Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It is. From about 15 metres out, in the top corner. The previous one in the first passage of play wasn't too bad either: although saved, it came at him really quickly and he adjusted well to the deflection.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He’s basically the Welbeck replacement (and possibly cover in terms of player type, hence not out on loan as we don’t have anyone else similar)……..pace of development hopefully aligns with Danny staying fit for another couple of seasons.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I only saw the highlights.
Some very good play but some sloppy defending and I am sure that quite a few of the gills challenges would be a foul in a PL match but ok in L2!

Ferguson looks very promising.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The kid is scoring regularly and who better to learn off than Danny Welbeck?

I don't think this is about ability, more about being mentally ready for the highs and lows, risks and rewards of Premier League football.

This is where having 5 subs is brilliant. We can bring him as our 5th sub on with 5 - 10 minutes to go where expectation will be low and the pressure will be off, and build his confidence according to how he produces in those moments.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great header from a cracking delivery.

Best goal of the night was the winner though – what a peach!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nice to see the youngsters srrounding the ref and getting right in his face (quite justifiably) and getting the goal disallowed. The first team could take lessons from them .........................

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
He’s basically the Welbeck replacement (and possibly cover in terms of player type, hence not out on loan as we don’t have anyone else similar)……..pace of development hopefully aligns with Danny staying fit for another couple of seasons.

Agree to a certain extent, but the loan decision was made under the previous regime, perhaps RDZ will have other ideas in January ?

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Our ex scout Mark Anderson said of him "The future Teddy Sherringham, said it since he was 12"
It wouldn't be the worse thing if he gets a game at Arsenal in the cup.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree to a certain extent, but the loan decision was made under the previous regime, perhaps RDZ will have other ideas in January ?
He may, but it won't be solely down to him - Shannon Ruth and Gordon Greer will still have a say in young players being loaned out, surely? What is a little worrying (unless he's injured) is the apparant complete absence from anywhere near the matchday squad of Denis Undav (I always thought Dante Vanzier was the one we were going for from USG anyway!).

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He may, but it won't be solely down to him - Shannon Ruth and Gordon Greer will still have a say in young players being loaned out, surely? What is a little worrying (unless he's injured) is the apparant complete absence from anywhere near the matchday squad of Denis Undav (I always thought Dante Vanzier was the one we were going for from USG anyway!).

Hasn’t Undav been on the bench for every game this season ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

He’s not only near it, he’s been in it. Undav has been in the match day squad for every game this season including v Liverpool . I guess your point is he’s had relatively few minutes aside from FGR and Fulham. Probably because Welbeck and the team have been so strong/on form. That’s either a good sign or a worrying one I guess. See also Levi Colwill.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hasn’t Undav been on the bench for every game this season ???

Confess I hadn't noticed him on the bench. Genuinely can't remember his services actually being called upon though.

Been told he came on for a few minutes at the end of the Fulham game .................. did he do much to impress?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Confess I hadn't noticed him on the bench. Genuinely can't remember his services actually being called upon though.

Been told he came on for a few minutes at the end of the Fulham game .................. did he do much to impress?

“Been told” ?? - it’s not a rumour ha ha .

He scored against FGR and his progress on here has been discussed at length. In short - too early to say or not up to it - depending on your pov.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
“Been told” ?? - it’s not a rumour ha ha .

He scored against FGR and his progress on here has been discussed at length. In short - too early to say or not up to it - depending on your pov.
So too did Ferguson score against FGR in a minor cup. Too early to judge on Undav yet? Yes, it's early days ............. but it's still not the greatest of starts, is it? I very much doubt it's what he expected when banging in goals in Belgium and waiting to start again leading the line at Brighton and doing the same thing in the PL.

Room for improvement - and I hope it happens.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So too did Ferguson score against FGR in a minor cup. Too early to judge on Undav yet? Yes, it's early days ............. but it's still not the greatest of starts, is it? I very much doubt it's what he expected when banging in goals in Belgium and waiting to start again leading the line at Brighton and doing the same thing in the PL.

Room for improvement - and I hope it happens.

Well at least he’s in the match day squad. ! He’s doing better than you thought!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here