Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Confess I hadn't noticed him on the bench. Genuinely can't remember his services actually being called upon though.

Been told he came on for a few minutes at the end of the Fulham game .................. did he do much to impress?

Came on against Leicester for 10 mins as well. Can understand why he’s not getting much game time; which attacking players is getting dropped from the current starting 11?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
If you're
looking for striker
We know where to find him
Evan Ferguson
Always running past defenders
Scoring past your keeper
Evan Ferguson
Evan Ferguson

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well at least he’s in the match day squad. ! He’s doing better than you thought!

A bit.......... maybe........... perhaps ............ possibly ...........

I hope he goes on to be an Albion great. I'd also like to have seen a bit more of him at this stage of his Albon career. I guess we'll see what RdZ makes of him in the next few weeks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Came on against Leicester for 10 mins as well. Can understand why he’s not getting much game time; which attacking players is getting dropped from the current starting 11?

Exactly. It’s no slight on him that he’s not getting game time at the moment, more a reflection of how well others are playing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A bit.......... maybe........... perhaps ............ possibly ...........

I hope he goes on to be an Albion great. I'd also like to have seen a bit more of him at this stage of his Albon career. I guess we'll see what RdZ makes of him in the next few weeks.

?? What we have seen of him - you missed on the bench / and on the pitch ! But agreed there's plenty of the season left - and now he's playing under a new coach. We'll soon find out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
FERGUSON SIGNS NEW CONTRACT

Evan Ferguson has signed his first long-term professional contract, committing his future with Albion to June 2026.

The Republic of Ireland under-21 international, who turns 18 today, made his Premier League debut earlier this year against Burnley, becoming our youngest-ever Premier League player.

Men’s first-team head coach Roberto De Zerbi said, “I am very happy to see Evan commit his future to Brighton. I have only worked with him for a few weeks but is clear to see his potential. I am really looking forward to working with him and helping him progress."

David Weir added, “Evan is a great example of the recruitment and academy process we have here at the club and it is credit to those who have already played such an important part in his career.”

Evan joined us in January 2021 from Bohemians, progressing quickly from the under-18s up to the under-21s, before making his senior debut in the Carabao Cup against Cardiff City in August last year.

He scored his first senior goal for us in the Carabao Cup this season, firing in our third goal in a 3-0 win against Forest Green Rovers.

Evan has enjoyed a prolific start to the season: he was also nominated for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month for September, having scored a hat-trick against Leicester City under-21s in a 4-1 win.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Evan Ferguson has signed his first long-term professional contract, committing his future with Albion to June 2026.

The Republic of Ireland under-21 international, who turns 18 today, made his Premier League debut earlier this year against Burnley, becoming our youngest-ever Premier League player.

Men’s first-team head coach Roberto De Zerbi said, “I am very happy to see Evan commit his future to Brighton. I have only worked with him for a few weeks but is clear to see his potential. I am really looking forward to working with him and helping him progress."

David Weir added, “Evan is a great example of the recruitment and academy process we have here at the club and it is credit to those who have already played such an important part in his career.”

Evan joined us in January 2021 from Bohemians, progressing quickly from the under-18s up to the under-21s, before making his senior debut in the Carabao Cup against Cardiff City in August last year.

He scored his first senior goal for us in the Carabao Cup this season, firing in our third goal in a 3-0 win against Forest Green Rovers.

Evan has enjoyed a prolific start to the season: he was also nominated for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month for September, having scored a hat-trick against Leicester City under-21s in a 4-1 win.
Nice

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

The first bit of good news with respect to staff comings and goings for a very long time

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Great news. If his development is managed properly we could have a real gem here. Seems to score all types of goals.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great news for Evan . He will gain some good experience from this call up
Hope so. Once Connolly and Molumby was called up to play for Pluckier Island, they both returned as turds and so far haven't recovered.

But I'm hopeful Evan can't be dragged down to Ireland-levels!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here