Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Erik Midtgarden

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Yeah but if our top class strikers are actually in fact average compared to non-english ones then logic follows that the lower league non-english forwards will be better as well.

Face it English players are generally not as good, and overpriced.
Why pay a premium for an average Englishman when you get a better non-englishman for less money?

This has nothing what so ever to do with Prem players.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Im sick and tired of us looking at so many foreigners. I support Brighton and Hove Albion, and Gus is slowly screwing us over. Wait and see - he'll bugger off sometime in the next 2 years to a bigger club, and we'll be left with Yulhioslarv Kishnargjjen and co.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Anyway, let's hope that this chap turns good and bangs 10 past Bognor tonight and 20 past Eastbourne tomorrow :amex: .

Oct 25, 2003
we could sign some liam dickinson-a-like for a small fortune, or a foreign hot shot for free

i'm struggling to work out which one makes more sense.........

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Bad point.

Look at our managerial situation we had.

When we had Dean Wilkins our team was nearly all English and that is the furthest we've finished in the last 3 years.

Why are you objecting so to a TRIAL of a 22 year old who scored an average of a goal every 3 games in the Norwegian 1st Division? Do you not think Gus knows what he is doing?

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Why are you objecting so to a TRIAL of a 22 year old who scored an average of a goal every 3 games in the Norwegian 1st Division? Do you not think Gus knows what he is doing?

I'm not objecting it.

I was just agreeing with another user that we should look at English players more often.

Oct 25, 2003
Bad point.

Look at our managerial situation we had.

When we had Dean Wilkins our team was nearly all English and that is the furthest we've finished in the last 3 years.

but we still FAILED

whack a couple of foreign dynamoes in that team and it would've destroyed league one that year

look, just stop being racist, it's quite offensive

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Scandinavians normally settle pretty well in Blighty don't they.

asterix-and-the-vikings.jpg-tm.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he is a spotty yoof.

he will go down well with the pottymouths in the Singing Section

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I'm not objecting it.

I was just agreeing with another user that we should look at English players more often.

More often? Which implies they haven't. Look at the names bandied about on here for the good English strikers. Kevin Phillips? Having a laugh. One I thought we might actually possibly get was Simeone Jackson- and he went to Norwich, who are a good couple of levels of attractiveness above us. Le Fondre and Pittman are two being mentioned now, and to be honest I think they will be A) overpriced and B) probably reluctant to leave.

There is not a huge range of choice of "proven English strikers" and certainly not a glut of money to bring one in, as many on here still don't seem to realise.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do you think Gus and the team have not been looking at English/English based players?
I'm pretty sure, since Gus' arrival, we have signed Sparrow, Lua-Lua, Greer, Barnes, Painter etc. Hardly a direct snub to local players.

Fair enough, go abroad and pick up some cheap talent - I really don't see the problem.
What is this obsession of having to have English players to play for our team?

Do you feel the same about British Airways or other such diverse organisations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here