Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v South Africa- Fourth Test- Johannesburg, Jan 24-28 2020

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
And 7 down as Curran holes out, Saffers batting tonight? 423 lead already more than anyone has chased to win a Test...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm sure part of the reason we've stuck with Buttler as the wicket keeper / batsman was the weakness of the top order batting. When you're 30/3 ALL of the time the selectors will be wary about playing a more orthodox wicket keeper like Foakes.

However, now we seen to have got some top order players who look the part (Crawley, Sibley, Burns and Denley).

Pope looks class in the middle alongside Root and Stokes and the 'all rounders', Curran, Woakes & Wood all can contribute.

Therefore, now feels like the time to include a proper wicket keeper, and build the team forward for the next Ashes via Sri Lanka and the English summer.

Spot on. Foakes is the best keeper. He’s not a bad bat either.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sure part of the reason we've stuck with Buttler as the wicket keeper / batsman was the weakness of the top order batting. When you're 30/3 ALL of the time the selectors will be wary about playing a more orthodox wicket keeper like Foakes.

However, now we seen to have got some top order players who look the part (Crawley, Sibley, Burns and Denley).

Pope looks class in the middle alongside Root and Stokes and the 'all rounders', Curran, Woakes & Wood all can contribute.

Therefore, now feels like the time to include a proper wicket keeper, and build the team forward for the next Ashes via Sri Lanka and the English summer.

I do understand their concerns.

But having seen the missed stumpings (especially Bairstow) and half chances missed, I think it's a false economy to look for ten more on the average.

Sorry if I keep banging on about it on these threads, but there are so many keeping errors I see where I just know that the best option wouldn't have missed them.

It frustrates me because there never seems to be a counter argument. If I could ask the selectors one question it would be this.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Oops, 8 down!

Which brings Wood on.

Which is nice...

I think Root is on for a red inker here, probably wont even make his fifty! :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm guessing they want a couple of overs tonight on reaching 450. Don't understand the hurry.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tremendous catch !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do understand their concerns.

But having seen the missed stumpings (especially Bairstow) and half chances missed, I think it's a false economy to look for ten more on the average.

Sorry if I keep banging on about it on these threads, but there are so many keeping errors I see where I just know that the best option wouldn't have missed them.

It frustrates me because there never seems to be a counter argument. If I could ask the selectors one question it would be this.

I agree, and it angers me how Matt Prior got so much criticism for a few technical flaws, yet the current crop get an easy ride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here