Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Questions....

Have EU blocked any vaccine exports to UK yet?

Has UK exported any vaccine to the EU?

Are India still planning to block vaccine exports to the UK?

What about the US, any plans to export any vaccines to the UK in the near term?

Is it correct the EU have been supplying Canada and Mexico with Pfzier because the US won't give them any?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
ExEd2EkW8AAMl1L.jpeg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Questions....

EU are looking to block exports of vaccine or materials from a factory in Netherlands, which is not licenced to provide those materials within EU. its not happened yet but really it should even be up for discussion.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Questions....

Is it correct the EU have been supplying Canada and Mexico with Pfzier because the US won't give them any?

The EU don't supply any vaccines but they are trying to block vaccine exports to the UK.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
AZ only got the deal to use the Oxford research on the condition they gave UK doses to the UK first. Without that another company would have got the partnership with Oxford University not AZ.

The fact AZ have struggled with the EU order shouldn't impact this fundamental building block of the AZ vaccine production situation.

The EU is flailing around on this one trying to divert blame from those now in charge. Bring back Juncker.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
AZ only got the deal to use the Oxford research on the condition they gave UK doses to the UK first. Without that another company would have got the partnership with Oxford University not AZ.

The fact AZ have struggled with the EU order shouldn't impact this fundamental building block of the AZ vaccine production situation.

The EU is flailing around on this one trying to divert blame from those now in charge. Bring back Juncker.

Respect to you for not trying to defend the indefensible, I get the feeling some of the muppets on here would still be team EU even if their family and friends missed out on getting a jab as a direct result
of the EU^s actions.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1373915279172964353[/tweet]

Hardly a word about India in the UK press who have actually imposed an export ban on vaccine (10m doses short in the next 4 weeks).

And don't even mention the USA

Meanwhile EU countries have exported 31m + doses.

As for us, well we all know we've had enough of exports...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Questions....

Please, please listen...you sound like a 10 year old sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming 'but what about him, what about them....'

I would rather still be in the EU - but their actions and behaviour are now indefensible.

I'm not going to repeat the (too long to list) number of mistakes the EU and various EU leaders has made in their vaccine rollout - it's old ground.

Remember they have 17 million unused AZ Vaccines - but due to the words and actions of Macron / Merkel etc. their people won't take it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Please, please listen...you sound like a 10 year old sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming 'but what about him, what about them....'

I would rather still be in the EU - but their actions and behaviour are now indefensible.

I'm not going to repeat the (too long to list) number of mistakes the EU and various EU leaders has made in their vaccine rollout - it's old ground.

Remember they have 17 million unused AZ Vaccines - but due to the words and actions of Macron / Merkel etc. their people won't take it.

No need to be get personal

Macron is a bit of a tool, I'm not a fan. But France is a sovereign state and they can make their own decisions as can other EU nations. Vaccinations in some countries were halted for a few days last week, the EMA always said any risk was outweighed by the huge benefits. They did a further safety check and worked with the MRA, nothing changed

If there are unused vaccines in Europe I don't expect this situation to last long

As for exports from EU countries, only Italy has stopped a shipment (to a zero covid nation called Australia).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No need to be get personal

Macron is a bit of a tool, I'm not a fan. But France is a sovereign state and they can make their own decisions as can other EU nations. Vaccinations in some countries were halted for a few days last week, the EMA always said any risk was outweighed by the huge benefits. They did a further safety check and worked with the MRA, nothing changed

If there are unused vaccines in Europe I don't expect this situation to last long

As for exports from EU countries, only Italy has stopped a shipment (to a zero covid nation called Australia).

Wasn't meant to be personal - apologies if you took it that way - it just appears that you see the EU as an organisation which can do no wrong - which is a long, long way from being the case.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hardly a word about India in the UK press who have actually imposed an export ban on vaccine (10m doses short in the next 4 weeks).

And don't even mention the USA

Meanwhile EU countries have exported 31m + doses.

