PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Reactions: cjd

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Negatives

Commentator was awful and Osman rivals Birtles for bias. At least the commentator learnt Fab's name by the end but went through Warren's entire repertoire first. Claimed we had Luke Steele in goal. Said at least the Everton fans weren't leaving early as we were singing about fire drills and the camera cutting within 10 seconds to show hordes pouring out. Claimed we took our one chance in the first half despite hitting the post and Welbz being a bit off balance. Said we were playing like we were on Brighton beach - now playing like that on pebbles would be impressive.

Positives

I loved the way we matched their aggression. Milner's booking was a terrible tackle at Mitoma had a nasty lunge but we matched them in getting stuck in. That was the biggest difference from an RDZ team for me - we didn't get to see the high press as much coz Dycheball but we still nicked it a lot. And everyone got stuck into meaty tackles. Will be interesting against Utd to see what changes in our defending but you got to love squaring up to Dycheball.

There was only one PL worthy team out there but it looked for the first 25 that Dycheball might do what it normally does. But their poor crossing and inability to time runs put paid to that and we learnt quickly.

Me likey.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think it was a wrong call . Dunk slid to block the expected shot and the only contact came when DCL stood on his foot. If the penalty had stood it would have been seen as a howler. IMO
I don't think it was a penalty either having seen multiple replays, but I don't think it was particularly obvious with one look at full speed that DCL stood on Dunk's foot. With the new higher bar they've been talking up this week for VAR intervention, I'm slightly surprised it was overturned.

Obviously, happy it was. At some point though we have to accept that we either have VAR that's intrusive and intervenes a lot, or we let the ref make the occasional understandable mistake. I'd accept the latter in return for getting the flow of the game back.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Cracking Dyche interview on SSN. Apparently they were very good, the penalty shouldn’t have been overturned, the red card changed the match and they were basically really hard done by.

Some days I like him. Others he talks absolute twaddle.
Seeing as we were two up before not so young got sent off, the only way it changed the match is it kept them from conceding more as they stayed in damage limitation mode.....it didn't work

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Listening to him trying to justify why it was a penalty and how lucky we were to have it overturned was just excruciating. Prick.
Was it Osman who commented on about 80 minutes how the Everton fans were superb as none of them had left the stadium, literally as the camera panned in and showed them vomiting out of the stands?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Cracking Dyche interview on SSN. Apparently they were very good, the penalty shouldn’t have been overturned, the red card changed the match and they were basically really hard done by.

Some days I like him. Others he talks absolute twaddle.
No this is standard Dyche. He is an uber **** with a massive chip on his shoulder.

He HATES losing to us, we are the embodiment of everything the prick hates in football.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Did Fab do a Roberto, Graham of Christopher when scoring those goals?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He could have looked at 557 different f***ing screens and seen it wasn’t a pen! If CJTC Dyche moans about that decision he’s an even bigger twat than I already think he is.
Dyche is a Kunt and his post match interview is a certain pointer. If that was a penalty you prick then I'm the Pope

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I don't think it was a penalty either having seen multiple replays, but I don't think it was particularly obvious with one look at full speed that DCL stood on Dunk's foot. With the new higher bar they've been talking up this week for VAR intervention, I'm slightly surprised it was overturned.

Obviously, happy it was. At some point though we have to accept that we either have VAR that's intrusive and intervenes a lot, or we let the ref make the occasional understandable mistake. I'd accept the latter in return for getting the flow of the game back.
It doesn’t matter what it looks like at full speed and one single viewing it’s what the readily available evidence (to use the PLs own words) shows, that showed the ref had made a clear and obvious error so he was rightly called to the screen. Even with the monitor not working properly the decision was made very quickly without micro analysis of each angle. Very much a win for VAR and what it’s meant to do today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here