EU and AstraZeneca

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
9 deaths in Germany from blood clots, now banned for under 60's

[tweet]1376982574275383296[/tweet]

You just want this to come tumbling down don’t you you treacherous & equally heinous individual, why don’t you crawl back under the lump of dung that you came from, a lot of of people have had the AZ jab and don’t need to hear from the likes of you with your shitty news , go away !!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You just want this to come tumbling down don’t you you treacherous & equally heinous individual, why don’t you crawl back under the lump of dung that you came from, a lot of of people have had the AZ jab and don’t need to hear from the likes of you with your shitty news , go away !!

Play nice, you know the rules Chicken. He is merely delivering news nothing else

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Play nice, you know the rules Chicken. He is merely delivering news nothing else

Absolute bobbins, a good many people on here have had the AZ, he knows what he’s doing, he was questioning someone else as to wether they thought the AZ was safe!!!!!!

Absolutely shocking and he should be penalised.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Absolute bobbins, a good many people on here have had the AZ, he knows what he’s doing, he was questioning someone else as to wether they thought the AZ was safe!!!!!!

Surprised the Mods are tolerant of anti vaxers [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

At the end of the day Germany will priortise their AZ supply to the over 60's for now, they are so far behind probably not that many under 55's vaccinated there at this point anyway.

The German's are pretty conservative, it may be after a review they reinstate it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
At the end of the day Germany will priortise their AZ supply to the over 60's for now, they are so far behind probably not that many under 55's vaccinated there at this point anyway.

The German's are pretty conservative, it may be after a review they reinstate it.

None of which makes his bullshit post credible on this board, the guy is a shit stirring charlatan who like a snake seems to have slithered off, **** him, right now I’m that angry I’d love to meet him face to face to discuss this!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
None of which makes his bullshit post credible on this board, the guy is a shit stirring charlatan who like a snake seems to have slithered off, **** him, right now I’m that angry I’d love to meet him face to face to discuss this!

Daft twitter conspiracies -ckeck
Anti vaxxer - check
Nob(Mc) - check

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I also am concerned about causing additional worry to all those who have been vaccinated with the AZ vaccine.

It is worth stressing that the number of cases are miniscule, and within a week or 2 of vaccination - if anyone has had the AZ vaccine over 2 weeks ago then they are past even the time frame for this scaremongering.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I agree with all of the above. As someone under 60 who has had the AstraZeneca vaccine over 2 weeks ago the only thing I'm worrying about is the way the Windows startup music plays every time I wake up. I blame Bill Gates.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Unfortunately, there are a few people on this board who seem addicted to wallowing in negativity and pushing anti-UK propaganda across many issues. The UK vaccine success story has been particularly difficult for them ... obviously, anything that could potentially undermine this positive story is gleefully seized on. As he continually runs away when asked a harmless question about which team he supports I would say it's pretty unlikely he would have the balls to discuss anything face to face ...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Unfortunately, there are a few people on this board who seem addicted to wallowing in negativity and pushing anti-UK propaganda across many issues. The UK vaccine success story has been particularly difficult for them ... obviously, anything that could potentially undermine this positive story is gleefully seized on. As he continually runs away when asked a harmless question about which team he supports I would say it's pretty unlikely he would have the balls to discuss anything face to face ...

I’m genuinely that angry about him promoting that story I would love to face to face him, he’s a ****ing heinous coward.

Many people on this board, my family and friends and me have had that vaccine and for him to come on here and deliberately re post that tweet is snide.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The UK vaccine success story has been particularly difficult for them ...

The “difficult” thing has been watching people mistakenly lauding the Government as though they’re some sort of tactical mastermind. Let’s face facts, the Government have massively lucked out. The NHS has somehow survived a decade of austerity to be able to cope with three waves and roll out a mass vaccination programme. We’re extremely fortunate the AstraZeneca vaccine has worked (the EU, for example, placed a lot of store in a French vaccine which failed, one of the reasons they’ve been playing catch-up), had that gone wrong (and there are no guarantees with any new vaccine) we’d be no better off than ( or probably worse off than) the EU. The UK government has an abysmal record on COVID and has been bailed out of their own colossal failures by scientists and the NHS.

I applaud the success of the vaccination programme and applaud those truly responsible - scientists (including at Oxford) and our NHS. In other words, a group the Government you laud are currently removing funding from hand over fist and an institution the Tori’s have been trying to destroy since 1950.

I apologise if this post has been difficult for you, but facts matter, and apply as much to this post as to the earlier scaremongering about the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The story about Germany and AZ is rather big news, being covered by all media outlets, and relevant to the thread.
It’s interesting how angry some posters have got about it. One even wants to beat the poster up!
Why would anyone get so het up about it? It’s almost like anything they perceive to be contrary to what our great sovereign nation believes, is some kind of treason that needs a punching down. And anyone who flags it up needs punching!
The anger of some of the right wingers on here is genuinely rather disturbing. Boris and Mogg have really got them whipped into a frenzy. You can make confused, angry people bend to your will very easily.
Utter madness.

