Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Vs Bulgaria - bothered?

Dandyman

In London village.
Pleased I went now.

Defoe and Hart were excellent. Only slight worry was the relative ease with which the Bulgarians got into shooting positions. A stronger opposition might have made more of the opportunities.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Thank f*** we've found a keeper. Joe Hart is brilliant.

this. innit. agreed.

First choice at the richest outfit in the premier league and looking 'safe hands' for England.

However good our outfield players could have been in the WC I never thought we'd have won it with our GK options then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
....and so the cycle begins again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
....and so the cycle begins again.

Indeed. The bollocks begins again. It's all like oh gollygosh! wow! what about this Rooney-Defoe partnership then, like it wasn't an option at the World Cup or indeed at any point in the past five years. Sake! How STUPID are these footballing people? :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought Rooney was tremendous tonight. Great passing, fantastic workrate, very unselfish, almost back to his best. Obviously Defoe was going to get M O M for his goals, but Rooney was a close second. I M H O .

What do you expect, he's world class you know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. The bollocks begins again. It's all like oh gollygosh! wow! what about this Rooney-Defoe partnership then, like it wasn't an option at the World Cup or indeed at any point in the past five years. Sake! How STUPID are these footballing people? :rolleyes:

This is one of my gripes, England players fall flat on their faces once again in a tournament (blaming everyone and everything in site as to the reason), beat some lowly team and everyone starts talking of a new dawn and forgetting it was Bulgaria last night.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
As I said, I am glad Hart is number one, but to suggest he was Brilliant last night is a bit wrong.

Was good when called upon. Made a couple of class saves. But i agree with you, not sure you can say a keeper was brilliant when they don't have huge amounts to do. He will be brilliant on Tuesday night :thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Was good when called upon. Made a couple of class saves. But i agree with you, not sure you can say a keeper was brilliant when they don't have huge amounts to do. He will be brilliant on Tuesday night :thumbsup:

He did what he had to do.

The problem is we will build him up and build him up just to knock him down.

For example the Sun gave him an 8

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I said, I am glad Hart is number one, but to suggest he was Brilliant last night is a bit wrong.

True but that was down to us defending from the front and closing them down high up the pitch. If we play with a higher tempo like this game / Slovenia game in WC, we seem to do very well? If we slow the tempo down ala the krauts game it doesn't suit us and we get picked off?

PS - England were good but shakey for 15 mins in 2nd half. Even I'm not gonna read a great ammount into the qualifiers after the way we qualified for the WC... Still there's always a very tricky game Tues and i'm sure if we lose / draw the usual muppets in the press and on here will be criticising and forgetting this brilliant 4 - 0 win...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the coverage of a 4-0 win has been far more downbeat than it would have been even two years ago.

Everyone knows the only way Capello really turns this around is minimum semi-finals of Euro2012, and that's a long way off, a lot of work, and still fairly unlikely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone's told me Jimmy Saville designed the England kit?

Last edited:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Delighted I went even though the trains were a scene on the way back. Joe Hart was quality, looking forward to seeing much more of Adam Johnson in the future

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here