Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Have not read all of thread but with our training facilities at Lancing Why are the in Marbella
They are at the Marbella football centre. A lot of clubs use it as a training base for warm weather training etc. In our case as we’ve sent a few players carrying injuries/needing to get match fit again it looks like we are using the services of a trainer called John Haddad who regularly works out of the gym there. He’s a world leading expert in muscle movement and methods of recovery etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They are at the Marbella football centre. A lot of clubs use it as a training base for warm weather training etc. In our case as we’ve sent a few players carrying injuries/needing to get match fit again it looks like we are using the services of a trainer called John Haddad who regularly works out of the gym there. He’s a world leading expert in muscle movement and methods of recovery etc.
This….world-leading biomechanics expert. Suspect our new medics are very aware of his work and shunted our crocks off to him pronto.

These are a good podcast if anyone is interested in the detail

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Talking about getting pampered. We are in July not January. .. I have a bit of a shoulder ache so will tell my wife I have to go to Marbella for a week to get it sorted.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Talking about getting pampered. We are in July not January. .. I have a bit of a shoulder ache so will tell my wife I have to go to Marbella for a week to get it sorted.
The rest of the squad got an all expenses paid trip to Japan. Maybe the choice of Marbella softens the blow of missing out on that due to injury (not to mention the expert treatment available).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ye nothing says "intellectual" like avoiding all sports science ever produced. "I watch scout players on Youtube", "don't really give a shit about set pieces", "don't know how to periodise training"...

I've heard the rumour about Evan Ferguson and glandular fever all of last season. It makes little to no sense. He's been interviewed a few times, people have asked about him, both him, club and Ireland have been open about his injury troubles and him trying to play through injury.

If it was glandular fever, whats the purpose of hiding it? Wouldn't it been in the best interest of the club, Evan and his agent if someone said "Evan has struggled with sickness but will be back to his best" or whatever. Rather than have hundreds if not thousands of people speculating about his fall from grace and him becoming the next Aaron Connolly etc.
As usual the man in the Swedish ivory tower knows it all and the rest of us with links to the club and those who report on it shouldn’t bother…

:shrug: :lolol: :shootself

Also, your first paragraph is laughable and possibly libellous bollocks.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Did you miss the bit about them working with one of the world’s best in biomechanics and recovery from injuries. Surely if it gets the players fitter and understanding their bodies better it’s of enormous benefit for the club. Nothing to do with being pampered.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Ye nothing says "intellectual" like avoiding all sports science ever produced. "I watch scout players on Youtube", "don't really give a shit about set pieces", "don't know how to periodise training"...

I've heard the rumour about Evan Ferguson and glandular fever all of last season. It makes little to no sense. He's been interviewed a few times, people have asked about him, both him, club and Ireland have been open about his injury troubles and him trying to play through injury.

If it was glandular fever, whats the purpose of hiding it? Wouldn't it been in the best interest of the club, Evan and his agent if someone said "Evan has struggled with sickness but will be back to his best" or whatever. Rather than have hundreds if not thousands of people speculating about his fall from grace and him becoming the next Aaron Connolly etc.

The illness might have struck just after the Newcastle hatrick match early September.

There was vague talk of an existing patella injury, but that may have been a smokescreen.

It's possible that UK laws on Medical data privacy do not allow information regarding illnesses be made public.

He was hardly seen again that month and in the press conference before the Villa match De Zerbi said that Evan had been suffering from an illness.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I blame Evan's woes on that gushing Football Focus interview with Kelly Somers. He was never the same thereafter. Kiss Of Albion Death IMHO, on the same scale as Opera Woman used to be

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This. Spend an hour going through the motions of being an athlete for the official channels, then spend the rest of the day posing in a club like a fake gangsta :wanker:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
This. Spend an hour going through the motions of being an athlete for the official channels, then spend the rest of the day posing in a club like a fake gangsta :wanker:

Of all the things I’ve seen people get upset about our players doing, having their photo taken might be up there with the weirdest.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You appear to be so upset by a photo of our players that you’ve concocted an entirely made-up story in your head to get mad about.

I hope that helps.
Not really. Doesn't alter the partytime photo. Which is what it's all about really. A bit like that 'warm weather training' in Dubai BS. That worked out well :lol:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Not really. Doesn't alter the partytime photo. Which is what it's all about really. A bit like that 'warm weather training' in Dubai BS. That worked out well :lol:

If you think sitting in a restaurant with a bloke who used to be in Grange Hill is a party then I’m f*cking glad you’ve never invited me to a party.

Because of obviously if they were left alone in Brighton with no coaches and none of the medical team I’m sure they’d be doing a lot more conditioning training than they are now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It isn't a club but looks more like a restaurant. They haven't even got a drink on the table.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Is it though? They don't seem to be very good at it.

Few years ago they went to Spain on a short trip in January and February and there was a video where they appeared to be inhaling fun stuff from balloons. Soon turned out that someone had reversed the video and they were actually blowing the balloons... that was a dark moment in human history.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you think sitting in a restaurant with a bloke who used to be in Grange Hill is a party then I’m f*cking glad you’ve never invited me to a party.

Because of obviously if they were left alone in Brighton with no coaches and none of the medical team I’m sure they’d be doing a lot more conditioning training than they are now.

Screenshot_20240725_161459_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240725_161930_Chrome.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here