Edit; for the record, I fully believe AZ is fine. It’s the one I’ve had. But please, do we really need to be getting so furious?

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The story about Germany and AZ is rather big news, being covered by all media outlets, and relevant to the thread.
It’s interesting how angry some posters have got about it. One even wants to beat the poster up!
Why would anyone get so het up about it? It’s almost like anything they perceive to be contrary to what our great sovereign nation believes, is some kind of treason that needs a punching down. And anyone who flags it up needs punching!
The anger of some of the right wingers on here is genuinely rather disturbing. Boris and Mogg have really got them whipped into a frenzy. You can make confused, angry people bend to your will very easily.
Utter madness.

I’ll spell it out to you, the poster is an anti vaxer, in other conversations he’s asked other people wether they are sure AZ is safe, many people on this board have had this vaccine, their families and friends and he’s comes on today to trumpet the deaths of people in Germany due to side effects of this drug, he’s a heinous coward.

His only response is to suggest he’s fishing.

Oh and you’re the only one surprise surprise who’s made an effort to defend him, now there’s a surprise.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ll spell it out to you, the poster is an anti vaxer, in other conversations he’s asked other people wether they are sure AZ is safe, many people on this board have had this vaccine, their families and friends and he’s comes on today to trumpet the deaths of people in Germany due to side effects of this drug, he’s a heinous coward.

His only response is to suggest he’s fishing.

Okay. Just let him get on with it, not worth getting angry about. The success of the vaccination program does not rest on a post, buried on a sub-forum of a football board.
AZ is fine, it’s working, and nothing here will change that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The “difficult” thing has been watching people mistakenly lauding the Government as though they’re some sort of tactical mastermind. Let’s face facts, the Government have massively lucked out. The NHS has somehow survived a decade of austerity to be able to cope with three waves and roll out a mass vaccination programme. We’re extremely fortunate the AstraZeneca vaccine has worked (the EU, for example, placed a lot of store in a French vaccine which failed, one of the reasons they’ve been playing catch-up), had that gone wrong (and there are no guarantees with any new vaccine) we’d be no better off than ( or probably worse off than) the EU. The UK government has an abysmal record on COVID and has been bailed out of their own colossal failures by scientists and the NHS.

I applaud the success of the vaccination programme and applaud those truly responsible - scientists (including at Oxford) and our NHS. In other words, a group the Government you laud are currently removing funding from hand over fist and an institution the Tori’s have been trying to destroy since 1950.

I apologise if this post has been difficult for you, but facts matter, and apply as much to this post as to the earlier scaremongering about the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Credit where credit’s due.

Entrepreneur Kate Bingham was appointed very early on by the government, to mastermind the entire vaccines strategy, procurement and finally administering of the vaccines. Nothing was left to chance, the planning from Bingham downwards was immense, storage and vaccination centres didn’t just pop up in January, everything was planned in 2020.

With Israel, the UK was ahead of the game and undoubtedly this has saved countless lives.

Even writers for the Guardian and Independent have heaped praise on the entire programme, contrasting to the slowness of action and bureaucracy in other countries.

This was not luck. The only lamenting I’ve come across over its success and the EU’s failure, has been on NSC. People trapped in their eternal Brexit melancholy.

Credit to the European Medicines Agency and some European leaders who wanted a nimbler approach, but huge gaffs from the likes of Macron and Von der Leyen have had a devastating effect, including encouraging vaccine hesitancy. According to correspondents based in Europe, Von der Leyen is now ostracised by much of the Brussels political community.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Credit where credit’s due.

Entrepreneur Kate Bingham was appointed very early on by the government, to mastermind the entire vaccines strategy, procurement and finally administering of the vaccines. Nothing was left to chance, the planning from Bingham downwards was immense, storage and vaccination centres didn’t just pop up in January, everything was planned in 2020.

With Israel, the UK was ahead of the game and undoubtedly this has saved countless lives.

Even writers for the Guardian and Independent have heaped praise on the entire programme, contrasting to the slowness of action and bureaucracy in other countries.

This was not luck. The only lamenting I’ve come across over its success and the EU’s failure, has been on NSC. People trapped in their eternal Brexit melancholy.

Credit to the European Medicines Agency and some European leaders who wanted a nimbler approach, but huge gaffs from the likes of Macron and Von der Leyen have had a devastating effect, including encouraging vaccine hesitancy. According to correspondents based in Europe, Von der Leyen is now ostracised by much of the Brussels political community.

And let’s be perfectly honest, if the vaccine had been a cluster **** it would definitely have been the governments fault right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here