As for us, well we all know we've had enough of exports...

remember the EU started this issue. they are the ones suggesting they might impose a ban. its european nations that first said AZ jab wasnt good enough for over 65 so wouldnt use it, then suggested it wasnt good enough for other groups. its europeans who complained they didnt have deliveries of AZ, while both AZ and Pfizer production were stopped for upgrades. its europeans that stopped using AZ due to spurious links to clots, while not doing same for Pfizer. none of this news came from the UK side, its coming from elsewhere to distract from other problems.

also worth noting the Pfizer jab is dependent on materials from UK, no suggestion there is any restriction on their export. the Indian imports were basically bonus deliveries not in the original planning hence we've got quite a lot further in rollout, so that the drop in supply wont impact target. US exports are complicated due to not being approved and their regulations prohibit export of unlicensed pharmaceuticals. we'll see how that plays out now AZ released trial data for in US.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wasn't meant to be personal - apologies if you took it that way - it just appears that you see the EU as an organisation which can do no wrong - which is a long, long way from being the case.

As I've said in other posts I think the EU have been naive and poor decisions have been made.

They aren't perfect and never have been, but look at our government right now we're had a year of serial incompetence. We've been in lockdown for 3 months, they put us in one huge hole.

Imagine if the negligence of the EU lead to a mutant variant of CV19 that was spreading through the UK right now? How would our rabid tabloid press be responding?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Respect to you for not trying to defend the indefensible, I get the feeling some of the muppets on here would still be team EU even if their family and friends missed out on getting a jab as a direct result
of the EU^s actions.
Well for quite a while I have come to the conclusion that it is better to be out of the EU political structure but remain inside the single market having a say in shaping future EEA rules at the EFTA+EU proposal planning meetings.

I will be fuming if EU mistake-covering leads to UK citizens having to mix and match 1st and 2nd doses.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As I've said in other posts I think the EU have been naive and poor decisions have been made.

They aren't perfect and never have been, but look at our government right now we're had a year of serial incompetence. We've been in lockdown for 3 months, they put us in one huge hole.

Imagine if the negligence of the EU lead to a mutant variant of CV19 that was spreading through the UK right now? How would our rabid tabloid press be responding?

Once again you attempt to change tack - we all know that the Govt. have made HUGE mistakes in the past 12 months - but this thread is about the EU and the AZ vaccine.

I thought the below was interesting....

UK 'does not receive any AstraZeneca vaccines from EU'

During a briefing, executive vice president at AstraZeneca, Ruud Dobber, said the UK did not receive any of its AstraZeneca vaccines or components from the EU.

Fellow executive vice president Mene Pangalos then clarified that one "tiny" batch which "hasn't been approved yet" had been sent to the UK from Halix, a plant in the Netherlands that has an agreement with AstraZeneca to manufacture the vaccine.

Imported batches of vaccine have to be tested on arrival.

Halix was one of the University of Oxford's original partners for manufacturing the vaccine, Reuters reported.

The UK is mostly self-sufficient when it comes to the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine - and has ordered 100 million doses of the jab.

The EU is mainly being supplied with the AZ vaccine by the US and by a site in Belgium, the company confirmed.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
remember the EU started this issue. they are the ones suggesting they might impose a ban. its european nations that first said AZ jab wasnt good enough for over 65 so wouldnt use it, then suggested it wasnt good enough for other groups. its europeans who complained they didnt have deliveries of AZ, while both AZ and Pfizer production were stopped for upgrades. its europeans that stopped using AZ due to spurious links to clots, while not doing same for Pfizer. none of this news came from the UK side, its coming from elsewhere to distract from other problems.

also worth noting the Pfizer jab is dependent on materials from UK, no suggestion there is any restriction on their export. the Indian imports were basically bonus deliveries not in the original planning hence we've got quite a lot further in rollout, so that the drop in supply wont impact target. US exports are complicated due to not being approved and their regulations prohibit export of unlicensed pharmaceuticals. we'll see how that plays out now AZ released trial data for in US.

You accused Nicko of acting like a 10 year old now you say "well they started it..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here