Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Europe!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There seems a paranoia about his Financial Transaction Tax being put in place and its aims to cripple Britain. The city of London and its institutions was instrumental in the state we and Europe are in now. Of course new legislation needs to be implemented and I wish we were there helping to write it.
Cameron is aiming to protect the very people who are responsible for the mess we are in........ ie the city and the bankers........ so no change there then from a tory government.

Despite their previous failings it would seem reasonable that the UK Prime Minister try a protect the UKs biggest industry would you not agree ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There seems a paranoia about his Financial Transaction Tax being put in place and its aims to cripple Britain. The city of London and its institutions was instrumental in the state we and Europe are in now. Of course new legislation needs to be implemented and I wish we were there helping to write it.
Cameron is aiming to protect the very people who are responsible for the mess we are in........ ie the city and the bankers........ so no change there then from a tory government.
But isn't that part of what CMD was trying to do? This transaction tax was going to be be imposed on our most lucrative industry. I know it needs new regulations but that is absurd. How about we impose a "shit car tax" of 30% so that Renault and Peugeot get clobbered every time another one of their crap plastic runabouts breaks within two years?

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The most amazing thing of the last day or so is Clegg and his acceptance of Cameron and his cronies stance on all this.
Jesus what a turncoat this man has turned out to be. He has backtracked on all the fundamental principals that the Liberals put forward in their manifesto.
I`m still cringing at his tuition fees argument.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I dont think there is paranoia about the Finacial Transaction Tax, paranoia is simply the wrong word to use. Concern is the more definative.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The most amazing thing of the last day or so is Clegg and his acceptance of Cameron and his cronies stance on all this.
Jesus what a turncoat this man has turned out to be. He has backtracked on all the fundamental principals that the Liberals put forward in their manifesto.
I`m still cringing at his tuition fees argument.
Ain't that the truth. For a pro Europe party, they are not exactly defending the.institution with gusto. What a bunch of patsies.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But isn't that part of what CMD was trying to do. This transaction tax was going.to be be imposed on our most lucrative industry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Any legislation that stops a re-occurance in the future Simster of what has happened from 2007/8 is in my opinion warranted. This countries problem is an over reliance
in these industries and a demise in our manufacturing base.
Its madness to think that the French and the Germans would not want to take strong measures after what has happened.
I`d tax the f*** out of the institutions with the FTT and then hit them with a Robin Hood Tax and any other tax I could think up.

I just want to hear a little bit more about the city bonus`s handed out to get me ready for that row at the pub tonight.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Any legislation that stops a re-occurance in the future Simster of what has happened from 2007/8 is in my opinion warranted. This countries problem is an over reliance
Its madness to think that the French and the Germans would not want to take strong measures after what has happened.
I`d tax the f*** out of the institutions with the FTT and then hit them with a Robin Hood Tax and any other tax I could think up.

I just want to hear a little bit more about the city bonus`s handed out to get me ready for that row at the pub tonight.

The eurozone is not f***ed because of Lehmans, its f***ed because Govt's mis-managed their economies and borrowed more than they could afford. What are the "strong measures" that the Germans and French would want to take for those Govt's?

Nothing has changed, the euro is still f***ed. The Germans will still either have to pay up in full or pay up less with other money coming from elsewhere. The FTT is great for the Germans and French as 80% of it would be raised in the UK. Whatever you think of the Torys or Cameron the decision last night was right.........and Clegg knows it too.

So enjoy your night it the pub......chinchin.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The UK is as isolated as somebody who refused to join the Titanic just before it sailed.

Not me but Terry Smith, of the money brokerage firm Tullett Prebon.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It is in the UKs interest that the EU thrives as they are our biggest trade partners. However, as much as we don't want to miss out - we don't want to commit too highly and pay for the mistakes of states such as Greece and Italy. So it's a tricky tightrope, not aided by the fact that we don't have a PM that holds any clout in Europe at all. Brown would have commanded a lot more economic respect and we'd be in a much better position as a result.
Oh you mean the Brown who sold half our gold reserves when they were at their lowest value and cost the UK billions and the same Brown who raided the pension pot! Oh! that Brown....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Typical...our biggest earner and you want to tax it out of existance....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sneak down to the Le Englaise channle - of this good fine evening and i will drill a hole or six into the tunnel's walls-

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The eurozone is not f***ed because of Lehmans, its f***ed because Govt's mis-managed their economies and borrowed more than they could afford. What are the "strong measures" that the Germans and French would want to take for those Govt's?

Nothing has changed, the euro is still f***ed. The Germans will still either have to pay up in full or pay up less with other money coming from elsewhere. The FTT is great for the Germans and French as 80% of it would be raised in the UK. Whatever you think of the Torys or Cameron the decision last night was right.........and Clegg knows it too.

The Sarkozy show, designed to show-up Britain, in a desparate bid to stay re-elected in France next year, only temporarily masks the mega debts of France, Greece, Italy etc, with 95% of Germans unwilling for their country to foot the bill.

A new treaty does little to get their countries budgets balances, and remove the pain their populations will suffer for years in paying back debt.

The BBC & UK media may make Cameron the big news, but in Europe the real story is whether the false Euro currency is doomed, along with their economies, and then the falling of governments starting with Sarkovy's.

All politics, designed to make Sarkovy look tough at home.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just watching some of the reports on the news about this. To me it just looks like another EU power grab. Forgetting the publicised concessions that CMD wanted, why on earth would we want to give the EU control over any of our finance?

Why do people want us to bend over and take it from the French and Germans just so we can have a place at their table? Does anyone actually know what a place at this table entails? We haven't pulled out of anything, so we are still at all the same tables we were at yesterday, just not this one. As far as I can make out it's just so France and Germany can (rightly) protect their wealth and keep an eye on the other countries. The only reason the other countries signed up is because they need France and Germany to stay alive. I bet some of them would love to be in a position to tell Merkel to stick her treaty up her sandy vagina!

This isn't "all for one and one for all" as somebody said earlier. It's dog eat dog, everyone out for themselves. That is what the EU has ultimately become.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I have thoroughly enjoyed my evening in my local and am at this moment toasting our boys in the city who I feel so akin with with a Glenmorangie if you are interested. And Clegg knows it is right ? Clegg now knows what power feels like, don`t expect anything other than more back tracking from the lying hypocritical toady that he has become.

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
At the end of today I am so glad that DC has grown a set of cajones and has well and truly thrown a grenade into the so called union! I am sorry to rant but I didn't vote for these unelected morons that think they can utilise the UK for their cash cow! Big fat balls to them. We refused today to become the unions cash cow and scape goat, well done DC, for once, F'em! We have stood alone before.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
:thumbsup:
At the end of today I am so glad that DC has grown a set of cajones and has well and truly thrown a grenade into the so called union! I am sorry to rant but I didn't vote for these unelected morons that think they can utilise the UK for their cash cow! Big fat balls to them. We refused today to become the unions cash cow and scape goat, well done DC, for once, F'em! We have stood alone before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here