Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And let’s be perfectly honest, if the vaccine had been a cluster **** it would definitely have been the governments fault right?

No one would ever admit it, but some would’ve preferred that to have happened. The pain from this incredible vaccination programme palpable.

Think about that.

Party politics and Remain anger, over lives.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And let’s be perfectly honest, if the vaccine had been a cluster **** it would definitely have been the governments fault right?

Maybe. But in my opinion, if it was going to be ****ed up, it would be Johnson’s government that did it :lolol:

However, it’s been a coordinated and successful effort and I’m very thankful for all involved from the government side, to the NHS, to the public that have literally rolled up their sleeves. It’s worked. And that’s brilliant.
Almost there!
And I’ll leave it at that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The “difficult” thing has been watching people mistakenly lauding the Government as though they’re some sort of tactical mastermind. Let’s face facts, the Government have massively lucked out. The NHS has somehow survived a decade of austerity to be able to cope with three waves and roll out a mass vaccination programme. We’re extremely fortunate the AstraZeneca vaccine has worked (the EU, for example, placed a lot of store in a French vaccine which failed, one of the reasons they’ve been playing catch-up), had that gone wrong (and there are no guarantees with any new vaccine) we’d be no better off than ( or probably worse off than) the EU. The UK government has an abysmal record on COVID and has been bailed out of their own colossal failures by scientists and the NHS.

I applaud the success of the vaccination programme and applaud those truly responsible - scientists (including at Oxford) and our NHS. In other words, a group the Government you laud are currently removing funding from hand over fist and an institution the Tori’s have been trying to destroy since 1950.

I apologise if this post has been difficult for you, but facts matter, and apply as much to this post as to the earlier scaremongering about the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Your post kinda proves my point. There's plenty to condem where the Gov got it wrong but when they do get it right giving them absolutely no credit just shows how blinkered and partisan you are.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Your post kinda proves my point. There's plenty to condem where the Gov got it wrong but when they do get it right giving them absolutely no credit just shows how blinkered and partisan you are.

as they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day....

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Shouldn't you be off searching for any old scare story to help undermine confidence in the Astra Zeneca vaccine Mr Nob?

can I just remind you that you were a prominent cheerleader in EU citizens not getting vaccines, so please spare me the holier than thou act

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This was not luck. The only lamenting I’ve come across over its success and the EU’s failure, has been on NSC. People trapped in their eternal Brexit melancholy.

If the only place you've come across people "lamenting" the EU failure is on here then you need to start getting out of your echo chamber, if all you're seeing is triumphalism then it's incredibly short-sighted.

And it was luck. The Government did not know the AstraZeneca vaccine would work as well as it has, and if it hadn't where would we be now? Not here.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
can I just remind you that you were a prominent cheerleader in EU citizens not getting vaccines, so please spare me the holier than thou act

Can I point out to you, being a cheerleader for the EU ****ing up is a tad different to you re triumphantly posting scaremongering stories about a vaccine many of us, our family and friends have had , trust me your lower than the pond life feeding off the basement level or a cesspit!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interestingly Canada also raised concerns about the blood clot issue last weekend and suspended vaccination, and yet barely a peep compared to when Germany did it. But I'm sure it's not just people still furious with the idea of anything European...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Interestingly Canada also raised concerns about the blood clot issue last weekend and suspended vaccination, and yet barely a peep compared to when Germany did it. But I'm sure it's not just people still furious with the idea of anything European...

Well that’s because our resident shit stirrer didn’t link it! Your the first one here to even mention it [emoji2357]

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The “difficult” thing has been watching people mistakenly lauding the Government as though they’re some sort of tactical mastermind. Let’s face facts, the Government have massively lucked out. The NHS has somehow survived a decade of austerity to be able to cope with three waves and roll out a mass vaccination programme. We’re extremely fortunate the AstraZeneca vaccine has worked (the EU, for example, placed a lot of store in a French vaccine which failed, one of the reasons they’ve been playing catch-up), had that gone wrong (and there are no guarantees with any new vaccine) we’d be no better off than ( or probably worse off than) the EU. The UK government has an abysmal record on COVID and has been bailed out of their own colossal failures by scientists and the NHS.

I applaud the success of the vaccination programme and applaud those truly responsible - scientists (including at Oxford) and our NHS. In other words, a group the Government you laud are currently removing funding from hand over fist and an institution the Tori’s have been trying to destroy since 1950.

I apologise if this post has been difficult for you, but facts matter, and apply as much to this post as to the earlier scaremongering about the AstraZeneca vaccine.

It wasn't luck - and you're correct facts do matter and you've got the important ones wrong.

As others have said the Govt. invested hugely (and pretty much backed every horse by ordering vaccines from a variety of sources ) and Kate Bingham and her team deserve immense credit.

The Govt. has plenty to be blamed for regarding COVID and I'd rather still be in the EU - but please take your blinkers off and admit:

The UK Govt got this very right
The EU got this very wrong.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I'm more than happy to agree with your second point, and indeed have said so previously. However the triumphalism over this point is distinctly unpleasant and short-sighted by those doing it.

As to the UK Government getting it right, such a claim devalues the work done by the NHS and the scientists, off whose work the Government is patting itself on the back while simultaneously denying them a meaningful pay rise and cutting their funding respectively. I will give them credit for backing the right horse, but not much more than that.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
It wasn't luck - and you're correct facts do matter and you've got the important ones wrong.

As others have said the Govt. invested hugely (and pretty much backed every horse by ordering vaccines from a variety of sources ) and Kate Bingham and her team deserve immense credit.

The Govt. has plenty to be blamed for regarding COVID and I'd rather still be in the EU - but please take your blinkers off and admit:

To use a football analogy, if there was a player who was useless all season but scored a worldy you'd assess his worth mostly on the worldy and demand he gets a bumper contract on the back of it?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
To use a football analogy, if there was a player who was useless all season but scored a worldy you'd assess his worth mostly on the worldy and demand he gets a bumper contract on the back of it?

I’d love to know what you know about football [emoji2357] That’s probably only the third time you’ve used that word in the 10 minutes you’ve been part of this forum....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Not at all - should be assessed over the whole match - where they have been poor, but to continue your football analogy:

The useless player score a worldy - yet the player's critics still criticise the wordly - saying it was lucky.

Meanwhile the opposition, who have done OK so far, score 4 own goals in the last 10 minutes, yet their fans still say they can do no wrong.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here