Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - FINAL!!! Spain vs England

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm conflicted whether to watch this down the pub, surrounded by total amateurs, big queues at the bar and even bigger queues at toilets while people shove gack up their nose, or to enjoy from the comfort of my home in UHD with a selection of cold beverages and no dickheads.

I feel I should be going to the pub - but lets be honest, it's a bit shit for big England games. Or am I just getting old?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm conflicted whether to watch this down the pub, surrounded by total amateurs, big queues at the bar and even bigger queues at toilets while people shove gack up their nose, or to enjoy from the comfort of my home in UHD with a selection of cold beverages and no dickheads.

I feel I should be going to the pub - but lets be honest, it's a bit shit for big England games. Or am I just getting old?

Having the same debate, avoided pubs for the recent final and semi final but may say f*** it this year and mince into town to try and find a pub not full of absolute helmets.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've always assumed that literally no one watches ITV when they're both showing it. Are you okay?
In 2021 the final was watched - at its peak by 25m on BBC and 6m on ITV so 81:79 in the BBC's favour. (but this doesn't include those watching online / in public spaces etc)

Home and Away

Sep 18, 2018
Dunk must feel really shit - not get even a minute. Yeah, being a part of a winning side must be great and you want to be there probably more than at home, but on the other hand he must feel a bit like a waterboy. Contributing, but not by doing what he does best (playing). Are him, Wharton and Gomez the only outfield players that haven't played? Also Dunky's not a spring chicken anymore, where as the other boys can still make it to the future tournaments.

Am I being a Negative Nelly?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

I watched the Swiss game in a local sport pavillion here in the west country,. 3 big screens, one in the back of a horse box ( don't ask)... 2 hundred idiot young farmer types, throwing beer, throwing up, throwing coke up nostrils .. it was a nightmare..... I think home for Sundays game, food, beer, wine, good company....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dunk must feel really shit - not get even a minute. Yeah, being a part of a winning side must be great and you want to be there probably more than at home, but on the other hand he must feel a bit like a waterboy. Contributing, but not by doing what he does best (playing). Are him, Wharton and Gomez the only outfield players that haven't played? Also Dunky's not a spring chicken anymore, where as the other boys can still make it to the future tournaments.

Yes , I bet he’s had the 3 weeks of his life

Front row seats on this journey .

Money can’t buy that

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I've always assumed that literally no one watches ITV when they're both showing it. Are you okay?
I’m fed up with Lineker and Richards. Might switch over to BBC at kick off.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Watched 10 man Colombia hold off Uruguay; a great performance. Very happy for them.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
easy 3 points lads. No excuses.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Has Anthony Gordon played? If so, not much.

With the squad size as it is there are two players (or more) for every position. Dunk is Stones’ back up.

Even with the most seagully of blue & white specs on I’m not claiming Dunk as better than Stones. No need to lose sleep over it and we’ll get a fit Dunky back here,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here