Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Spain *** Official Match Thread ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The fact they haven't scored possibly? As said above, we're doing all we need to do, sometimes in football you need to play like this

Play like this? What, the home team chasing shadows for 45 minutes? It looks a very very one sided game to me. Let's wait until the final whistle though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Play like this? What, the home team chasing shadows for 45 minutes? It looks a very very one sided game to me. Let's wait until the final whistle though.

Yes well exactly after 90 minutes we'll know more. We may have been 'chasing shadows' but its 0-0 still they've had no chances, I'd be interested to know how you'd approach this game differently to get a result?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've successfully restricted by far the best international side in the last 10-15 years to a few pot shots, while worrying them a few times. Get the f*** behind your country for once, English people.

Yes we'll probably lose. But if that is some kind of "told you so", then some people have lost sight of why you support your side in the first place.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's embarrassing is England's hoofball. What was the point of this friendly? Let's see if we can park the bus and stop Spain scoring?

You are aware of who we are playing against yes? You are aware if we tried to play them at their game we'd lose by double figures, yes?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We've successfully restricted by far the best international side in the last 10-15 years to a few pot shots, while worrying them a few times. Get the f*** behind your country for once, English people.

Yes we'll probably lose. But if that is some kind of "told you so", then some people have lost sight of why you support your side in the first place.

This. Plus Spain are pretty much playing to full strength, we are not playing Rooney, Gerrard, Terry etc AND experimenting with some young blood, quite how restricting Spain to scraps is classed as shit is beyond me.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not the most exciting game but watchable anyway, as mentioned above the Spanish have been restricted to a few pot shots but nothing much to trouble our keeper, the only worry is that they are playing the Barcelona way and trying to pass the ball into the net...they may only make one clear shot on goal, but that might be enough.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

That's right our country is our country! We won't lose. (you heard it here first)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes well exactly after 90 minutes we'll know more. We may have been 'chasing shadows' but its 0-0 still they've had no chances, I'd be interested to know how you'd approach this game differently to get a result?

My approach will take time I'm afraid; it involves a total reeducation of footballers and supporters. But, it starts with a steadfast refusal to support this crap. It clearly is not working so let's take a few steps back and start again. Supporting and encouraging these idiots just gives the players and the FA belief everything is okay.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

:facepalm: Stop moaning, for god sake we restricted the best team in the world to a few half chances, get a grip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here