Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v South Africa - 1st Test - The Oval

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and FIGJAMs back in the hutch... played down the Bakerloo to a straight one... after a couple of short ones from Morkel :nono:

57-3 it really is IMPOSSIBLE to bat out there.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Strauss BAMBOOZLED by Tahir... combined with a poor shot choice from the hapless England captain... 67-4 :nono:

How Swann bowled 52 overs without taking a wicket is BEYOND me.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England close the day on 102-4

Bell 14* Bopara 15*

Still trailing by 150.

Well played South Africa - I think you have shaded that one!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2nd new ball will be key.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Prior has to man up and take responsibility for his wicket. Just another 10 - 15 overs and I think we would have got the draw. Tuffers went bonkers on TMS about it. I know others have let the side down (KP etc) but Prior had played himself in. Poor Cricket.

larus

Perspective. Christ, we've lost a test match; not had a 5-0 drubbing from the Aussies.

It was a test match where we didn't play well; guess what - shit happens in life. See we've got the usual 'time to cut my wrist cos we've lost and we're shit' suspects out now.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Perspective. Christ, we've lost a test match; not had a 5-0 drubbing from the Aussies.

It was a test match where we didn't play well; guess what - shit happens in life. See we've got the usual 'time to cut my wrist cos we've lost and we're shit' suspects out now.

Yup. We are a QUALITY side and we always start series badly. There is so much about this team in terms of character and I fully expect us to bounce back and at least salvage a draw from this series.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
perspective. Christ, we've lost a test match; not had a 5-0 drubbing from the aussies.

Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Oh dear, what an absolute DISGRACE.

Put the result, not just losing but the size of it into perespective. First time in the history of test cricket a side has won whilst losing only two wickets. An innings defeat is a humiliation if you lose all you wickets twice over for that of one of the opposition, we lost twenty for less than they lost two. It would be the equivalent in football of Spain losing at home to third in the world Uruguay 8-0.

Ravi Bopara, never again, and maybe some of the ego's in the squad should shut the f*** up about creating legacies, being the best England side ever and an era of Australia-esque dominance and worry about playing and working hard a bit more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here