Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 7

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Spain look half decent, Italy don't

both would batter England Today.
I think Spain look great. Skill, energy, shape, they work for each other and have a pattern to their play. They’d beat England.

Italy England would be 0-0.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
We have Stones, walker, Foden and Bellingham from the two best teams in the world. Add Saka and Rice from an excellent arsenal team and Add Kane who has been scoring for fun, yet we can barely put three meaningful passes together. I wonder Where the problem lies!!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Perhaps I'm imagining it (I imagine lots of things), but it seems that there are more injuries than there used to be? Both in international and league games.

Maybe it's got something to do with the game being faster (apart from England games obviously), with more wing play? Just a thought....

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
if we’re not going to make the later stages then I want us to get battered, an Iceland game, because we simply cannot go on with this incompetence at the helm, the man is completely out of his depth and has been for years. I wanted him sacked after Croatia in 2018.

What really frightens me though is that the incompetence is also present above him in the FA, god knows who they would appoint next.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
if we’re not going to make the later stages then I want us to get battered, an Iceland game, because we simply cannot go on with this incompetence at the helm, the man is completely out of his depth and has been for years. I wanted him sacked after Croatia in 2018.

What really frightens me though is that the incompetence is also present above him in the FA, god knows who they would appoint next.
they could appoint Benny Hill and he would do better than plonker Southgate. Even though old Benny has been dead for years.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have Stones, walker, Foden and Bellingham from the two best teams in the world. Add Saka and Rice from an excellent arsenal team and Add Kane who has been scoring for fun, yet we can barely put three meaningful passes together. I wonder Where the problem lies!!
Ooh, now there's a question . . .

A tough one . . .

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

We also have a keeper who is frankly a nutter, plays for a 12-17 EPL club, has won nothing in his senior career nor even come close, does not play in club European competitions and by modern standards has poor distribution (I wouldn’t want him in our team the way we play) and despite being England no1 for about 6 years has not had a single top 6 EPL club seriously try to sign him. Why is that?

He’s a big part of the reason England seem to have turned into prime Dyche Everton.

Yet that tit keeps picking him as no1.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Mainoo or Wharton in for TAA, Gallagher's very average and won't offer anything more..

Palmer or Gordon in for Foden.

Give Kane a little bit more time but if no improvement Toney/Watkins.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Southgate still has it within his gift to switch to a 4-1-2-3.

Rice holding, Bellingham and Gallagher in front of him, Gordon and Saka left and right with Foden false 9. Pep won trophies like this before Haaland showed up. Oh, and a left-footed LB in Shaw.

Of course, that means dropping Harry Kane which - listening tonight - even Lineker and Shearer would probably agree with.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We also have a keeper who is frankly a nutter, plays for a 12-17 EPL club, has won nothing in his senior career nor even come close, does not play in club European competitions and by modern standards has poor distribution (I wouldn’t want him in our team the way we play) and despite being England no1 for about 6 years has not had a single top 6 EPL club seriously try to sign him. Why is that?

He’s a big part of the reason England seem to have turned into prime Dyche Everton.

Yet that tit keeps picking him as no1.
Agree. Pickford is a very poor ‘keeper. You only have to look at the Danish goal today to realise this.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
England lack passion, fight and guts, they play with fear and a lack of confidence let alone without any real tactics or strategy. All symptomatic of Southgates reign of failure. He lacks any iota of ability to inspire anyone and not a single England player plays for him. Year after year we flatter to deceive and limp along occasionally getting to later stages of tournaments without ever looking likely to win them. Meanwhile all the other top European nations (who we fail to beat when it matters) polish the silverware in their cabinets. Southgate is an utter abject failure and i can't wait to see the back of him. He should be Assistant manager at a Greggs outlet at a motorway service station somewhere near Lincoln, that's his level the big nosed Palace twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here