Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Vs Bulgaria - bothered?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good performance from everyone except Glen Johnson who looked like the weak link in defence. Gutted for Dawson as I think he could be an important player for us. Joe Hart looks so solid aswell. Quality finishing from defoe for all 3 goals.

The biggest thing to take from the game for me though is that Adam Johnson HAS to start every game from now on. The guy oozes confidence and quality even in a 20 minute cameo. Every time he gets the ball he is direct and dangerous and always looking to make things happen even on the right hand side. He offers something different to the others and if Walcott had half the confidence of Johnson he would be absolutely lethal

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
I really really hope not. I thought we looked a lot more mobile at the back without them and I really hope Lampard doesn't come back either, I would like to see Milner permanently in his place

I don't really believe that Milner is the answer to our troubles. The most overrated player in the squad. The lad is full of industry and no end product. His corners were woeful tonight, bit like Cox's. Would much rather Ashley Young was given a chance in place of Milner.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't really believe that Milner is the answer to our troubles. The most overrated player in the squad. The lad is full of industry and no end product. His corners were woeful. Would much rather Ashley Young was given a chance in place of Milner.

I wouldn't have him on the left, I think he is a central midfielder. You're right about his corners

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
4 assists for Rooney and he barely gets a mention

I thought Rooney was tremendous tonight. Great passing, fantastic workrate, very unselfish, almost back to his best. Obviously Defoe was going to get M O M for his goals, but Rooney was a close second. I M H O .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just so those of you who weren't bothered we beat a fairly good Bulgaria 4 - 0 :)

Well played boys.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Good performance from everyone except Glen Johnson who looked like the weak link in defence. Gutted for Dawson as I think he could be an important player for us. Joe Hart looks so solid aswell. Quality finishing from defoe for all 3 goals.

The biggest thing to take from the game for me though is that Adam Johnson HAS to start every game from now on. The guy oozes confidence and quality even in a 20 minute cameo. Every time he gets the ball he is direct and dangerous and always looking to make things happen even on the right hand side. He offers something different to the others and if Walcott had half the confidence of Johnson he would be absolutely lethal

I don't really ever watch City so knew nothing about Johnson but from what I've seen from him for England he looks great. His confidence and touch are excellent.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought Barry was superb and in my view the only guaranteed starters are now Hart, Barry, Cole and Rooney.

And finally we have a reliable goal keeper who will be round for years..........

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't really ever watch City so knew nothing about Johnson but from what I've seen from him for England he looks great. His confidence and touch are excellent.

They love him at the Boo Camp, but he may be frozen out by some of Mancini's new and more expensive signings.

Last season, with Johnson and Bellamy out wide, and Tevez in the middle, City were a joy to watch at times, but, being City, still managed to self destruct of course.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
In terms of attacking midfielders, Adam Johnson is the closest thing we'll get to the technique (and confidence) of say, Ozil or Robben. If we manage to get a few more like him coming through in the next few years, we may be heading in the right direction.

Still not been convinced by Barry since the early WC qualifiers. Time for a new holding midfielder to be bedded in IMO, Huddlestone & Rodwell being two obvious youngsters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here