[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Irish Independent is reporting that Evan is going to be loaned to

Brentford.

Yes, that’s right,

Brentford.

I think there are several reasons this wouldn’t happen.

Name those reasons. If it's good for Brentford, and good for Brighton, why wouldn't it? As long as there's a good recall option.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can’t see going to Brentford as I see them as one of our rivals this season ( not getting carried away after two games like some people)

Whilst Brentford could finish above us this season, if they do, I don't think they'll be stealing a European place from us. Therefore I don't consider them relevant rivals. If they finish 11th and us 12th, so what? If things go our way and we're up fighting for Europe, then Brentford will be below us.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not to be loaned! He has been touted as 'the next big £50M+++ player' for us. I think he could be just that, after a season or two keeping us in a good position league and cup wise.
Loan him out, say to the Championship, or even lower PL, and his potential value drops like a stone - he's just another youngster having a try at adult football. He is, by all accounts, a 'good sort' with good family support - so he's not another Aaron Connolly, who should have been out on loan a year sooner than he was. IMHO, that's not for Ferguson now.
Let's ease him in, at The Albion. If by the end of the season it becomes it's clear he's still struggling, then OK, forget getting £100M for him, just let him go somewhere a bit lower down the pyramid and score goals by the hatful.

Dec 29, 2011
I hate to say it but I don't think Ferguson fits into our system as the main striker. Welbeck has shown we need a man leading the line who is more than just a good finisher. Ferguson is a huge talent who will excel in the right system, but I don't think that is currently us. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Name those reasons. If it's good for Brentford, and good for Brighton, why wouldn't it? As long as there's a good recall option.
I believe all loans are season long and can only be cancelled by mutual agreement between the two clubs, you can't stick it a loan deal to have the option.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
He is coming back from injury/an operation and there are the glandular fever rumors (which could obviously be bollocks), but his minutes/ comeback and care surely need to be carefully managed - and by us, not on loan, where another team (with no long term perspective) are trying to get their money's worth!!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I believe all loans are season long and can only be cancelled by mutual agreement between the two clubs, you can't stick it a loan deal to have the option.
Even with an agreement in the loan, you can still only be recalled in the transfer window i.e. Jan.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Said it for ages, he has to be loaned (with jan recall option) he won’t play and possibly won’t get into the squad. Of course only loaning if to top 3 champ side/lower prem side.

We have a 35 man squad including o Riley and Ferdi. Need to lose around 10 players.

Ferguson - loan
Sarmiento - sell
Duberry - loan
Dahoud - release
Moder - sell
Peupion - sell
Rushworth - loan
Yalcouye - loan
Weir - sell
Gilmour - being sold

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Assuming Toney goes then it makes perfect sense for Evan to be loaned. He needs to prove himself at the highest level and we don’t have time to experiment with him.

For me, the jury is still out. But to be fair to the lad, we’ve perhaps not played to his strengths.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I hate to say it but I don't think Ferguson fits into our system as the main striker. Welbeck has shown we need a man leading the line who is more than just a good finisher. Ferguson is a huge talent who will excel in the right system, but I don't think that is currently us. I would love to be proven wrong though.
I think you’re wrong. He has a good all round game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is he fit yet?

I would like to see him coming on for Welbeck on 70 minutes and starting the cup games.
Chances are, as the season drags on, he will need to start more games.

I don't think a loan will give him any more experience, than he will get by staying here and fulfilling that role.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We spent the first 3 years of Prem life bemoaning the fact we had no strikers aside an old slow Murray.

Ferguson is big, strong, has a shot and an eye for goal . . . We'd not played to his strengths at all under RDZ. He's still only 19 FFS

He doesn't need a loan. With the right coaching and support from team mates he has 20 goals a season in him.

If the club fancy a good rinse then so be it, but I'd rather see him score for us.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
This is incorrect.

The clubs can negotiate the loan in multiple ways.

You can have the option to recall the player without the other club having a say, or the other club can have the option to terminate the loan without the other clubs say.

You can also sit down and negotiate it if there are none of those clauses, but the loan isn't working out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Whilst Brentford could finish above us this season, if they do, I don't think they'll be stealing a European place from us. Therefore I don't consider them relevant rivals. If they finish 11th and us 12th, so what? If things go our way and we're up fighting for Europe, then Brentford will be below us.
Good for you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here