Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Unused vaccines? If it wasn't so real I'd laugh. In Spain there are 17 different semi-autonomous depts. and they all have their own health service and protocols, ultimately led by what Madrid distributes. In my case, Andalucia, represents 10% of the Spanish population (4 million) but they have been getting less than their real share of vaccines. Madrid meanwhile have been hoarding O-AZ parroting the French line of it being unsafe. From today they have decided that it is now safe enough to vaccinate persons up to the age of 65. Us who are older than that therefore wait in hope of something.

An 84 year old friend received her first shot last week, likewise our Spanish birder friends 96 year parents received their first - but only after he pestered the authorities. Meanwhile police, guardia, town hall staff, certain catholic bishops, politicians have jumped the queue (source El Pais, Sur).

So basically if there are any spare they are going into the arms who claim to be more important then anyone else.

so you are 100% satisfied the vaccine is safe?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Unused vaccines? If it wasn't so real I'd laugh. In Spain there are 17 different semi-autonomous depts. and they all have their own health service and protocols, ultimately led by what Madrid distributes. In my case, Andalucia, represents 10% of the Spanish population (4 million) but they have been getting less than their real share of vaccines. Madrid meanwhile have been hoarding O-AZ parroting the French line of it being unsafe. From today they have decided that it is now safe enough to vaccinate persons up to the age of 65. Us who are older than that therefore wait in hope of something.

An 84 year old friend received her first shot last week, likewise our Spanish birder friends 96 year parents received their first - but only after he pestered the authorities. Meanwhile police, guardia, town hall staff, certain catholic bishops, politicians have jumped the queue (source El Pais, Sur).

So basically if there are any spare they are going into the arms who claim to be more important then anyone else.

It's the same in Southern Italy.

My friends parents (both over 90) have STILL not received their jabs - they were supposed to have them last week but it was postponed....

But Majors, Council workers amongst others have....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't know about "spare" vaccines, but in France they are vaccinating as the producers recommended, i.e. a second shot 3 weeks after the first, so once a patient has a first shot, another shot is reserved for them and not used on anyone else. I think the change from the recommended spacing of 3 weeks to 3 months is a major reason that we have far more people vaccinated, albeit at a lower level of protection.
If they are using the AZ vaccine like that, then they are doing it wrong. AZ want a 12 week interval.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't know about "spare" vaccines, but in France they are vaccinating as the producers recommended, i.e. a second shot 3 weeks after the first, so once a patient has a first shot, another shot is reserved for them and not used on anyone else. I think the change from the recommended spacing of 3 weeks to 3 months is a major reason that we have far more people vaccinated, albeit at a lower level of protection.

We only went off label with the Pfizer to be fair. The gamble though seems to have paid off...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If they are using the AZ vaccine like that, then they are doing it wrong. AZ want a 12 week interval.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

The original trial data on which the AZ vaccine was approved mostly used a gap of 4 weeks, and that was their recommendation, however they also had data for single doses and longer interval doses and were quick to state that a 12 week delay would still be beneficial, after the government said that is how they would do it. They also had some data to show that the highest protection would be achieved with a half dose first and a full dose 4 weeks later. More data exists now and it looks as though a 12 week gap is more beneficial than a 4 week gap, but that was not the recommendation at the time it was approved.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We only went off label with the Pfizer to be fair. The gamble though seems to have paid off...

Pfizer did not have any data to support a 12 week delay, Astra Zeneca did, but the bulk of their data was for a 4 week spacing and was the regimen they recommended.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
so you are 100% satisfied the vaccine is safe?

I am 100% satisfied that it is safer than being un-vaccinated, and that is enough, however, I am also 100% satisfied that any severe side effects are vanishingly rare.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Too generous, bloody EUSSR

Capture.PNG

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Too generous, bloody EUSSR

View attachment 135418

The EU has not donated /exported any vaccine, the private enterprises that operate within the realms of the EU have, that is of course when the Reich are not storming private property and confiscating goods that have already been paid for by other parties.
Just a small reminder for you poor,delusional souls, the EU has no money,it has no property to donate,it leaches off of the nations within its grip..But you knew this...didn’t you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The EU has not donated /exported any vaccine, the private enterprises that operate within the realms of the EU have, that is of course when the Reich are not storming private property and confiscating goods that have already been paid for by other parties.
Just a small reminder for you poor,delusional souls, the EU has no money,it has no property to donate,it leaches off of the nations within its grip..But you knew this...didn’t you?

Ursula feeds him his lines meanwhile hundreds of thousands across Europe suffer ....:nono:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

So far, other than blocking one small shipment from Italy to Australia, national governments and the EU have correctly not stepped in the way of contracts made between private enterprises and buying governments.

It’s a more complex picture than a straight forward final vaccine numbers count, with vital components within vaccines ‘flowing’ freely between the UK and EU and vice versa.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just so proud that the 17.4 million of us are quite literally saving lives.[emoji1303][emoji636]

And own the 150k dead and circa 500k long covid victims, they can have both

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
9 deaths in Germany from blood clots, now banned for under 60's

[tweet]1376982574275383296[/tweet]

Jan 30, 2008
So far, other than blocking one small shipment from Italy to Australia, national governments and the EU have correctly not stepped in the way of contracts made between private enterprises and buying governments.

It’s a more complex picture than a straight forward final vaccine numbers count, with vital components within vaccines ‘flowing’ freely between the UK and EU and vice versa.

the EU have been caught with their pants down an absolute shambles WITH ANOTHER LOCKDOWN, running around like headless chickens at best
regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
9 deaths in Germany from blood clots, now banned for under 60's

[tweet]1376982574275383296[/tweet]

The stuff that goes on under EU rules

Countries ordering hundred of millions of vaccines doses for themselves
Countries making their own decisions who they vax when the have safety concerns
Countries stopping vaccine exports if they choose to
Countries allowing exports of vaccines