Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Vs Bulgaria - bothered?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I don't buy this whole "the players don't care" thing. It wasn't lack of effort that saw us draw with Algeria. It was the fact that our players kept passing to the opposition, and that Rooney developed the first touch of a drunken elephant.

It is this whole "we need more passion" bollocks that has landed us in this position in the first place. Whilst other countries concentrate on a little thing they refer to as technical ability, we prefer our players to run around like thick morons looking angry. As if trying really hard wins you major tournaments. Its embarrassing.

I won't be watching tonight. I wouldn't cross the road to watch that shower of shit.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i shall be watching, the rules in our house are that footy trumps shit brother and thats a good enough reason to watch the shower of shit that is our national team :laugh:

Dandyman

In London village.
I'm going to Wembley with a Villa supporting mate. I'll let you know if we stay until the end or head for the pub before the fianl whistle.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Always want England to win,so it's pretty much been a lifetime of disappointment.

Would prefer an English manager.

DO NOT underestimate England's ability to do badly.

DO NOT underestimate the opposition.

Oh,a postscript; I'm a club before country supporter,and by June 2012 will be more interested in seeing the Albion in the second tier.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hurray yet another anti-England thread.

Of course I will be watching. I'm English and a real football fan.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
It's always nice to watch England if you go in expecting to lose. That is the secret!! I reckon Kish got it right when he said England won't like how Bulgaria play, so it will be a test for them. Will they keep their heads and get the goal they need to win or will they lose their tempers?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Crapello has actually gone mental..

So the papers say, so it must be true.

The guy was on a hiding to nothing coming to manage England. The media are always just ITCHING to turn on the England manager and portray him as some kind of buffoon the very first chance they get. Its so boringly predictable.

Fact is, this bloke has had unbroken success everywhere he has managed. Everywhere. The first abject failure he has had as a manager is when he has worked with the english. Yet HE is the one who is apparently the idiot ?

That tells you more about our players, and our press, than it does Capello.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I will be watching, and of course I want them to win.

However, I have never felt so much apathy towards the National side as I do at the moment.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Is no-one else sick to the back teeth of the f***ing press/public and the glee in which they attack Cappelo and the England team?

We had a bad world cup. Ho hum. How is that some sort of shocking national disgrace?

Really, how is it??

We didn't even qualify in 94 and we're certainly not the only team to not live up to our 'reputation'.

I think this is where arrogance really shines out with England fans. It's football, it often doesn't go quite they way you want/expect it.

I don't buy the passion bollocks either. I think every one of those players who went to SA wanted to be there and wanted to play for England, they just didn't have the technique, or, Rooney being the best example, lost it. That's also the nature of football, anyone who has played even a little knows that sometimes your touch just deserts you.

I'm watching tonight and I really really hope Cappelo sticks it to the English press who time and time again are a f***ing disgrace to England.

and that's my rant

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't buy this whole "the players don't care" thing. It wasn't lack of effort that saw us draw with Algeria. It was the fact that our players kept passing to the opposition, and that Rooney developed the first touch of a drunken elephant.

It is this whole "we need more passion" bollocks that has landed us in this position in the first place. Whilst other countries concentrate on a little thing they refer to as technical ability, we prefer our players to run around like thick morons looking angry. As if trying really hard wins you major tournaments. Its embarrassing.

I won't be watching tonight. I wouldn't cross the road to watch that shower of shit.

I feel there's a microcosm of that at Brighton.

Gus is trying to improve the players' technical ability, teaching them to pass and keep the ball and so on, and what happens? Accusations of 'boring' and 'lack of passion' and impatient shouts of 'get it forward.'

There is an element of some England fans getting the team they deserve because it's the fans, raised on a diet of playing an English system that served us fairly well when it was right to use it but became out of date ynks ago, who are perpetually screaming for more passion, when keeping the ball would often be a better option, though less entertaining.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is no-one else sick to the back teeth of the f***ing press/public and the glee in which they attack Cappelo and the England team?

We had a bad world cup. Ho hum. How is that some sort of shocking national disgrace?

Really, how is it??

We didn't even qualify in 94 and we're certainly not the only team to not live up to our 'reputation'.

I think this is where arrogance really shines out with England fans. It's football, it often doesn't go quite they way you want/expect it.

I don't buy the passion bollocks either. I think every one of those players who went to SA wanted to be there and wanted to play for England, they just didn't have the technique, or, Rooney being the best example, lost it. That's also the nature of football, anyone who has played even a little knows that sometimes your touch just deserts you.

I'm watching tonight and I really really hope Cappelo sticks it to the English press who time and time again are a f***ing disgrace to England.

and that's my rant

You Sir are spot on. And by the public in that first line don't forget that incorporates a large number of NSC 'fans'. Plus it's laughable that the original poster reffered to this as worse than the Taylor era - laughable. We had a bad few games at the WC where it mattered yes - but at least we qualified - and qualified f***ing well - worse than Taylor - don't make me laugh.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive got 6 Bulgarians working in my office, but as Im the one dishing out the work every day, they are praying their team loses heavily to avoid a hideous return to work on monday.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've got a free ticket with work tonight and am heading for the game. I'll cheer them on BUT I still haven't forgiven the players for leaking stuff about how bad the training was in SA, John Terry's 'I'm the real captain speech' and all this stuff about being bored shitless in the camp. What I'd give to sit on my arse and play 4 games of football in 3 weeks away from the wife and kids.

All the while the core of the England team is full of the self importance of the likes of Terry we aren't going to win anything. All these guys proved is that when the chips are down you don't want them in a fight and all they will do is look to put the blame elsewhere we they seemingly have done to perfection with Capello.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here