Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton tickets

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations for getting a cheap train ticket/ cheap travel?

Would prefer to get the train but would go on the coach if its significantly cheaper.
I originally went on to Avanti Trains site to purchase tickets for myself and grandson - with railcards - for advanced fare deals. It’s a total mess. I looked at other train sites for comparison and in the end plumped for Trainline. No problem at all. I picked up return tickets Euston - Liverpool Lime Street and back (no changes) for a total of £129. Seats allocated as well. :thumbsup:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I originally went on to Avanti Trains site to purchase tickets for myself and grandson - with railcards - for advanced fare deals. It’s a total mess. I looked at other train sites for comparison and in the end plumped for Trainline. No problem at all. I picked up return tickets Euston - Liverpool Lime Street and back (no changes) for a total of £129. Seats allocated as well. :thumbsup:
Trainpal is a recent app to come to my attention, if I had known about it before, my Everton ticket would have been £9 cheaper... ( Pie and a pint maybe)

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
No tickets left when finally got in through the queue. I guess will just have to keep checking for returns or additional ones added

Oops-got signed out! All ok for Everton away and Forest at home. Looking forward to new season and the players we’ve signed…

Last edited:

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
No tickets left when finally got in through the queue. I guess will just have to keep checking for returns or additional ones added
I really don't like this queuing system. I used to go on at 8.58 everytime and snap a ticket up, now it's just a total lottery. Got placed number 560 or something and took me 8 minutes to get in, by which point there were only a few hundred left

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
Trainpal is a recent app to come to my attention, if I had known about it before, my Everton ticket would have been £9 cheaper... ( Pie and a pint maybe)
I just went onto Trainpal to see what they could offer (with a railcard). For Euston to Liverpool Lime Street and back you can pick up a return fare for £32.85!! Okay, they’re split tickets with numerous changes and longer journey times, but if you’re looking for bargains that’s where to go.

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
Surely the queuing system could be avoided if different matches went on sale at different times? Ipswich and Nottingham Forest at home both went on sale this morning. Did they really need to? Can't they have been delayed until Wed or Thu and allowed Everton to be sold today.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
I really don't like this queuing system. I used to go on at 8.58 everytime and snap a ticket up, now it's just a total lottery. Got placed number 560 or something and took me 8 minutes to get in, by which point there were only a few hundred left
If there were only a few hundred left why are you complaining? Unless of course you intended to buy ALL the remaining few hundred. :lolol:

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
If there were only a few hundred left why are you complaining? Unless of course you intended to buy ALL the remaining few hundred. :lolol:
Because it takes it out my hands. I'm getting on the website later because of a random queue place. It's fine for this when there were 500 left but other aways where fewer goes to members it's going to be frustrating.

I can no longer rely on my punctuality and slight of hand 🤣

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
Because it takes it out my hands. I'm getting on the website later because of a random queue place. It's fine for this when there were 500 left but other aways where fewer goes to members it's going to be frustrating.

I can no longer rely on my punctuality and slight of hand 🤣
The issue is when you’ve got hundreds, maybe thousands, all trying to get tickets at the same time. It’s going to be a lottery (obviously!). Unless it’s a high demand low allocation ground like Bournemouth or Luton I’ve never really had a problem. The system is as fair as it can be. At least you don’t have to queue half way up Queens Road or for four hours at the Goldstone to get a Cup Final replay ticket back in 1983! :ohmy:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The issue is when you’ve got hundreds, maybe thousands, all trying to get tickets at the same time. It’s going to be a lottery (obviously!). Unless it’s a high demand low allocation ground like Bournemouth or Luton I’ve never really had a problem. The system is as fair as it can be. At least you don’t have to queue half way up Queens Road or for four hours at the Goldstone to get a Cup Final replay ticket back in 1983! :ohmy:
You should have gone to the Stoke game earlier in the season and kept the voucher.... 😂😂

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Restricted view seats now opened in lower tier, another couple of hundred.
Seems the club has learned from last year when these were released and sold before the upper tier even opened. Well done them.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Why is lower tier restricted view?
Two reasons, firstly those at the back are restricted by the overhang of the tier above meaning as soon as the ball goes much over head height you cannot see it and secondly the pillars that hold that tier up can be blocking your view of one of the goalmouths.
In fairness it is an old school, but soon to be replaced, stadium.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why is lower tier restricted view?
My view a few seasons ago.

IMG_3615.jpeg

steve c north stand

Jul 9, 2024
Two reasons, firstly those at the back are restricted by the overhang of the tier above meaning as soon as the ball goes much over head height you cannot see it and secondly the pillars that hold that tier up can be blocking your view of one of the goalmouths.
In fairness it is an old school, but soon to be replaced, stadium.
Got it. I’m in UV1. Never been to Goodson so wasn’t sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here