Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England -v- Hungary. You gotta be kidding!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I reckon the FA booked it thinking we'd win the WC, and it would give fans the chance to see the majestic trophy, and stand and applaud Sir Rooney, Sir Gerrard, etc.

No other reason for it.
Agreed. Probably arranged by the same dork who thought 'Playing with Pride and Glory' was the right slogan to have on the team bus. It's one thing to be optimistic, it's quite another to be insanely oblivious to reality (and history).

Why boycott a game because the team aren't very good?

How long have you been a regular at the Albion?
Well loads of Albion fans don't attend pre-season friendlies, which is what this is. No qualifying points at stake and I'm sure all the players are thoroughly sick of the sight of each other by now. The only justification will be if it's 'Emerging' England - but then the FA should be marketing it as such rather then suggesting that this will be an opportunity for us to show our appreciation to the marvellous, world-class players who have once again done us proud in a major competition. And the opportunity to put a bit more cash in the FA's coffers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why the hell would you not want to go? We lost a football match yes a very important one, that doesn't mean your support should waver like some sort of plastic Man U fan... If I had the money i'd def go but prob going to Bulgaria instead.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll be there. I am an England fan and just as when Brighton aren't playing well I am still fully behind them the same applies to England. If you're coming to boo, don't bother, this is the opportunity of a fresh start and to begin a new campaign and it would be a lot easier if the whole nation is behind them.

:thumbsup: Spot on.

Some 'Albion fans' on here sound just like fair-weathered armchair fans at times. My support for Albion or England will never waver ever.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Indulge me for a second here. Lets say we DID win the World Cup, I bet there would be OUTRAGE that we dont get a chance to see the world champions play before the first euro qualifier?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'll be there. I am an England fan and just as when Brighton aren't playing well I am still fully behind them the same applies to England. If you're coming to boo, don't bother, this is the opportunity of a fresh start and to begin a new campaign and it would be a lot easier if the whole nation is behind them.

whats the buzz in lyme regis like at the minute?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
whats the buzz in lyme regis like at the minute?

Naturally we're all dissapointed but we are all thoroughly enjoying the remainder of the World Cup and we've all got 'Murray Mania' now as we cheer on the great Brit hope to Wimbledon glory!!

:yahoo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why the hell would you not want to go? We lost a football match yes a very important one, that doesn't mean your support should waver like some sort of plastic Man U fan... If I had the money i'd def go but prob going to Bulgaria instead.

As I've said before, this blind following of the national team is part of the problem standards never improve. I guess it is your choice but personally I do not want to pay money to watch a load of over paid prima-donnas do little more than turn up for England and take the piss with my support.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I've said before, this blind following of the national team is part of the problem standards never improve. I guess it is your choice but personally I do not want to pay money to watch a load of over paid prima-donnas do little more than turn up for England and take the piss with my support.

I see your point but I couldn't fault some of the players effort myself... We just have diff opinions on this brother it's fair do's... :thumbsup:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'm going with the Mrs and our 6 & 4 year old boys - family stand 60 quid for 4 tickets...value.

Haven't been to new Wembley and last England game was v France in Lisbon in '04.

Only back in UK for 2 weeks so a Swindon/Hungary/Rochdale treble it is. Giving Northampton a miss.

Also Hungary will be a nice eastern european tester before the Euro 2014 Bulgaria game in Sep.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
No need to boo anyone, just stand outside the stadium but refuse to go in.......

Bit like the Mansfield game.

A large bonfire of burning England Shirts might also just send a message through.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
fantastic marketing opportunity for the FA. guarantee that, if fit, as many of the world cup squad as possible will be playing and give away a bag of rotten tomatoes with each ticket.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
oh yeah...and any of them who get a mystery injury in the week before the game will still be made to sit on the bench without one of those bus shelter thingys to protect them.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Jesus christ, it was just the world cup. WE played shit. Thats the end of it. Its not an affront to football, no crimes have been committed. We had a shit tournie. You all sound like really bad loosers. "Lets slay the players that WE hailed as being champions, that WE watched RAPE qualification"

For me, quarter finals is the aim. anything after is a bonus. We fell short of this goal this time around so next time around should be even more fiery and intense.

