Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not quite sure what you are trying to say here but he did literally say he hate false nines.

“I must also mention Adam Lallana, who was excellent on his Anfield return, along with Leandro Trossard. But I can't bring myself to select Trossard even though he was outstanding - as I hate false number nines.”

I'm saying that he contradicts himself by saying he 'can't bring' himself to select a false nine because he hates them and yet here he is, selecting a false nine for his team of the week!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I think when he scored the whole of the Brighton team we’re in shock as none of them punched the air or showed any reaction.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm saying that he contradicts himself by saying he 'can't bring' himself to select a false nine because he hates them and yet here he is, selecting a false nine for his team of the week!

Gabriel Jesus a false nine? I dunno. But I get your point now : )

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Chap I work with is convinced it was a cross, heated debate on body shape and eyes on goal didn't budge him.

He is a villa fan though. :lol:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Chap I work with is convinced it was a cross, heated debate on body shape and eyes on goal didn't budge him.

He is a villa fan though. :lol:

Ha ha. That was an intended shot from the moment the ball was passed to him. He never once thought about attempting a pass / cross. Deliberate loopy shot to go over the keeper because he was just far enough off his line. Perfectly executed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh great, back by about April then :ffsparr:

The Argus reported the hamstring injury this morning.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19709906.brightons-enock-mwepu-ruled-zambia-fixtures/

If we're lucky and its precautonary/just a strain - in which case he could be ok for Villa. If its a tear then a few weeks. If its an op then who knows.
Danny Welbeck looks like he's coming back quicker than expected. It was January . But it sounds like he's a month ahead of track . Potter was pretty bullish at the press conferences last week when asked.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Like most PL clubs, we will use the slightest knock or pull as an excuse to pull our players from International duty - especially when it involves long-haul travel. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back in full training early next week and match fit in 10 days time.

Jul 20, 2003
Danny Welbeck looks like he's coming back quicker than expected. It was January . But it sounds like he's a month ahead of track . Potter was pretty bullish at the press conferences last week when asked.

Be handy if we can get a few half hour off the bench appearances in December from him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Argus reported the hamstring injury this morning.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19709906.brightons-enock-mwepu-ruled-zambia-fixtures/

If we're lucky and its precautonary/just a strain - in which case he could be ok for Villa. If its a tear then a few weeks. If its an op then who knows.

Excluding Liverpool…I’d say the last time we looked a constant goal threat was the Leicester game…could do with Welbeck back…Maupay would certainly benefit….with no disrespect to Trossard

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
There was a tremendous solo performance by a devilishly good looking young chap yesterday belting this (or nearly this) out:

Tsamina mina, eh eh
Enock Mwepu, eh eh
Tsamina mina zangalewa
He comes from Zambia!

He got a decent round of applause. No surprise. If I had tried to join i someone would have thought I'd slipped my carer.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I think Mwepo is someone we have missed as he seems to have a bit more attacking threat than some of our other midfielders - hope to see him back starting soon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There was a tremendous solo performance by a devilishly good looking young chap yesterday belting this (or nearly this) out:

Tsamina mina, eh eh
Enock Mwepu, eh eh
Tsamina mina zangalewa
He comes from Zambia!

He got a decent round of applause. No surprise. If I had tried to join i someone would have thought I'd slipped my carer.

Best laugh of the weekend for me. :bowdown:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Tsamina mina, eh eh
Enock Mwepu, eh eh
Tsamina mina zangalewa
He comes from Zambia!

If you stop caring what people think of you, you will enjoy yourself more.

I have no idea whether that is true or not, I’m far too reserved.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Very good performance tonight, won lots of balls and always on the heals of Brentford players forcing mistakes. Well played Enock!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here