Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England -v- Hungary. You gotta be kidding!!

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
I opened my e-mails today to find one from the FA (I am an England Fan member). It was offering me the "fantastic opportunity" to see England at Wembley after the World Cup.

You have to be joking??!!??

Perhaps now is the time to show our displeasure at the lack of pride and not attend this game...please don't tell me anyone is planning to go.

I don't think I would go even if someone gave me a free ticket.

:albion2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is a facebook page dedicated to boycotting this one.

Not really a surprise. Useless twats. Remind me to be underwhelmed when Rooney bangs in six against Blackpool next season. Yawn.

WEnt to England Hungary back in the early 90's 3-0 might have been the score, only 17,000 souless night, b4 it was hip to support England.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was wondering, what sort of stick are the England players going to get as they travel around this season for their clubs, or will the club fans not care any more by then ?
Opposing fans will rightly boo our shit "stars" all of whom earn millions a year. These people will then be chastised as "pathetic" or some such by do-gooding media types and fans of the clubs these twats play for.

And then Gerrard will score from 55 yards against Bolton, Rooney will score 6 against Blackpool and Joe Cole will pull the strings in a 4-0 demolition of Wigan and Defoe will fill his boots against Birmingham City - and we'll all be told they are world class, until they let us down again in the Euros by playing like a pub team.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Opposing fans will rightly boo our shit "stars" all of whom earn millions a year. These people will then be chastised as "pathetic" or some such by do-gooding media types and fans of the clubs these twats play for.

And then Gerrard will score from 55 yards against Bolton, Rooney will score 6 against Blackpool and Joe Cole will pull the strings in a 4-0 demolition of Wigan and Defoe will fill his boots against Birmingham City - and we'll all be told they are world class, until they let us down again in the Euros by playing like a pub team.

Is the sad but inevitable truth.

I for one, don't think that it wasn't a lack of pride or not caring enough for their national side, which seemed to be the problem that Italy and France had.

In some ways I think they cared too much and were so anxious forgot to relax and play the natural football they know they can. That mixed with a bit of "we're much better than this lot" meant everything went pear shaped.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is is the match on August 11th? I must admit I couldn't believe it when I saw it, an utterly pointless fixture for both fans and players. I suppose the FA know they can dish up any old shit and enough mugs (sorry, 'loyal fans') will pay to come and see it. Gotta pay off that Wembley debt somehow ...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ive got a ticket for it - if capello goes though, then ill be posting it back to the fa in an envelope in which i will also have personally taken a shit into

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
an utterly pointless fixture for both fans and players.

I reckon the FA booked it thinking we'd win the WC, and it would give fans the chance to see the majestic trophy, and stand and applaud Sir Rooney, Sir Gerrard, etc.

No other reason for it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Is the sad but inevitable truth.

I for one, don't think that it wasn't a lack of pride or not caring enough for their national side, which seemed to be the problem that Italy and France had.

In some ways I think they cared too much and were so anxious forgot to relax and play the natural football they know they can. That mixed with a bit of "we're much better than this lot" meant everything went pear shaped.

Agreed. I have never bought into this pride/passion stuff either. They just didn't play like a team and were too up-tight to play normally.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I tempted to go as it would be good to see some of the younger lot hopefully get a chance. It would also be awesome if Bobby got a call up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why boycott a game because the team aren't very good?

How long have you been a regular at the Albion?

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009

Nail hit on head. :clap2:

I'm deliberately taking much less of a passing interest in the Premier League next season, and will try to turn as much conversation with top flight football fans about the Rooneys, Terrys and Gerrards into ones about the Bennetts, Bazs and Brezovans.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why boycott a game because the team aren't very good?

How long have you been a regular at the Albion?

Exactly.

Also I believe the tickets are cheap, PLUS maybe, just MAYBE all the DEAD WOOD wont be playing, hopefully as a two fingers for their ABJECT performances.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Also I believe the tickets are cheap, PLUS maybe, just MAYBE all the DEAD WOOD wont be playing, hopefully as a two fingers for their ABJECT performances.

That's what I was thinking. Surely they'll treat this game as a look at the next set of players coming through. A more reasonably priced game as well, and it sounds like a good one to take the nipper to.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lampard was roundly booed 4 years ago after his mediocre tournament. At least this time around there will be up to 10 other players to cop it with him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'll be there. I am an England fan and just as when Brighton aren't playing well I am still fully behind them the same applies to England. If you're coming to boo, don't bother, this is the opportunity of a fresh start and to begin a new campaign and it would be a lot easier if the whole nation is behind them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here