Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v New Zealand - 2nd Test - Edgbaston

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My understanding NZ were No.1 in world ratings?

We are making them look even better of course...

They were but are currently no 2. India went above them when they beat us

If they had a decent spinner, they'd be pretty near the perfect team: bat all the way down, a great seam attack (right and left armers), good fielders and an adventurous captain.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
They were but are currently no 2. India went above them when they beat us

If they had a decent spinner, they'd be pretty near the perfect team: bat all the way down, a great seam attack (right and left armers), good fielders and an adventurous captain.

About to give us a tonking nevertheless, as you say a decent series between them and India would be well worth watching...

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
About to give us a tonking nevertheless, as you say a decent series between them and India would be well worth watching...

Since the WTC final's in England, and NZ have had these two matches beforehand, I think they have to be favourites.

It's a shame it's at the Rose Bowl with no crowd. I'd have been well up for going to it if it was allowed, and not somewhere that's a complete pain to get to.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Were starting to loose by some distance, wonder how these last two Test results will be spun by the ECB?

Difficult of course with no spinner...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Since the WTC final's in England, and NZ have had these two matches beforehand, I think they have to be favourites.

It's a shame it's at the Rose Bowl with no crowd. I'd have been well up for going to it if it was allowed, and not somewhere that's a complete pain to get to.

I think it's 4,000 allowed in. I should imagine a lot of ex-pats have got tickets for it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You have to remind yourselves that not only the Players, but also their massive support staff, are chowing down on far better money than most of us will ever see.

And they are collectively turning out this absolute shite. :angry:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand are a good team but we feel like a bit of a mess.
We are relying on an extremely inexperienced batting lineup, many with dodgy technique. We've ruined Jofra.
We've made baffling decisions about certain players....why rest Woakes when he is pretty much our best bowler at home and clearly won't be used all the time in the Ashes. Etc etc.
Root still makes very questionable decisions.
Disheartening really. Robinson one positive until...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Without question the weakest and worst England batting line up I have ever seen ( been watching since 1963 )
New Zealand are a decent side but not world beaters. Just not a lot of class around in cricket, generally, at the moment. On a good pitch, they are barely getting to day 4. A lot of these guys are flattered playing County cricket. They are simply good club players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here