Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It’s easy, the eu have messed up on their vaccine program and are getting a bit petulant. Oh, and some leavers believe this justifies all the lies of the leave campaign

this is bear pit stuff and its over, but as you're happy to throw stones from your glass house!

vote to remain and keep the staus quo - was the biggest lie by far.

vote to remain and miss the one and only station to disembark before we steam full ahead towards our final destination, A united states of Europe Autocracy that bypasses the bottom up electorate choosing its legislators. That was the hidden truth. Tony Benn was right.

......and because thats the ugly truth the campaign was based on fear mongering and impending doom and disasters, which all turned out to be a pack of lies.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
this is bear pit stuff and its over, but as you're happy to throw stones from your glass house!

vote to remain and miss the one and only station to disembark before we steam full ahead towards our final destination, A united states of Europe Autocracy that bypasses the bottom up electorate choosing its legislators. Tony Benn was right.

Thats the truth, and its because thats the ugly truth the campaign was based on fear mongering and impending doom and disasters, which all turned out to be a pack of lies.

It’s not the truth, it’s a perception of the truth. But hey, you’re late to the party, I’ve already offered to can my use of the B***** on this thread :salute:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

vote to remain and miss the one and only station to disembark before we steam full ahead towards our final destination, A united states of Europe Autocracy that bypasses the bottom up electorate choosing its legislators. That was the hidden truth. Tony Benn was right.

......and because thats the ugly truth the campaign was based on fear mongering and impending doom and disasters, which all turned out to be a pack of lies.

We left well over a year ago. You got what you wanted. Why on earth do you still feel the need to try and constantly justify what you did ?

You're a winner, move on, let it go:shrug:

And back on topic

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Wise words. One of the Brexit thread remain regulars once told me they were only voting for the "status quo' ... stunning level of naivety but there you go. Back on topic. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Last warning for those using this thread to re-hash the Brexit arguments. Keep going and infractions and loss of access to NSC will follow

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55872763

EU 'fiasco' on N Ireland heaps pressure on Commission
I am not the biggest fan of the EU but take zero pleasure in this. Like many here I have family in more than one member state and I care what happens to them and to their countrymen. Irrespective of the monumental failure of their leaders, the people of the EU deserve better and I hope this will lead to more accountability at the top.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I am not the biggest fan of the EU but take zero pleasure in this. Like many here I have family in more than one member state and I care what happens to them and to their countrymen. Irrespective of the monumental failure of their leaders, the people of the EU deserve better and I hope this will lead to more accountability at the top.

No chance. The authoritarian autocrats have established unaccountable control over several decades. They are as likely to become accountable, or be made to become accountable, as Trump is to concede that he lost the US presidential election.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The problem is that it is a bit late. AstraZeneca have promised extra supplies by the Spring but that means several months more of lockdown and many more deaths. I think I read something about Sanofi facilities being used by other pharmaceutical companies. Should help.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We left well over a year ago. You got what you wanted. Why on earth do you still feel the need to try and constantly justify what you did ?

You're a winner, move on, let it go:shrug:

And back on topic

Not at all trying to justify anything WZ, simple retort and reply to a claim "Oh, and some leavers believe this justifies all the lies of the leave campaign", by simply pointing out the hypocrisy in that statement.

Back on topic.

I truly hope that the EU does get the vaccines it needs urgently, not only for the needs of its citizens who are guilty of nothing, but from a UK perspective, it will massively affect the devastated UK travel industry if it doesnt, plus the economies of so many nations that rely on tourism income.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Congratulations on hitting on the one and only thing he might have got right in recent months.

But Balls of Steel is a gross over statement. Most of the time he hasn’t got the guts to do what is right.

At least he has some of the most productive balls in the UK if reports of how many children he has are to be believed!

Meanwhile, the fallout from the EU Vaccine debacle rumbles on ..

Ursula von de Leyen overruled her top trade advisors with a plan for a new Irish border, The Telegraph has learnt.

