Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
With Bissouma our only defensive midfielder and assume once Enock settles is a certainty to play that will be about 5/6 fighting for one other midfield place. Surely Molumby and Sanders will go out on loan

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
With Bissouma our only defensive midfielder and assume once Enock settles is a certainty to play that will be about 5/6 fighting for one other midfield place. Surely Molumby and Sanders will go out on loan

Max Sanders left the club permanently in January.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Sanders has been covered already. My hunch is Molumby will be sold. I think he wants to play more than we can offer him.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What gives you the special insight to know what's realistic here?
Well the original source on the story quoted £22m - I'm no expert but seeing people earlier in the thread 'celebrate' a transfer fee half of that just seems unlikely.

But i guess that's what happens with the constant control over what gets reported about the Albion's business these days.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Well the original source on the story quoted £22m - I'm no expert but seeing people earlier in the thread 'celebrate' a transfer fee half of that just seems unlikely.

But i guess that's what happens with the constant control over what gets reported about the Albion's business these days.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The 'original' source is somebody with less than 100 followers who copied infomation that had been posted on an RB Salzburg forum and had been backed up by a Zambian journalist who had done everthing but confirm he was coming to us "I've got sources in Leicester which helped with Daka, but I also have links in other places, like Brighton... I can confirm Mwepu is going to England."

It's also worth noting that the original source claimed he knew due to having inside info on the Red Bull clubs, but now over half his followers are Brighton fans he's claming he has another Brighton based scoop. Unless we're signing another RB player then he's basically outed himself as a complete bullshitter.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
90MIN article

"Enock Mwepu: Things to know about Brighton's new £22m midfielder"

https://www.90min.com/posts/enock-mwepu-things-to-know

Yep. Re; The £22m - That's written by We Are Brighton's Scott McCarthy.
He says his source for the £22m is that Twitter account - see [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] above - which he hasn't challenged and because WAB prefer to ignore journalists with sources who have knowledge about what the transfer fee might actually be, because they argue - they are being fed info by Paul Barber etc.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The 'original' source is somebody with less than 100 followers who copied infomation that had been posted on an RB Salzburg forum and had been backed up by a Zambian journalist who had done everthing but confirm he was coming to us "I've got sources in Leicester which helped with Daka, but I also have links in other places, like Brighton... I can confirm Mwepu is going to England."

It's also worth noting that the original source claimed he knew due to having inside info on the Red Bull clubs, but now over half his followers are Brighton fans he's claming he has another Brighton based scoop. Unless we're signing another RB player then he's basically outed himself as a complete bullshitter.

Good info. NSCers - You can see for yourself by following the forum here https://forum.wirsansoizburg.at/d/16-enock-mwepu-brighton-hove-albion/509 - the Zambian journalist (https://www.facebook.com/godfreychik/ ) posts his info re: the Brighton move days before the Twitter original "source". Which probably implies that the "£22m transfer fee" and other players on their way is pure guesswork.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
My guess is the number 22 is correct. Maybe just in euros.

So it’s about £17/18 million which might be about right.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
"Enock's 'em in, Enock's em i-i-in, Enock Mwepu, Enock's 'em in"

I'll get me coat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here