Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] **Eurovision Song Contest 2021 - Official Thread & Sweepstake**

Yoda

English & European
To be fair, our guy looks as though he was going to have cardiac near the end....
Had two years two sort something out and as usual we just don’t know how to do Eurovision

So sending a multi-platinum selling, Brit Award-winning and multi Grammy-nominated songwriter/performer not enough?

I think we should seriously either send someone who is tone deaf or someone that will go though rehearsals like normal, then on the live show just go "Nah! Forget it, you won't vote for me anyway", drop the mic and walk off stage.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe it's the 'Man City fan gene' inside me but surely we shouldn't continue to be a major funder of this competition anymore as it has become so political!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The show has two big problems now:

1. The winner snorting coke live on TV.

2. Automatic finalists UK, Spain and Germany given their usual annual kicking. Clearly, not having to qualify for the final is untenable, as is 5 countries paying for the whole thing.

How can a country that is so successful at monetising its music do so badly every year in a music competition?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
why not put your brexit hat on, wave a Union jack and pretend we did really well?
Trying to reignite bear pit arguments with the usual suspects on the main board is now an automatic infraction offence according to [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], obviously you will be exempt so do carry on [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well I thoroughly enjoyed Eurovision tonight. Seemed a decent enough crop of songs and I got the winner I was hoping for. Some dirty sounding guitars generally does the job for me.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't think for a second he took anything, based on the evidence at hand. In the short clip, he at no point uses his hands to cover his nostril, which is entirely necessary for snorting powders.

It looks very dodgy, but would be entirely impractical to inhale drugs that way.

They have also just made a strong denial and offered to be tested for drugs, the entire band.

Shame this has marred their win assuming he is indeed innocent.

Unless any new evidence comes up like different camera angles, this is a non-story.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
After Brexit we are universally hated by our European friends.

Yes it was, but was it worse than Germany or miles worse than Bulgaria, also Spain and Holland, all shit.
Nope, we are despised in Europe, at least until the sun comes out and they want our money.
Its a cheesy, camp, musical festival, but the voting tells a clear story, no musical taste and which country do we hate the most.
I think it is very sad to be honest, but we are a crap country these days.

No-one likes us, we don't care.

I have to say, I always hope we finish last. It’s like a badge of honour. We tend to do ‘proper’ music better than most other countries so it’s only fair that they give us a kicking in this daft pantomime of a competition every year! Great entertainment.

Hated by Europe and the world.

And before Brexit. The common denominator is us.

No one likes us but we don’t care!

Actually its more like "no one cares about us and we dont like it"...

Was that Swanny just groping the Swedish jury woman? ???

The Swedish woman has been for a night out with [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]

Out of her head

Nah I was sleeping like some kind of animal. But she is batshit, yes.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Fantastic! If you can’t win the f***ing thing then go all out the other way - finish last with nul points, result.

Altogether now : “We’re shit and we know we are, we’re shit and we know we are . . . .” :clap:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Though the Swiss were going to win for a minute . I hated the Italian song , tuneless shouting by a singer who was dressed like a transvestite. Very odd choice .

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Though the Swiss were going to win for a minute . I hated the Italian song , tuneless shouting by a singer who was dressed like a transvestite. Very odd choice .

To be fair though it was better than our effort. Bland doesn't even begin to describe it - the sort of thing you'd hear on Radio 2. Plus he couldn't sing too which didn't help.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought the Finland effort was the better heavy metal song, but otherwise happy with the result. Iceland and Cyprus were my picks to win and the UK one was marginally better than Spain and San Marino but that was all.
We got what we deserved and overall I thought it was a good event. It might be the lack of live events but I thought it was the best Eurovision for many a year.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Worth remembering that only the top 10 get points, we could have finished 11th several times or lower. Same outcome. Our entry wasn't good for Eurovision, the staging was half assed and very low energy. Shame as the chap seemed very popular with the other performers and carried himself very well.

The issue is that we are picking 5-day players for T20 matches. Eurovision is a niche competition but we stil haven't realised it. Amanda Holden's attitude summed up why we may not be popular, rather than Brexit.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
sketch-1621760568787.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need a soft metal band dressed as monsters or animals, the more tattoos the better with an upbeat catchy beat and trite lyrics, greased up half naked good looking male and female dancers too. Lots of pyrotechnics and lasers. We’d then be in with a real chance :smile:

Enough of the bland dirgy shite we come up with every year, it’s not rocket science :shrug:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I agree the worst sound you can make means you’re in with a good chance of success at the euros . Bring on the tuneless screamers .

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
We need a soft metal band dressed as monsters or animals, the more tattoos the better with an upbeat catchy beat and trite lyrics, greased up half naked good looking male and female dancers too. Lots of pyrotechnics and lasers. We’d then be in with a real chance :smile:

Enough of the bland dirgy shite we come up with every year, it’s not rocket science :shrug:

There's a fine line between looking like you are enjoying it all and looking like you are laughing at it. Germany's entry fell foul of this, whereas Iceland and Lithuania seemed to get it right. There's no set template for winning, the top 4 were very different acts. We just need to look like we are trying to play the game a bit more as opposed to turning up and thinking because we had the Beatles we deserve it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here