Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Semi Final - Spain vs France

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Likewise, its been a poor quality tournament apart from 1 or 2 games out of what 47 so far?
I fell asleep during the England v Switzerland game. No, really, I did. I was a little tired that afternoon and the match was like a sleeping pill. The last match I fell asleep during was when I was a kid.

Seeing some of the quality on offer here, I do wonder if England are as good as we think. Last eight quality, yes. But are the players over-hyped ? We know Bellingham is top class and most of the others are talented and can hold their own well enough at the upper international levels. But a lot of other teams can boast the same.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I fell asleep during the England v Switzerland game. No, really, I did. I was a little tired that afternoon and the match was like a sleeping pill. The last match I fell asleep during was when I was a kid.

Seeing some of the quality on offer here, I do wonder if England are as good as we think. Last eight quality, yes. But are the players over-hyped ? We know Bellingham is top class and most of the others are talented and can hold their own well enough at the upper international levels. But a lot of other teams can boast the same.
We do have the quality

Richards just nailed it, they are balanced

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm getting so annoyed with UEFA calling perfectly good goals an o.g. and costing me fantasy points!
Does my head in when people watch football with a view to what they get in fantasy football or on bets they make. Enjoy this game cause you ain't going to see this tomorrow!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a first half.

This is what football should be. Entertaining, exciting, attacking.

Everything that Southgate's England aren't.
Yep.

We won’t last five minutes parking the bus against either of these. Maybe he’ll take us off the lead if we get through?

Still expecting dullness tomorrow though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably, although we might be surprised! I get this feeling that England will turn up tomorrow and play their best so far, but lose!
i'm intrigued as to when you last saw an England team play like this? Our games don't have anywhere near the pace of this match. Bit like comparing a cart horse with a Ferrari, unfortunately! I hope I'm wrong but just don't see it.

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Does my head in when people watch football with a view to what they get in fantasy football or on bets they make. Enjoy this game cause you ain't going to see this tomorrow!!
Seriously? It's not my sole purpose of watching the game! :rolleyes:

i'm intrigued as to when you last saw an England team play like this? Our games don't have anywhere near the pace of this match. Bit like comparing a cart horse with a Ferrari, unfortunately! I hope I'm wrong but just don't see it.
I haven't, well, not like this that's for sure! My point is that England have bored me to tears so far but wouldn't surprise me if they turn up tomorrow, play well, dominate the Dutch but end up losing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite. Good players playing for big clubs are not the preserve of England….most other nations have them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does my head in when people watch football with a view to what they get in fantasy football or on bets they make.

I've got money on it, a footy prediction, and I'm enjoying it as a contest too.

Enjoy this game cause you ain't going to see this tomorrow!!
I'm recording it, so I might.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We do have the quality

Richards just nailed it, they are balanced
I’m not exactly sure what Richard’s specifically means but Spain have no shortage of talent over the pitch, energy, cohesion and a pattern to their play. It’s more than just “balance”

Just look at the way both teams move, it is totally different. That’s nothing to do with balance.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’m not exactly sure what Richard’s specifically means but Spain have no shortage of talent over the pitch, energy, cohesion and a pattern to their play. It’s more than just “balance”
So do England, the issue is Southgate just throws players on the pitch that he thinks are the best players, no real thought on how they fit into a system, a system/tactics they are not used to either.

Spain seems to be system/tactics first then fitting the players that are most suited to that

Also helps Spain plays a system and style that all of these players either play at club level, played at some point for a club or brought up playing

See what happens if you ask these spain players to sit back,they will look as poor as England

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here