Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There's no scepticism, just paperwork that means it's more difficult to roll out in care homes there. I have relatives living over there and they and I have French friends if you're wondering the source.
I seem to remember seeing some polling showing France having high levels of vaccine scepticism, could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think this is a great post. If Remain had been a vote for membership of the EEC it would likely have won by a large margin

If the EEC still existed(it no longer does) there would have never been a referendum on EU membership in 2016, as the EU would never have been created anyway (it would still be the EEC).
But that debate isn't for this thread. Let's try and stay on topic

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I seem to remember seeing some polling showing France having high levels of vaccine scepticism, could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

French resistance

I will say this only once

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It’s easy, the eu have messed up on their vaccine program and are getting a bit petulant. Oh, and some leavers believe this justifies all the lies of the leave campaign

What an utterly stupid post ! Feel free to quote where anyone has justified any lies ?

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From sunny uplands to avoiding no deal catastrophe to finding something the EU screwed up

The bar for defining dividend has fallen alright.....

I know right. Apart from putting in, let’s say, not the brightest, into many cabinet positions because they favoured brexit who have then depressingly presided over a catalogue of errors resulting in the highest deaths per capital in the developed world from this dreadful pandemic. This great country should never be the worst. And of course our European friends deserve better than schadenfreude for what is clearly a huge error

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I know right. Apart from putting in, let’s say, not the brightest, into many cabinet positions because they favoured brexit who have then depressingly presided over a catalogue of errors resulting in the highest deaths per capital in the developed world from this dreadful pandemic. This great country should never be the worst. And of course our European friends deserve better than schadenfreude for what is clearly a huge error
Stop derailing the thread please. This is a cockup by the EU, and yes the UK government has in my opinion done pretty badly in this crisis but the vaccine has been way ahead of the EU.

Why not argue Brexit on the Brexit thread?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stop derailing the thread please. This is a cockup by the EU, and yes the UK government has in my opinion done pretty badly in this crisis but the vaccine has been way ahead of the EU.

Why not argue Brexit on the Brexit thread?

Fair enough, happy not to use the B***** word. The rather sad schadenfreude from the usual suspects is pitiful

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

But we're not the highest. Nothing to celebrate but a fact.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Fair enough, happy not to use the B***** word. The rather sad schadenfreude from the usual suspects is pitiful

Respond by all means. Just don’t drag this thread to Brexit thread levels of debate by using emotive language like ‘liars.’ It is a playground debate that has been done to death elsewhere. ‘They are all liars’, ‘no they’re not, you’re the liar’ and so on ad nauseum. Let’s keep it civil

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But we're not the highest. Nothing the celebrate but a fact.

Fair enough, I was running with large countries. Taking the all the countries in the world, c220, we are 5th worst, behind Gibraltar, San Marino, Belgium and Slovenia. This is so sad, and tremendous we seemed to have nailed the vaccine part

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Respond by all means. Just don’t drag this thread to Brexit thread levels of debate by using emotive language like ‘liars.’ It is a playground debate that has been done to death elsewhere. ‘They are all liars’, ‘no they’re not, you’re the liar’ and so on ad nauseum. Let’s keep it civil

Why bring up again? I’ve already responded on it, no need to raise again

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
There's no scepticism, just paperwork that means it's more difficult to roll out in care homes there. I have relatives living over there and they and I have French friends if you're wondering the source.

Strange that because my brother has lived in France for 15 years, hes told me that the French do not want the vaccine as a lot of people dont trust it......Guess it depends who you talk to in France.
For a child to attend school in France they must have 11 vaccines, so its probably a mix of vacinne tiredness and mistrust.
Heres an article about the distrust of vaccines in France.....https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/18/why-do-so-few-people-in-france-want-to-take-the-covid-19-vaccine

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

D

Deleted member 2719

While obvious bias it does raise relevant questions. When they do eventually have an Inquiry into the whole dealing of covid all parties should be looked at for their part.

Totally agree.
Of course has to be done, but how much will it cost?
How long will it take and how many pages and posts will it make in NSC?
Surely it has to start in the bear pit!

So many questions.:lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fair enough, I was running with large countries. Taking the all the countries in the world, c220, we are 5th worst, behind Gibraltar, San Marino, Belgium and Slovenia. This is so sad, and tremendous we seemed to have nailed the vaccine part

Problem with that is using data that fits your argument as a fact when it has caveats like dismissing the very country that the European Commission is based in. Most political points made are done so with very little due diligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here