The European Commission president was warned she would cause uproar but pressed on regardless as part of what one of her own employees called “an increasingly vindictive” attitude towards the UK government.

Furious Brussels-based diplomats were on Saturday piling pressure on the Commission chief over her disastrous handling of the affair amid suggestions of waning confidence in her abilities.

Her aborted decision to force through a border without even notifying either Ireland or the UK was considered highly damaging for the reputation of the Brussels executive, which had promised over years of Brexit negotiations that this was precisely what it was trying to avoid.

“She needs to go. Now,” one diplomat told the Sunday Telegraph. “She told f------ no-one. After four years of tedious skullduggery over the backstop. Surely the commission could have thought of the optics?”

The Brussels regulator “is quite successfully undermining its own credibility on the rule of law,” the diplomat continued. “Do they really think this will improve their credibility as contract negotiator? It’s not like you couldn’t see this coming…Was there no one to protect her from going here? Everyone has just gone stark raving mad.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-de-leyen-resign-tried-ram-irish-border-plan/

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What a load of rubbish. We planned for this from March and they didn’t. The government should look after our citizens first and then look wider. The Guardian is saying how poor the EU’s response has been.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ow-the-uk-got-ahead-in-the-covid-vaccine-race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Observer today is very critical of the EU about vaccines as well. But the attached article by their Economics Editor Larry Elliott, who supported Brexit before the referendum and still does, also highlights the need to take account of the third world. He actually says Cyril Ramapose (sp?) should have been talking not about vaccine nationalism but vaccine apartheid.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...d-vaccines-healthcare?CMP=Share_iOSApp_OtherO

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not at all trying to justify anything WZ, simple retort and reply to a claim "Oh, and some leavers believe this justifies all the lies of the leave campaign", by simply pointing out the hypocrisy in that statement..

You keep bringing it back to bear pit territory PW, the mods have asked posters not to so I won’t respond to your latest

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Observer today is very critical of the EU about vaccines as well. But the attached article by their Economics Editor Larry Elliott, who supported Brexit before the referendum and still does, also highlights the need to take account of the third world. He actually says Cyril Ramapose (sp?) should have been talking not about vaccine nationalism but vaccine apartheid.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...d-vaccines-healthcare?CMP=Share_iOSApp_OtherO

If you're going to quote the Guardian, as it gets a million links on here a day, at least don't disguise it as The Observer. Call it what it is.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
At least he has some of the most productive balls in the UK if reports of how many children he has are to be believed!

Meanwhile, the fallout from the EU Vaccine debacle rumbles on ..

Ursula von de Leyen overruled her top trade advisors with a plan for a new Irish border, The Telegraph has learnt.

The European Commission president was warned she would cause uproar but pressed on regardless as part of what one of her own employees called “an increasingly vindictive” attitude towards the UK government.

Furious Brussels-based diplomats were on Saturday piling pressure on the Commission chief over her disastrous handling of the affair amid suggestions of waning confidence in her abilities.

Her aborted decision to force through a border without even notifying either Ireland or the UK was considered highly damaging for the reputation of the Brussels executive, which had promised over years of Brexit negotiations that this was precisely what it was trying to avoid.

“She needs to go. Now,” one diplomat told the Sunday Telegraph. “She told f------ no-one. After four years of tedious skullduggery over the backstop. Surely the commission could have thought of the optics?”

The Brussels regulator “is quite successfully undermining its own credibility on the rule of law,” the diplomat continued. “Do they really think this will improve their credibility as contract negotiator? It’s not like you couldn’t see this coming…Was there no one to protect her from going here? Everyone has just gone stark raving mad.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-de-leyen-resign-tried-ram-irish-border-plan/

I wouldn’t necessarily set great store by the Telegraph and what it says. But the Observer (part of the Guardian group) is today very critical.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If you're going to quote the Guardian, as it gets a million links on here a day, at least don't disguise it as The Observer. Call it what it is.

I’m not disguising it at all. The Observer articles on a Sunday are on the Guardian website.

All enlightened lefties together:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here