Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England V Sweden

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
But what would we find out about Scott Carson that we don't already know?

Have you seen Carson play for his Club in turkey apparently his a totally different player and he only has 3 England caps.

We also have Stockdale in the squad wouldnt mind seeing how he performs, what makes me laugh of Hart gets a knock Capello will be slated for not testing another keeper

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
but if Terry plays then I will not be happy. Jagielka and Lescott were superb on Saturday, and deserve another chance together tonight against the Swedes.

Whilst I agree with the general thrust of your post, surely this is Don Fabio's chance to look at as many different on-field partnerships as possible? It would be seen as a waste if Fabio only looked at one central defensive partnership over the two matches. Having said that, I am sure Lescott and Jagielka could do with a bit more match time to further develop their partnership

[edit] Just seen that Jagielka is injured, which makes my point a theoretical one only.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Whilst I agree with the general thrust of your post, surely this is Don Fabio's chance to look at as many different on-field partnerships as possible? It would be seen as a waste if Fabio only looked at one central defensive partnership over the two matches. Having said that, I am sure Lescott and Jagielka could do with a bit more match time to further develop their partnership

[edit] Just seen that Jagielka is injured, which makes my point a theoretical one only.

Yeah I understand that, but it time to get rid of the old guard and bring in fresh blood. Rodwell should start tonight, he looked fresh and very up for it against Spain. Plus Jagielka "injured" probably is a precaution, and will play on Saturday for Everton.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Didn't one of the commentators mention a ridiculous stat regarding the number of different central defence partnerships we've had in Fabio's time? 25 I think it was! We've done enough different set ups. Jags and Lescott works well, stick with it. But yes, Jagielka is injured.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Yeah I understand that, but it time to get rid of the old guard and bring in fresh blood. Rodwell should start tonight, he looked fresh and very up for it against Spain. Plus Jagielka "injured" probably is a precaution, and will play on Saturday for Everton.

He's got a broken toe hasn't he? Took an injection to play on Saturday I believe

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Terry should never play for England again, even ignoring all the off-field / racist rubbish. He's simply not good enough to warrant a place.

Lescott, Jagielka, Ferdinand, Cahill, Jones, and probably also Smalling are all now better centre backs.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Terry should never play for England again, even ignoring all the off-field / racist rubbish. He's simply not good enough to warrant a place.

Lescott, Jagielka, Ferdinand, Cahill, Jones, and probably also Smalling are all now better centre backs.

:clap:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm probably not going to go, but after hearing about it being the lowest attendance yet, I thought I'd check out the ticket situation, see what is available, etc. The ticket site is Wembley Stadium - Online Box Office. Now, I'm not sure if it's because they announced it's the lowest attendance yet, but I have been on that site for just under 60 minutes, and my queue bar is just over a quarter of the way! I thought the Albion's ticket system was hard work. Geez. No wonder no-one is buying.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm probably not going to go, but after hearing about it being the lowest attendance yet, I thought I'd check out the ticket situation, see what is available, etc. The ticket site is Wembley Stadium - Online Box Office. Now, I'm not sure if it's because they announced it's the lowest attendance yet, but I have been on that site for just under 60 minutes, and my queue bar is just over a quarter of the way! I thought the Albion's ticket system was hard work. Geez. No wonder no-one is buying.

Late surge in demand I think, expect the audience to rocket towards 60,000. I know they've been inundated with ticket request since the impressive defeat of the World Champions on Saturday, suddenly everyone wants a piece of England again.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

But he's such a brave lion!

john-terry-clearance.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
low attendence tonight so sadly all you're going to hear AGAIN is that poxy "band " ,FFS they gotta go , completely destroyed the atmosphere, f*** them off to Hampden park i say :angry:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Well I'm looking forward to this England game more than any for a very long time purely because Zamora is likely to play. I do also think Welbeck is a quality player so will be good to see them up front together if the reports are true.

With regard to Terry I would prefer it that he never plays again for England again. Not just beacuse he is complete arsehole, its that hes not good enough. He has been vastly over rated for about 8 years now. He is always poor for England and was only made to look good at Chelsea by playing with a world class partner in Carvalho and a very solid team built by Mourinho. Since Mourinho/Carvalho went Terry has regularly been exposed as being very average.

Lescott and Jagielka played together a lot at Everton so I don't necessarily think they need to play together more to build a partnership but they are both very good defenders who I think deserve a chance at staking a place to be first choice so I would like them to play together again in the next friendly. I think they're both better than Cahill. Jones is obviously the long term answer as long as he doesn't keep getting messed around in midfield and at right back. He is a natural centre half.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is one of those games I don't mind England being ordinary just provided we get a win.

We haven't beaten this lot since May 1968 - that's W0 D8 L4. Psychologically, whenever we draw them this record makes it a harder task than it should really be.

The big thing about tonight is Bobby. If he plays badly that's his England career over. If he plays well then he's in the mix for a Euro 2012 squad place.

Last edited:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Welbeck is out so think it be Bobby and Sturridge up there now

1419 FOOTBALL: Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck has been withdrawn from England's friendly with Sweden at Wembley tonight with a muscle strain, the Football Association have confirmed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here