Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Vs Bulgaria - bothered?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Not even in the Mclaren, Keegan or Graham Taylor eras have I been this disillusioned about our natiaonal team.

I've grown to hate Cappello for the way he constantly brings the England team into disrepute with miscommunication and what comes across as "so what" mentality. I know much of this is down to his struggle with the English language but come on, £6million a year and he can't do basic media interviews.

More than anything though, it's the players. Up to the days of Lineker, Robson and co it felt like players were honoured to play for their country. Now it feels like they are doing us a favour to even turn up to give mostly lacklustre performances. Then the likes of Gareth Barry complain that they really should not be playing so man games for their millions so the crap England side at the World Cup was really not their fault.

Anyway, I just felt like a rant about that. Thanks. :rant:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Capello's lost the plot, he doesn't care anymore. Most of the board want to sack him - the Arteta thing changed their minds - but the FA can't afford it.

Game's a good excuse for a Friday night group piss up in the pub though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not even in the Mclaren, Keegan or Graham Taylor eras have I been this disillusioned about our natiaonal team.

I've grown to hate Cappello for the way he constantly brings the England team into disrepute with miscommunication and what comes across as "so what" mentality. I know much of this is down to his struggle with the English language but come on, £6million a year and he can't do basic media interviews.

More than anything though, it's the players. Up to the days of Lineker, Robson and co it felt like players were honoured to play for their country. Now it feels like they are doing us a favour to even turn up to give mostly lacklustre performances. Then the likes of Gareth Barry complain that they really should not be playing so man games for their millions so the crap England side at the World Cup was really not their fault.

Anyway, I just felt like a rant about that. Thanks. :rant:

I totally agree about the players, none of them are likeable and the only person that seems to really care about playing for their country is David Beckham and he is out of favour. Even up until the Shearer/Sheringham days you felt that they wanted to play and were genuinely gutted when they lost. Now they just hop into their £300,000 Bentley to go back to their WAGs (probably getting done for speeding inbetween) and suddenly they start playing properly again for their clubs.

I will be interested to see how some of the new players perform in a game that counts but I'm struggling to give much of a toss about the match.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Definately going to watch it, and will be cheering on England as always.

Crapello cant go wrong again in qualifying, its such an easy group like the WC.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're at a low point, probably the lowest I can remember. But despite the shower of SHIT they were in the summer, I definitely still care.

Bottom line for me is that I most certainly WANT us involved in Euro 2012. There's nothing worse than a major tournament coming up that we're not even involved in. Even if (as usual) we're garbage and stink the place out, I'd still rather have that than no involvement at all. So yes, I'll be watching tonight. And yes, I'll be pulling for us to win.

Plus we've got the likes of Joe Hart, Adam Johnson, James Milner and Theo Walcott, and (but for injury) WOULD have had Bobby in the team - I'm really hoping they're going to step up to the plate over the next 2 years and start giving us a team to be proud of again.

COME ON ENGLAND.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think sometimes fans get the sports team they deserve, and that's definetely the case with the England football team at the moment

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think sometimes fans get the sports team they deserve, and that's definetely the case with the England football team at the moment

Why do the fans deserve the crap we got in the summer - how does that work ?

Are you confusing 'fans' with 'media' ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Well, I hope England win and I will be watching. You don't just stop supporting your team just because they go through a bad patch.

Regardless of whether you like the manager and the players or not, they are still representing our country and we should get behind them, in exactly the same way we did when Steve Gritt took over as manager of a club where the board were screwing over the fans!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well, I hope England win and I will be watching. You don't just stop supporting your team just because they go through a bad patch.

Regardless of whether you like the manager and the players or not, they are still representing our country and we should get behind them, in exactly the same way we did when Steve Gritt took over as manager of a club where the board were screwing over the fans!

I'll go along with that....if only the players appeared to care.
Can but agree with the earlier poster - no matter what you think of Beckham as a player you have to admire his committment and pride in playing for his country. Contrast that to Gerrard & co :mad:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually I think Gerrard really does care as well - he's just constantly deployed in systems that don't get the best out of him.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not bothered really. I don't mind Capello it's the f**king players I can't stand, self-pitying talentless failures the lot of them. A radical change in personnel and I might be interested. Shame Bobby is crocked.

Looking forward to the Sussex/Surrey game tomorrow much more.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think with England I mostly take the same attitude as with the JPT. I will take an interest in the result, listen to the commentary/watch on TV, but won't get too invested in the fortunes of the team.

With england I do find the reaction to our matches quite... I don't want to say "entertaining", but "interesting" seems the wrong word too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm old enough to have my hopes and dreams shattered on a regular 2 year cycle. I have heard many " New Dawns " " End of an Era" stuff but the basics still remain.

We will start to get our act together and almost certainly qualify with high hopes until, either a star player breaks down on the eve of the tournament or we come up against a reasonably decent team in the FIFA top 10 at the first knockout stage. Thats where it will end amid tears and recriminations..... Simples.

I will not be watching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here