• Neither

Votes: 114 58.5%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gareth Glover said:
People who abuse themselves with alcohol all their lives usually die in the 50's.

People who abuse themselves with drugs all their lives usually die in the 40's.

People who abuse themselves with drugs and alcohol usually dies in the 30's or 40's.

Never taken drugs and never will. As for all the other vices, no comment M'Lud.

thats the biggest load of bollocks I've read in a long time

the Daily Mail continues to brain wash the middle classes :eek:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zef

Are you saying people who abuse drugs and alcohol all their lives live to a grand old age ?. Why is it bollocks ?.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Can't imagine ever paying for a shag - at least not till I'm old and fat anyway - there's just too much going free to be paying for it!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stumpy Tim said:
That's quite possibly the most absurd post I've ever seen

Blimey, you haven't read too many posts then. :)

I don't know why you pick on that post: it's not really controversial. Talk to anyone who has dealings with drug users and they'll point out that crack cocaine is the biggest problem they have to deal with.

Heroin is not a particularly addictive drug (that's not to say that it's not at all addictive) and the physical cravings are mostly overplayed. In fact, some authorities claim that the physical cravings for nicotine are stronger.

As with many drugs, the physical cravings are over-emphasised and lot of the dependency is psychological.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Gareth Glover said:

Are you saying people who abuse drugs and alcohol all their lives live to a grand old age ?. Why is it bollocks ?.

I'm sure he's not saying that people using drugs and alcohol live to a grand old age. But your statement was an immense generalisation. People like David Bowie and any of the remaining Stones go to show that. It's down to the individual. Drugs/alcohol affect people in different ways. Surely you can realise this?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:

As with many drugs, the physical cravings are over-emphasised and lot of the dependency is psychological.

Given that people use drugs to 'escape' in the first place, not because they physically need them. I agree.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gareth, no Im not, far from it, but thats the kind of sweeping statement thats specifically written as a scaremongering tactic by the kind of fuckwits that write for the daily mail (as an example) which in turn leads to pig ignorant parents, and in turn, to 'rebellious' teenagers with little or no drug/alcohol education who subsequently end up in trouble themselves because of being targetted by the kind of scum who will profit from other peoples weaknesses and ignorance. all thisd leads to is more Daily mail scaremongering and more addiction, broken families etc . .. .it goes on and on . . . .

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Gwylan said:
I don't know why you pick on that post: it's not really controversial. Talk to anyone who has dealings with drug users and they'll point out that crack cocaine is the biggest problem they have to deal with.

Yes, but I get the feeling that most people on here aren't assuming the post is talking about crack cocaine. Crack is a different matter altogether.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Gareth Glover said:
People who abuse themselves with alcohol all their lives usually die in the 50's.

People who abuse themselves with drugs all their lives usually die in the 40's.

People who abuse themselves with drugs and alcohol usually dies in the 30's or 40's.
How old are the Rolling Stones now?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Got as far as a prostitutes (Brothel) front door but turned and ran away :lolol:
Done half a something or other of Billy (whatever the f*** that was) many years ago but thought nothing of it.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I used Coke but didn't like the bubbles. The Cherry flavoured one is cack too

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Gwylan said:
There's no way I'd touch coke: I've seen what it does to people I know.

I don't know why it's regarded as a 'fun' drug. It's far more addictive than heroin and generally turns users into complete wankers.

That proves you know absolutely f*** all about what you are talking about. Coke more addictive than Heroin? I know people who have become heroin addicts vs many people who use Coke recreationaly and that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.

Stumpy Tim

Gwylan said:
Blimey, you haven't read too many posts then. :)

Heroin is not a particularly addictive drug (that's not to say that it's not at all addictive) and the physical cravings are mostly overplayed. In fact, some authorities claim that the physical cravings for nicotine are stronger.

This is the problem with the older generation right now. They lump certain drugs into the category "drugs" & think they're all bad for you. It wasn't long ago that Cannabis was the same classification as heroin!! Once a kid tries cannabis, he then begins to think parents are lying about other drugs too - and that includes heroin. If it wasn't for Zammo maybe more kids would be on it now.

Cocaine & crack cocaine are VERY different things. As someone has already said, cocaine (not crack) is like pot now. Very few users are addicted!! Crack to cocaine is like vodka is to water.

In all honesty, parents should not talk about drugs unless they truly know what they're talking about because they end up doing more harm than good.

Anyway, I'm off to get my fix. Having been addicted to cocaine for years now I think I need a hit. After all, I've done it twice in the past 12 months now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here