Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Looked like shit against Burnley and then in the game when he came on as RWB. Since then just getting better and better and today he was top class in both of the roles he played.

Spot on Swanny. He was absolute tops today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Glad they managed to get the new patch update installed. Hopefully the computer will run with fewer bugs now.

Dec 29, 2011
Looks like he has potential to be a Yaya Toure type player. Rangey, good on the ball and breaks up play in midfield. Probably the one player I'm most excited to see develop at Brighton after today's performance. The sky is the limit for this guy, I think in a few seasons he could be a genuinely world class player, with the same level of importance Kante had for Leicester.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Genuinely looked like a bloke who had won a competition to have a kick about with some proper footballers in that game.

The transformation since then has been remarkable.

It’s great testament to whatever is happening behind the scenes and on the training ground that he has gone from that Leicester performance to bossing Anfield for an afternoon. Think that is the right word - remarkable.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Just finished watching the game in full. I was particularly keen to see Mwepu given the ratings yesterday and the raw performances but potential seen earlier in the season.

I thought he was very good.

So as not to get too carried away, the shape and work rate of the personnel around him yesterday and Liverpool's press and the gaps it creates, helped make him much more effective.

I see some of the same errors of positioning and ball retention that Biss and Propper made early on which is to be expected but theres a lot to work with.

The really interesting trait is his dynamism and running beyond the ball. Others do it from higher up the pitch but his athleticism allows him to do it from deeper which given his height and strength will cause a lot of problems.

Like.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Biss is an irreplaceable, world class talent. He's Brighton's first (at the peak of his powers) £100m footballer and could play in any midfield on the planet. How's that for hyperbole:)

If we can get him to sign a new extended contract you're probably correct (or close).
Currently with about a season and a half remaining on his contract his value is much lower.

At the moment we're making a decent job of showing him that we're a club that looks after him and a place where he can progress under a good coach.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just finished watching the game in full. I was particularly keen to see Mwepu given the ratings yesterday and the raw performances but potential seen earlier in the season.

I thought he was very good.

So as not to get too carried away, the shape and work rate of the personnel around him yesterday and Liverpool's press and the gaps it creates, helped make him much more effective.

I see some of the same errors of positioning and ball retention that Biss and Propper made early on which is to be expected but theres a lot to work with.

The really interesting trait is his dynamism and running beyond the ball. Others do it from higher up the pitch but his athleticism allows him to do it from deeper which given his height and strength will cause a lot of problems.

Like.

I was thinking yesterday that his performance was reminiscent of an early Bissouma. Except his 25 yarder flew into the top corner.

It's very promising. If he keeps improving as rapidly as he has done then by xmas him and Bissouma(depending on how his legal situation plays out) in tandem will be a frightening proposition.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Excited to see Mwepu allows GP to push the Llama further forward. So a spine of Biss - Mwepu and Lallana. Biss sitting deeper, Mwepu breaking forward and Lallana free to roam about wherever he likes. Very powerful combo.

But it does mean less room for paybe Solly, Ali Mac etc

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done Melvs

[tweet]1454803265644806151[/tweet]

Sound on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Enock Mwepu (Signed 06/07/2021)

Well done Melvs

[tweet]1454803265644806151[/tweet]

Sound on.

He needed a ****ing computer to calculate the dip, curl and pace of the ball against the relative positioning of Allison, his reverse momentum and the angle of the sun!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Enock wins the prize for being the first Albion player to have the head of state of his home country congratulate him on a goal for us.

[TWEET]1454814107505463297[/TWEET]

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He needed a ****ing computer to calculate the dip, curl and pace of the ball against the relative positioning of Allison, his reverse momentum and the angle of the sun!

Yeh, although let’s dispel this bollocks that the commentary says about it being lost in the sunshine. The sun was from directly behind the kop, slightly to the right of Allison by the time that goal was scored, which was from the left. I was lucky enough to be right in line behind the shot and the sun was not an issue; it was just a brilliant goal.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think the thing that stood out for me is that he's just scored a brilliant goal and his first thought was to forget about celebrations and wave the rest of the players back to their half so they don't waste any time and get on with the game and chasing an equaliser.

Team first play.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have developed the habit of saying "Computer says no" every time he makes a tackle, block or interception.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has made Garth Crooks' team of the week FWIW.

Crooks reputation as a massive weapon is not reduced though, as he admits he should also have selected Trossard but won't "because I hate false nines"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here