Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Finland official match thread

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
For me the most depressing thing about this game is that I get the impression I am going to have to watch Kane playing for England for many more years :down:

Cannot tell you how much I dislike him

Edit, and there you have it, quality goal.

I know my dislike is irrational
He is an "all time great" apparently, though the commentator did not state what word is to follow the word great.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lee Dixon may be a dull Arsenal prick, but he’s nailed the big change.

Under Southgate, Kane dropping deep dropped the whole team deep. Tonight we’ve had players run beyond Kane when he’s dropped.

Refreshing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Under Southgate, Kane dropping deep dropped the whole team deep. Tonight we’ve had players run beyond Kane when he’s dropped.

Refreshing.
Or, to put it succinctly
Southgate is shit

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
And further to that, Kane’s comments about Tom Brady are inane.

Rice or Stones are the Quarterback. Kane should be, at least, a touchdown scoring tight end.

Google “Gronk” Hazza.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

Refreshing.
Kane is one of the best passers in the team and needs pace around and beyond, like with Bayern. Apparently Southgate wouldn’t play Gordon at the Euros because he said some hurty words. Shameful decision.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Refreshing.
It still blows my mind that he couldn’t see the problem…

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Refreshing.

What most people were asking for in the summer and previously.

Saw it briefly with Saka at times, but the lopsided left hand side meant it hardly happened.

Bellingham was doing it for fun for Real last season , after the first game it stopped for England.

We also must have put more crosses in the box tonight than the whole of the euros

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pleased/relieved that Southgate went. Creatively, Carsley, what a change! Brilliant strikes from Kane.

But, at the end of a long season, it looked to me like Kane and Bellingham were completely spent at the Euros. Tonight and against Ireland imho we’re seeing fresh legs and no nagging injuries.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Could have kept Kane on - denied a chance to score a hat-trick on his 100th appearance. Meaningless game that was already won - why bother making the sub?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
P2 W2 F4 A0

Rubbish opposition to be sure, but those are often the hardest to break down.

Certainly didn’t see anything Mr “Brighton 1 Palace 2, but we won on XG” could add.

Good job interview.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hopefully the damage isn't going to be as bad as Martinez ruining the Belgium squad, we seem to have players coming through

The damage is as bad, but at being a bigger footballing country we continue to have good players, whereas Belgiums golden generation may have been a one off.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could have kept Kane on - denied a chance to score a hat-trick on his 100th appearance. Meaningless game that was already won - why bother making the sub?
Gets his own clap off the field.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Trent is so overrated, so many terrible passes he wouldn't get in the Albions team. Eze was poor but we know that anyway.🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here