Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England V Sweden

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Late surge in demand I think, expect the audience to rocket towards 60,000. I know they've been inundated with ticket request since the impressive defeat of the World Champions on Saturday, suddenly everyone wants a piece of England again.

Yep, just got in, and there's hardly any left.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The big thing about tonight is Bobby. If he plays badly that's his England career over. If he plays well then he's in the mix for a Euro 2012 squad place.

Agree with this. Its a HUGE night for Bobby Zamora. Potentially its career defining.

With the recent emergence of Sturridge and Wellbeck, comeptition for forward places at the Euros is really tough. Bobby only had at best a 50/50 chance even before that. I think Wellbeck will continue to impress at Man Utd and will secure his spot early. To nose ahead of Sturridge, Agbonlahor, Bent etc Bobby needs to seize his chance. If he fluffs his lines tonight he might not get another shot at it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Agree with this. Its a HUGE night for Bobby Zamora. Potentially its career defining.

With the recent emergence of Sturridge and Wellbeck, comeptition for forward places at the Euros is really tough. Bobby only had at best a 50/50 chance even before that. I think Wellbeck will continue to impress at Man Utd and will secure his spot early. To nose ahead of Sturridge, Agbonlahor, Bent etc Bobby needs to seize his chance. If he fluffs his lines tonight he might not get another shot at it.

Career defining might be a tad overstated. He's 31 in 2 months, so even if he was first pick, he's only got at most 2 years as an international - hardly going to break any records is he. Still wish him good luck though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Career defining might be a tad overstated. He's 31 in 2 months, so even if he was first pick, he's only got at most 2 years as an international - hardly going to break any records is he. Still wish him good luck though.

I mean that kicking on from tonight he could concievably be leading England's line at a major championships next summer - which would be the defining point of his career. Fail, and he'll go down in history (outside of Brighton) as nothing more than a run of the mill mid-premiership striker.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I mean that kicking on from tonight he could concievably be leading England's line at a major championships next summer - which would be the defining point of his career. Fail, and he'll go down in history (outside of Brighton) as nothing more than a run of the mill mid-premiership striker.

Ok, I'll give you that. I think, barring a set of injuries, the most he can hope for next summer is as a squad player.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Which is s shame as he offers more than Bent or Defoe imo. Ironically the Spain game would probably have suited him more.

If I was being paid £6m a year to pick, I'd probably choose out of Rooney (when not suspeded), sturridge and Wellbeck depending on the formation, with bent in the squad as he knows how to score, plus you have Theo and BZ. I don't think defoe will make it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Rooney appeal is the 9th December i think the knife will be stuck in and the ban increased by one game

Seems stupid to appeal, to me. Take the 3 games hit, it would only be reduced to 2 anyway, so if we can't qualify without him, we have no chance anyway. It could be increaed to 4, so may as well make sure he's available for the first knockout game should we make it, we'd certainly need him for it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Looking forward to this, although being a Brighton fan I do still find England a bit 'agricultural'. However it was a good display against Spain, probably on a par with someone like Wolves beating Man U, so I'll be happy just to see the non-regulars play without fear. Plus a goal or two for Zamora obviously.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
With regard to Terry I would prefer it that he never plays again for England again. Not just beacuse he is complete arsehole, its that hes not good enough. He has been vastly over rated for about 8 years now. He is always poor for England and was only made to look good at Chelsea by playing with a world class partner in Carvalho and a very solid team built by Mourinho. Since Mourinho/Carvalho went Terry has regularly been exposed as being very average.

8 years? what a load of rubbish, I highly doubt Avram Grant, Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink and Luiz Felipe Scolari would have chosen John Terry if he wasn't good enough. Its only been in the last 1/2 years that John Terry's form has dropped.

Wasn't planning on going tonight but ended up coming to London for the night so figured why not.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'll flick between the England and Ireland game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm defeinitely going to watch. I was all set to watch the Oirland one, but they went and spoilt it by killing the tie in the first leg.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've stuck a tenner on England to win 3-1 (12/1).

Hopefully it'll be a more exciting and open game than Saturday. Can see Ibrahimovic nicking a goal but we should end our hoodoo against Sweden after 43 years and I think that's a possible correct score at good odds.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What are the odds on Bobby scoring the 2000th goal for England?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone know a good stream?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here