Burning shirts? :facepalm:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jesus christ, it was just the world cup. WE played shit. Thats the end of it. Its not an affront to football, no crimes have been committed. We had a shit tournie. You all sound like really bad loosers. "Lets slay the players that WE hailed as being champions, that WE watched RAPE qualification"

For me, quarter finals is the aim. anything after is a bonus. We fell short of this goal this time around so next time around should be even more fiery and intense.

Burning shirts? :facepalm:
Eh? 'Bad loosers?' (sic) What planet are you on? No one is saying anything they haven't said before. With the possible exception of sheebo I don't think anybody on here thought we stood a good chance of winning the W.C. as we all know and accept that in world terms we're good but not nearly good enough. And NO ONE has ever hailed this England team as 'champions'

I and others were merely questioning WHY the FA had arranged such a friendly so soon after the W.C. had ended when they knew there was a good chance that we'd crash and burn as usual. (I think they're doing it purely for the money.) However if you want to go then fair enough, it's a free country.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
oh yeah...and any of them who get a mystery injury in the week before the game will still be made to sit on the bench without one of those bus shelter thingys to protect them.

...and in their underwear, like we had to do if we forgot our PE kit

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
problem is wembley is just the O2 with added football now. The Buy Tickets For Anything Mob that makes up the great british public will turn up whether its Michael Jackson 2 of Led Zep Milking Daft Punters Dry or f***ing Phantom. It amazes me how f***ing easily pleased punters in this country are.

To me now this is Robbie Williams at Knebworth with Added Face Painting. Any c unt in this country will turn up at anything mediocre if there is a TICKET involved. Its not football. Every England game I have been to at new Wembley has been like that its f***ing embarassing, 75% of the people there would not have gone NEAR an England game 20 odd years ago. Look at Mainstream Glastonbury. You watch it on BBC and everyone clapping along to Elbow having taken half day out the office and you despair at the country that has contributed so much to music and to terrace culture.

No dig at those who still go who always have but as someone else mentioned there was under 20k for this fixture within recent memory. Not saying I wish that was the case now but f***ing hell it comes close to that now. Loads of sheep like dullards turning up to watch Stevie G is f***ing hard to get excited about.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
problem is wembley is just the O2 with added football now. The Buy Tickets For Anything Mob that makes up the great british public will turn up whether its Michael Jackson 2 of Led Zep Milking Daft Punters Dry or f***ing Phantom. It amazes me how f***ing easily pleased punters in this country are.

To me now this is Robbie Williams at Knebworth with Added Face Painting. Any c unt in this country will turn up at anything mediocre if there is a TICKET involved. Its not football. Every England game I have been to at new Wembley has been like that its f***ing embarassing, 75% of the people there would not have gone NEAR an England game 20 odd years ago. Look at Mainstream Glastonbury. You watch it on BBC and everyone clapping along to Elbow having taken half day out the office and you despair at the country that has contributed so much to music and to terrace culture.

No dig at those who still go who always have but as someone else mentioned there was under 20k for this fixture within recent memory. Not saying I wish that was the case now but f***ing hell it comes close to that now. Loads of sheep like dullards turning up to watch Stevie G is f***ing hard to get excited about.

Great post. I'm sure you'll get lots of abuse but I agree with every word of it! It's especially bad with music - the amount of pricks who go to gigs nowadays paying silly money for bands they then proceed to talk the whole way through is ridiculous.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
To me now this is Robbie Williams at Knebworth with Added Face Painting.

:lolol: Great line.

I think that people "easily pleased" because they've paid so much money - if you've forked out that much amount of dosh to go to an event, you're going to damn well like it.

I used to go to lots of test cricket. It wasn't very expensive - particularly for an international event - and you got to sit with genuine cricket fans. If you go there now, you sit with people who appear to know cock-all about the game but have paid vast amounts of money (the cost of test match ticket has more than doubled in real terms) so it doesn't matter whether they act like a dickheads. All this and you can't even take your own booze in ... nah, not for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah, stupid bastards. All turning up to an international football match, at Wembley.
There'll be 70,000 there, and 65,000 of them won't have a f***ing CLUE whats going on. Loads of them will be kids as well, I bet.

Stupid, stupid bastards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here