things you say he is.

However, I have spent decades seeing us either ignored or condescended to, sometimes justifiably. I know why it still occurs these days (laziness and pandering), but I will not stop calling it out.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
My God we have so many attacking options it’s frightening! Welbeck is like a fine wine. Was my MOM today.

One slight concern is us defensively, if we can add a couple of reinforcements in that department then we have a genuine chance of a top 6 finish IMO.

Not sure on the call to play Hinshelwood ahead of Barco, thought he struggled and looked a little uncomfortable.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hmm… I thought he was very careless giving the ball away and wayward passes. Got an assist for 2nd goal tho. But at fault for the pen that wasn’t.
Excellent second half, screening the defence. Wasn't exactly the only one that looked uncomfortable with Everton's press first half. Goodison Park's hardly the easiest environment to make a debut in English football.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Shakey start, and the red card helped, but what a fantastic result!!!

Excellent start to the season. 3 goals, 3 points and a clean sheet. Lovely stuff.

Good win. Lots of positives.

Everton are going to be in trouble again this season.
All these and more. First 20-25 mins a little shakey but as soon as we scored our first goal it was almost all Brighton. Three goals and a clean sheet - what more could you ask for . . . Ok more goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here