Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England -v- Hungary. You gotta be kidding!!

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I'll be there! Got relatives coming over from oz so it will be nice to show them around London then onto Wembley in the evening. All in all a cheap day out with plenty of :drink: - happy days!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Great post. I'm sure you'll get lots of abuse but I agree with every word of it! It's especially bad with music - the amount of pricks who go to gigs nowadays paying silly money for bands they then proceed to talk the whole way through is ridiculous.

cheers spider. thank god someone sees sense. just had a staggeringly dull conversation with someone who is apparently a bit tired as he went to see kings of leon at hyde park yesterday. i felt like killing myself as i listened to them burble on about how excellent it was. yeah i f***ing bet. i thought the credit crunch was going to do away with this sort of bollocks.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
After the 3-2 defeat to Croatia which prevented qualification to Euro 2008, I heard the following from England fans whilst waiting for the train:

"At least it was an exciting game [this time]!" *sigh*

"Oh well, we've had a nice day out." *sigh*

Had to wait almost an hour for the train too. And it was pissing down.

I retired from international football* that night.

(* At Wembley)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
After the 3-2 defeat to Croatia which prevented qualification to Euro 2008, I heard the following from England fans whilst waiting for the train:

"At least it was an exciting game [this time]!" *sigh*

"Oh well, we've had a nice day out." *sigh*

Had to wait almost an hour for the train too. And it was pissing down.

I retired from international football* that night.

(* At Wembley)

I've not been to an England game since that day. Costs a fortune (inc Englandfans membership etc), is incoveniant and actually I didn't enjoy the the whole experience much(Losing the game aside).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
problem is wembley is just the O2 with added football now. The Buy Tickets For Anything Mob that makes up the great british public will turn up whether its Michael Jackson 2 of Led Zep Milking Daft Punters Dry or f***ing Phantom. It amazes me how f***ing easily pleased punters in this country are.

To me now this is Robbie Williams at Knebworth with Added Face Painting. Any c unt in this country will turn up at anything mediocre if there is a TICKET involved. Its not football. Every England game I have been to at new Wembley has been like that its f***ing embarassing, 75% of the people there would not have gone NEAR an England game 20 odd years ago. Look at Mainstream Glastonbury. You watch it on BBC and everyone clapping along to Elbow having taken half day out the office and you despair at the country that has contributed so much to music and to terrace culture.

No dig at those who still go who always have but as someone else mentioned there was under 20k for this fixture within recent memory. Not saying I wish that was the case now but f***ing hell it comes close to that now. Loads of sheep like dullards turning up to watch Stevie G is f***ing hard to get excited about.
Top ranting and spot on! I can't really criticise people who are going because it's cheap and they want to see the new Wembley (my wife wants to go!), but as you so accurately say it's an 'event' first and a football match second. Indeed I'll go as far as to say everyone who truly cares about the national team should boycott the match as it's simply validating failure. By attending you're saying it doesn't matter how badly you (the FA) run the game, we, your loyal customers, will continue to give you our money and our support.

I know some England fans won't see it that way (the same as some Brighton fans wouldn't boycott the Mansfield match) and no doubt the 'event' will sell enough tickets to be deemed a success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here