Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Ukraine

What will be the result tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Utter HORSESHIT ! Inviting Ukraine to score all game. Here we go again.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Dropping a centre forward who has scored a towering header & game won, for one that misses a sitter & ain't match fit, nice one Roy the Savaloy

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Parker and Milner proving that they really are not international standard. is Young playing?

Keep Gerrard, Terry, Lescott, Hart................. change any of the rest and it could only improve. This really is a totally lacklustre performance.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Dropping a centre forward who has scored a towering header & game won, for one that misses a sitter & ain't match fit, nice one Roy the Savaloy

Get bent everyone wanted Rooney start. Hodgson couldn't win, if he wasnt playing people would be complaining about not having Rooney on the pitch.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We have sat back far too much. Our passing is shockingCarroll and Walcott on in 2nd half for me and we need to push up

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hate to say it, but if it wasn't for John Terry we could easily have been 2-0 down by now

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Ukraine bring on Shev and the other forward, we will lose this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not feeling the Young hate, Milner yes, but I think Young has done well.

He and Cole have defended well, our only chance came from a Young cross, and he's got at least 2 others in.
Unlike Milner.

Terry's had a good game, I'm now off for a scrub down.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
f***ing excuses at ht by all in the studio. We are shocking, no one can hold onto the ball. No one up front has any pace, skill or the brains to win this

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Get bent everyone wanted Rooney start. Hodgson couldn't win, if he wasnt playing people would be complaining about not having Rooney on the pitch.

While I agree with your general point about hodgson not winning, and the popularity of the selection, I personally wouldn't complain.
Should Rooney be an automatic choice, if England get a result tonight against Sweden? - Page 4
In all games:

With Rooney
Win 45 (60.81%)
Draw 16 (21.62%)
lose 13 (17.57%)
goals per game 1.93

without rooney
Win 26 (70.27%)
Draw 5 (13.51%)
lose 6 (16.22%)
goals per game 2.08

In competitive games only:

With Rooney
Win 31 (65.96%)
Draw 10 (2.28%)
lose 6 (12.77%)
goals per game 2.04

without rooney
Win 10 (71.43%)
Draw 3 (21.43%)
lose 1 (7.14%)
goals per game 2.29

(games that went to penalty shoot outs are recorded as draws)
(Though in that thread, I was in the side that said rooney should start, more because don't have much faith in our other options, either).

Of course, if Rooney puts in a fantastic second half and scores a couple of goals, I will claim credit, since the posting of these stats will be seen as a criticism of his inclusion (though is only meant to present the argument against his inclusion for information, more than to evidence to support a campaign against his inclusion)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If Ukraine bring on Shev and the other forward, we will lose this.

this is set up for sheva to come on and score, that first half was woeful, playing way way to deep and no attacking invention

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Well, serious improvement needed (if possible!). That was painful to watch. We really are a poor side. Out passed, out thought and completely clueless!

Maybe we should get eliminated tonight before facing one of the big boys?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well, serious improvement needed (if possible!). That was painful to watch. We really are a poor side. Out passed, out thought and completely clueless!

Maybe we should get eliminated tonight before facing one of the big boys?

in some way it would make a better fairytale story in the long run if Ukraine win (not that I want that) , we will get torn a new arsehole by Spain anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here