Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Glandular fever can be very, very nasty. Sometimes people (wrongly) compare it with a generic sore throat as part of a cold, but GF if not given time to fully recover (such as, say, with a professional sportsman desperate return to action when still under the weather) can be very serious indeed. Can lead to anemia, issues with liver, kidneys and even neurological issues.
I suffered with Glandular fever as a 16 year old. Was laid up for 2-3 months, completely washed out, no energy, no appetite, night sweats/shivers. Horrible, lost a load of weight (and at 16 not a good thing, well not back in the 80’s)
So for a professional footballer must be completely debilitating.
I learned later they used to call it the kissing disease. Not sure what they meant when I was that age……

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
They are at the Marbella football centre. A lot of clubs use it as a training base for warm weather training etc. In our case as we’ve sent a few players carrying injuries/needing to get match fit again it looks like we are using the services of a trainer called John Haddad who regularly works out of the gym there. He’s a world leading expert in muscle movement and methods of recovery etc.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I suffered with Glandular fever as a 16 year old. Was laid up for 2-3 months, completely washed out, no energy, no appetite, night sweats/shivers. Horrible, lost a load of weight (and at 16 not a good thing, well not back in the 80’s)
So for a professional footballer must be completely debilitating.
I learned later they used to call it the kissing disease. Not sure what they meant when I was that age……
Had it at 18….not very nice at all

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Irish Independent is reporting that Evan is going to be loaned to

Brentford.

Yes, that’s right,

Brentford.

I think there are several reasons this wouldn’t happen.
Has the Irish Independent a reputation to value? I would suggest not judging by that, it's a zero possibility chance.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Has the Irish Independent a reputation to value? I would suggest not judging by that, it's a zero possibility chance.

They are saying there are reports in the English media.

I imagine it’s GB News, Talk Radio , The Mail, and other media bastions of truth and reliability.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Irish Independent is reporting that Evan is going to be loaned to

Brentford.

Yes, that’s right,

Brentford.

I think there are several reasons this wouldn’t happen.
The article claims that its source for this ridiculous nonsense is the ‘English Media’. A quick google and search on Twitter does not reveal ANY ‘English’ sources.

But, it does appear that certain Irish folk believe we’ve signed Rutter as a No.9 including this tinkler:

They’ve put 2+2 together and come up with the answer of ‘baked beans’.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They are saying there are reports in the English media.

I imagine it’s GB News, Talk Radio , The Mail, and other media bastions of truth and reliability.
Fair enough then.

Still NEVER happening in a million years. I'll wear a palace shirt in the wsu if that happens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough then.

Still NEVER happening in a million years. I'll wear a palace shirt in the wsu if that happens.
Christ.

Remind me to not get out my vanity mirror to powder my nose. I'd risk a conniption fit :ohmy:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
No chance. Yesterday we played Welbeck and Pedro. Welbeck gets injured or needs a rest and Ferguson is straight in the starting 11.

I don't agree that's necessarily the case.

It's likely that the club regards Ferguson is in need of match experience, which we might be unable to provide him.

If Welbeck or Pedro get injured, then there are other players that can step in, aside from Ferguson. Enciso or Rutter for example. Or we will change formation.

I can see Ferguson going somewhere on loan, and Premier League Brentford makes absolute sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here