Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v New Zealand - 2nd Test - Edgbaston

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
New Zealand have a population of 5 million people. All credit to them beating the mother country away from home.
It also has to be said, they were incredibly unlucky in losing the world cup final by the finest of margins.
Just shows that the all blacks in rugby is not their only priority.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand have a population of 5 million people. All credit to them beating the mother country away from home.
It also has to be said, they were incredibly unlucky in losing the world cup final by the finest of margins.

Not much population in the W Indies and they were strong for decades.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Robinsons stock has risen considerably since the start of this shit show.

Shambolic.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
****ing abject, if I had turned in this sort of performance in my day job, I would tell my Client I wasn't going to Invoice them...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Effectively -14 for 6 with a blower now coming out to bat.

Shocking. It’s a double century from Root or bust now.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Effectively -14 for 6 with a blower now coming out to bat.

Shocking. It’s a double century from Root or bust now.

You are having a laugh, everyone with tickets for Sunday has been robbed. This shitshow needs sorting before India tear us a new one 5 - nil.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not much population in the W Indies and they were strong for decades.

Probably a little bit controversial talking about racial differences, but the Windies were badly affected with the new rule of only 1 bouncer an over.
Their pace bowlers dominated at that time similar to watching the London marathon.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Probably a little bit controversial talking about racial differences, but the Windies were badly affected with the new rule of only 1 bouncer an over.
Their pace bowlers dominated at that time similar to watching the London marathon.

They also had...Sobers..Kanhai...Lloyd...Kallicharan..Greenidge.. Haynes...Rowe...Richards...Lara...Gayle.....and many more world class batsman.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
New Zealand are a good team but we feel like a bit of a mess.
We are relying on an extremely inexperienced batting lineup, many with dodgy technique. We've ruined Jofra.
We've made baffling decisions about certain players....why rest Woakes when he is pretty much our best bowler at home and clearly won't be used all the time in the Ashes. Etc etc.
Root still makes very questionable decisions.
Disheartening really. Robinson one positive until...

Good points all.

Woakes can also bat a bit too.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They also had...Sobers..Kanhai...Lloyd...Kallicharan..Greenidge.. Haynes...Rowe...Richards...Lara...Gayle.....and many more world class batsman.

Yes fair point, Lara could be added in recent years. They are lacking bowlers in recent years since Ambrose and Walsh left the scene.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
When all sport is desperate for income this shower should hang their heads in shame. Only those in the crowd pissed out their brains making any noise. Feel sorry for the rest.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Without question the weakest and worst England batting line up I have ever seen ( been watching since 1963 )
New Zealand are a decent side but not world beaters. Just not a lot of class around in cricket, generally, at the moment. On a good pitch, they are barely getting to day 4. A lot of these guys are flattered playing County cricket. They are simply good club players.

I posted in the thread during the 1st test that none of the batsman, apart from Root, who have played in the last 2 years has a batting average of over 40. The top three average low 30s. An average of 40 plus for the top 5 or 6 batters is the benchmark.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
When all sport is desperate for income this shower should hang their heads in shame. Only those in the crowd pissed out their brains making any noise. Feel sorry for the rest.

It has been a truly nightmarish few weeks for the ECB. They're probably very delighted the Euros have started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here