Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 7

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It really doesn't need a tactical genius to work out that if you are playing 5m passes between two central defenders and a defensive midfielder whilst there's not an opponent in sight, you're outnumbered somewhere else on the field. It's a CSE grade 3 in maths :dunce:

If you really can't trust some of the best centre backs in Europe, trained from kids to play football and make incisive passes and keep control, without sticking a single or double (please tell me that Phillips comment isn't true) pivot 5 yards in front of them :facepalm:

It's almost as if the last five years at the Amex never happened and we weren't exactly 'trailblazers' :shrug:
I genuinely believe that on our day, we (BHA) would have smashed Denmark.
Crazy, I know....but it's true.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
my tip is to get on Uber Eats, get a takeaway and a beer and watch this Spain team. That earlier offering is a distant memory now.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So much I could say about how and why that was shit.
So just to pick one. When was the last time Gareth actually made a genuine tactical change? Obviously just swapping out players doesn't count.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wait, why are Spain still attacking? They’re 1-0 up FFS.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
You watch Germany and they have Wirtz and Musiala, virtually the exact same player twice in their team. They play in a way to suit both and they’ve looked fantastic going forward. It’s absolutely inexcusable not to play in a way that suits Foden, Bellingham, Saka and dare I say it even Palmer after the season he’s had all to play together! We should be strolling to the semi’s of this tournament in second gear at the bare minimum and the buck lies firmly with the manager. He’s pathetic, he’s a coward and he’s wasting all of this talent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s only 1-0 but Spain are so entertaining.
Totally. It would have been tongue in cheek, but I muffed it anyway.

Yamal looks very similar to how Fati looked at the same age. Hope he has better luck with injuries and physical development.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Cucurella has been decent I’ve got to say
It was the Chelsea effect that made him bad. That and managers thinking he could play LCB just because he did it well for us for a few games with Dunk shouting commands to him for the full 90.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here