Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

English FRANCHISE Football

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
will american-esque franchises ever take off in this country?

discussing the trip to yeovil tonight, we were just saying what a NIGHTMARE the trip is - no motorways, in the middle of nowhere. then there is the LUDICROUS amount of clubs in london - yet cornwall does not have one professional club to its name

there are LOADS of towns that have the potential to host league football - from places like penzance and truro down in cornwall. dover, one of our main international ports, towns in north and mid wales, there is a HUGE gap between morecambe and carlisle, and with scarborough having folded the east yorkshire area

mk dons have proved it CAN work. with football becoming more of a business now, should clubs be looking to tap into potentially 'unused' markets to exploit them and become successfull, or is this something that will never take off in this country?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
anglesey and the isle of white are entire ISLANDS that have no representation in the football league - yet barnet are allowed to represent ONE tube stop. how is that fair on our friends across the solent?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
scarborough were ROBBED of a club - they represented east yorkshire on their own, and were such an institution that they had a BEATLES song in their honor

i reckon its about time that macclesfield were gone, and the mccain stadium was given its rightful place in the football league

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
true story - a certain friend of mine, mr dan collin, his father played INTERNATIONAL football for the jersey - although it was only against other counties in some sort of cup competition

as far as i am concerned, that makes them eligible for league football. imagine where the channel islands fc would be if they had have had home grown talent such as graeme le saux and matt le tissier among their ranks?

what about the isle of man? you could have the 'isle of man men' in place of port vale - stoke dont need two teams. but to be honest, the falklands is a bit odf a silly idea

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think you are delving into the realms of fantasy now thomas

more realistic is giving scotch corner a team - i know there is an abundance of teams in the north east, but none of them appear as signposted as scotch corner does once you are on the a1. im sure the people of nottingham wouldnt notice if notts county disapeared

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it is fair for Brighton AND Hove to be able to pool their resources together to form one club when they are so far away from any other league club. They should be split into two separate entities, that way they would get a local derby of their own.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the west coast of wales is being RAPED in terms of its lack of league teams

why should oldham be around with the plethora of teams in lancashire - surely abersytwyth is more worthy?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
abersytwyth axels
isle of man men
isle of white warriors (playing home matches at the needles)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
well, with 4 counties without EVER hosting a league football side, i think its fair that they are filled first

TEAM RUTLAND here we come

what are the four thomas?

we have the truro titans representing cornwall

rutland reindeer

Oct 25, 2003
cornwall

rutland

west sussex

isle of wight

isle of man isn't part of england i'm afraid, so if we have them, can we also have a team representing GIBRALTAR?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
well we can add in the rutland reindeer as one potential team

there is a defininite north-south divide here - personally, id like to see salisbury allocated a franchise due to its significance in the archeaoligical history of our country

we can afford to lose doncaster to make room for the salisbury stoners

speaking of which, how can we not honor our current monarch with her own team. bristol can deal with having only city, and in rovers place id like to see the windsor wasps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here