Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v South Africa - 1st Test - The Oval

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
BBC Test Match Special's Geoff Boycott
"The way Prior has played he could have been out I don't know how many times. He's almost playing a shot a ball before he's got in. Just play an innings."

thanks geoffrey!!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Great Test cricket i reckon, evenly matched thus far. wouldn't want to call it. Sat/Sun meant to be hot days so some early wickets today would very handy

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No. It's Pietersen's fault they have been exposed to the quality South African bowling this morning under a cloudy sky. He could easily have batted out the session himself last night, and is a good enough batsman to have ensured our lesser players weren't facing early this morning.

Instead, England will be about 330/9 at lunch, as Prior is not going to last another half hour IMO.

He exposed Ian Bell, one of our best batsmen with two goods batsmen after him and then two all-rounders. Everyone has their favourites and opinions but this blaming Pietersen for everything is a old-hat now

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He exposed Ian Bell, one of our best batsmen with two goods batsmen after him and then two all-rounders. Everyone has their favourites and opinions but this blaming Pietersen for everything is a old-hat now
I don't mean to blame KP for everything, it's just that he really could be one of the all time greats if he could concentrate in situations like that.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Apart from the slightly slow scoring rate... this has been a classic first innings between a strong batting line up and a quality bowling attack on a decent wicket.

England 385 all out.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I reckon our bowlers will be able to pick up a few wickets this afternoon.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
All out 385.
If we can get Smith out early could be a good total, if not I can imagine him grinding out a slow, big hundred

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Smith 104* and Amla 100* are boring the pants off the Oval crowd...

South Africa 208-1 (71.3 overs)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is Limpet-like in his determination.....could be a very difficult partnership to break

I wish I had not said that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here