Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Amusing how the EU bots keep trying to divert this thread topic, I wonder why ....

EU may trigger little-used emergency clause to block export of Pfizer vaccines

The president of the European Commission has threatened to use a seldom-used treaty clause to block supplies of Pfizer coronavirus vaccines to Britain unless the UK sends British-manufactured AstraZeneca vaccines to the EU.

Ursula von der Leyen raised the prospect of triggering the emergency Article 122, which would allow the EU to seize factories, waive intellectual property rights and patents and impose export bans on jabs.

"All options are on the table. We are in the crisis of the century and I'm not ruling out anything for now. We have to make sure Europeans are vaccinated as soon as possible," Mrs von der Leyen said.

She said Britain was "country number one" benefiting from EU vaccine exports, adding: "This is about making sure that Europe gets a fair share."

Downing Street urged the EU to "stand by its commitment" not to restrict exports of vaccines, made after an export ban was threatened at the height of the bloc's row with AstraZeneca in January.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ttle-used-emergency-article-122-clause-force/

Unbelievable, they're not even using vaccine supplies already stockpiled because of unfounded scares about one vaccine!

VDL is having a mare...
I’ve revised my prediction...the Bloc will fall within 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A mixed picture across the continent.

Interesting radio interviews today on LBC and R5 with correspondents for the FT based in European capitals and local newspaper journalists.

Unsurprisingly, Finns and Germans are compliant, it’s well organised and people just get on with it.

Meanwhile, absolute chaos in Italy. Just one one third of the elderly have been contacted about a jab.

So they now enter another strict lockdown.

236E7D8E-5BBD-4061-9670-1031FE4C2A35.png

8D26CE24-E2C2-44F6-8619-A58C46882F88.png

B0F1B927-50DB-40D2-98F0-E551110BFF7D.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Italy is one of the most disorganised countries I have ever worked in. It doesn't surprise me that they are struggling.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think old Nick needs to give his head a wobble [emoji2356]

When the roll out is going well it’s down to the NHS, when it isn’t its down to Government, right oh.

It’s the old Scottish tennis player syndrome [emoji23][emoji23]

Trying to defend and deflect from the EU's woeful vaccine performance (undoubtedly costing lives) while still rubbishing the UK at every opportunity combined with recent prejudiced comments about poor African countries far away and 'Japs' .... nicko's certainly shown his true colours :nono:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trying to defend and deflect from the EU's woeful vaccine performance (undoubtedly costing lives) while still rubbishing the UK at every opportunity combined with recent prejudiced comments about poor African countries far away and 'Japs' .... nicko's certainly shown his true colours :nono:

Big difference between me calling out the inept UK government and you voting on decisions that undermine the very integrity of the UK

But do carry on

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The EU has really blundered their handling of the AZ vaccine.

Bring back Juncker !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here