Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] **Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Official Thread & Sweepstake**

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's a fine line between looking like you are enjoying it all and looking like you are laughing at it. Germany's entry fell foul of this, whereas Iceland and Lithuania seemed to get it right. There's no set template for winning, the top 4 were very different acts. We just need to look like we are trying to play the game a bit more as opposed to turning up and thinking because we had the Beatles we deserve it.

Just don’t ask Paul McCartney to do it though

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
We appear to be the only Country that plays it with a straight bat - a few weeks ago we sent the Navy over to sort out French Fishing Boats and we then give them 12 points 🤣

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I don't think for a second he took anything, based on the evidence at hand. In the short clip, he at no point uses his hands to cover his nostril, which is entirely necessary for snorting powders.

It looks very dodgy, but would be entirely impractical to inhale drugs that way.

They have also just made a strong denial and offered to be tested for drugs, the entire band.

Shame this has marred their win assuming he is indeed innocent.

Unless any new evidence comes up like different camera angles, this is a non-story.

Looks to me as though he is clenching and shaking his hands in semi-repressed celebration, and lowering his head to them, which is a sort of natural move. I've done that myself.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
We appear to be the only Country that plays it with a straight bat - a few weeks ago we sent the Navy over to sort out French Fishing Boats and we then give them 12 points 🤣

Possibly subtle trolling by the UK jury. I don't know how the jury are composed but it's reasonable to assume they come from a music and arts background. A demographic that are likely to be pro European and anti Brexit. What better way to send the Brexity masses into a rage than award 12 points to France.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
why not put your brexit hat on, wave a Union jack and pretend we did really well?

The hard facts are that no one cares.

These days with the multitude of non European countries involved and the ever increasing need for devices that are a distraction to the music, Eurovision is to music what women’s football is to elite sport.

The truth is the only people interested in it are weirdos and perverts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1396385663768006659[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 22389

Possibly subtle trolling by the UK jury. I don't know how the jury are composed but it's reasonable to assume they come from a music and arts background. A demographic that are likely to be pro European and anti Brexit. What better way to send the Brexity masses into a rage than award 12 points to France.

I voted Leave, my mother is Italian, one of my friends is French, why would I get in a rage about awarding France 12 points. My mum thought the Italian entry was rubbish, by the way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1396385663768006659[/tweet]

He would get my full support, the ideal UK entry, self penned song I’d hope and I know the whole performance would be completely off the wall. If Europe don’t get it, Feck ‘em

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just don’t ask Paul McCartney to do it though

Irrespective of our song being shite, I think that even if the Beatles were able to reform and enter the competition we are so unpopular in Europe that even they would get zero points.
Any of our acts putting their heads above the parapet would get them blown off. It’s just not worth the effort. Personally I would withdraw us from the whole thing, the BBC would save money on supporting it and they could put on some Top of the Pops or Whistle Test repeats on instead.

D

Deleted member 22389

He would get my full support, the ideal UK entry, self penned song I’d hope and I know the whole performance would be completely off the wall. If Europe don’t get it, Feck ‘em

:thumbsup:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Nicki Chapman
Tom Aspaul
Michelle Gayle
Aisha Jawando
Ross Gautreau

Only heard of the top one. Escape from the Country comes to mind!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Saying this once and once only - leave the Brexit stuff out.

Any more Brexit posts, from anyone on any side, will result in action being taken.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
A0EFECE0-ED2B-4B5B-9ECD-256564011DCA.jpeg

Could do the job. Bat shit crazy and can’t sing a note.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is bad for the UK but spare a thought for Germany. They've been 25th or lower 5 out of the last 6 years and haven't sung a whole song in their own language for 23 years.

Co-funders Spain have also been on a similar horror run.

What would be funny is if our next entry was called "12 points for Germany" and we sung it in German, and theirs was "12 points for the UK" sung in English. Both acts could perform in Greek and Cypriot national dress to highlight the systemic vote- rigging that goes on between those two countries.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Enjoyed watching it last night, for that last few years we meet up with another couple and get a takeaway + a few drinks.

The whole thing is daft, the voting is mental and the songs are shit! That's part of the fun, you just have to embrace it.

We liked Lithuania, Iceland, Ukraine and Greece. Thought the Italian song was meh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here