Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England - time for NSC to show some respect

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You do what you want but Jack Wilshere is the real deal.
Heard it a million times before, mate. Then again, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I just can't be arsed to invest the emotion in watching him do it for England. I'm done with the national side until the World Cup comes around again.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You do what you want but Jack Wilshere is the real deal.
I'm 53 and I thought that about Wayne Rooney. He IS good, no one's denying that but one of three things will happen:

1 - He'll turn into a complete whinging **** like his predecessors who can turn it on for their clubs but just seem to go through the motions for the national side.

2- He'll be praised to the heavens and come the next major championship the papers will be full of stories about how England are going to win "because we've got world class players like Wilshere."

3 - Both of the above will happen.

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
Heard it a million times before, mate. Then again, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I just can't be arsed to invest the emotion in watching him do it for England. I'm done with the national side until the World Cup comes around again.

So when you watch Jack Wilshere what do you make of him?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So when you watch Jack Wilshere what do you make of him?
I haven't watched him for England but from what I see of him, he has promise. Able to pick a pass, comfortable on the ball, but quite raw.

Plenty of time for him to settle into a life of luxury, out of touch with the paying punters, perhaps gob off at anyone who dares to boo at an inept display after paying £50 for the privelege, stub a cigarette in a team mate's eye, shag a team mate's wife, punch a member of the public while 4 of his mates bravely hold the bloke on the floor, boss a game against a completely crap team but then look out of his depth against a proper team having believed all the hype, and bored us rigid with stupid monotonous TV interview answers.

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
I haven't watched him for England but from what I see of him, he has promise. Able to pick a pass, comfortable on the ball, but quite raw.

Plenty of time for him to settle into a life of luxury, out of touch with the paying punters, perhaps gob off at anyone who dares to boo at an inept display after paying £50 for the privelege, stub a cigarette in a team mate's eye, shag a team mate's wife, punch a member of the public while 4 of his mates bravely hold the bloke on the floor, boss a game against a completely crap team but then look out of his depth against a proper team having believed all the hype, and bored us rigid with stupid monotonous TV interview answers.

LOL good post. I'm only talking about footballing ability and i thought the game he played at home to Barcelona (not a crap team im sure your agree probably the best team ever to play the game) he was outstanding and really made the world stand up and take notice of him. He didn't look out of place against the best midfield combination in world football currently (Xavi and Iniesta). In fact he gaves them problems they rarely seem to struggle with.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
LOL good post. I'm only talking about footballing ability and i thought the game he played at home to Barcelona (not a crap team im sure your agree probably the best team ever to play the game) he was outstanding and really made the world stand up and take notice of him. He didn't look out of place against the best midfield combination in world football currently (Xavi and Iniesta). In fact he gaves them problems they rarely seem to struggle with.

Didn't Pep Reina then say he had better players than Wilshere in Barcelona reserves :lolol: Not such a bad thing though as Fabregas would also be playing in the reserves at Barca if he was there .

I have given up on watching England so no idea how he plays for them but Wilshere did look good in that 1st game against Barcelona at the Emirates.

Last edited:

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
Didn't Pep Reina then say he had better players than Wilshere in Barcelona reserves :lolol:

Pep Reina? He was probably playing in goal for Liverpool that night....

Pep Guardiola did say that though yeah. Don't know how much he meant it though as Wilshere would easily make the Barcelona bench and would probably do a better job than Busquets. Agreed he wouldn't make the team ahead of Xavi and Iniesta yet........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In London yes. He wasn't a major player in Barcelona though, IMO.

But really this is digressing from the point, which is of course that you actually need 3 or 4 of these players to be a good team, maybe more. It has been tiresome in the extreme to hear from tedious club managers of the Redknapp and Frank Lampard Senior ilk (moreso than the press IMO), that the fabled golden shower of the noughties were of this sort of class, when the truth is that they were, in fact, incredibly ordinary and simply surrounded by good players at club level to disguise the fact.

What makes it even more tiresome is that these wankers have believed all this bollocks about them but then throw a strop and are close to tears when the paying punter dares to express his opinion that they are a little bit wank in reality, and not worth the £200k a week their clubs are paying them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Quite brilliantly sums up my attitude to England FC and by attachment the "Premier" League

What makes it even more tiresome is that these wankers have believed all this bollocks about them but then throw a strop and are close to tears when the paying punter dares to express his opinion that they are a little bit wank in reality, and not worth the £200k a week their clubs are paying them.

Out of touch with the paying punters, perhaps gob off at anyone who dares to boo at an inept display after paying £50 for the privelege, stub a cigarette in a team mate's eye, shag a team mate's wife, punch a member of the public while 4 of his mates bravely hold the bloke on the floor, boss a game against a completely crap team but then look out of his depth against a proper team having believed all the hype, and bored us rigid with stupid monotonous TV interview answers.

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
In London yes. He wasn't a major player in Barcelona though, IMO.

But really this is digressing from the point, which is of course that you actually need 3 or 4 of these players to be a good team, maybe more. It has been tiresome in the extreme to hear from tedious club managers of the Redknapp and Frank Lampard Senior ilk (moreso than the press IMO), that the fabled golden shower of the noughties were of this sort of class, when the truth is that they were, in fact, incredibly ordinary and simply surrounded by good players at club level to disguise the fact.

My original point was that Jack Wilshere is the real deal and i do believe that. He wasn't a major player in Barcelona agreed but it was always going to be a very big ask away in the Camp Nou against a Barca side with 11 men let alone 10 men. The maturity of his performance in the home game against Barca was exceptional though as good as any current/past England player i have seen against the top club side in the world.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Pep Reina? He was probably playing in goal for Liverpool that night....

Pep Guardiola did say that though yeah. Don't know how much he meant it though as Wilshere would easily make the Barcelona bench and would probably do a better job than Busquets. Agreed he wouldn't make the team ahead of Xavi and Iniesta yet........

That would be world cup winner Busquets?
Wilshere is very promising, but at the moment he's not even half the player Busquets is. And on the bench they have Keita and Mascherano most of the time so i'm not sure he'd get above them

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
That would be world cup winner Busquets?
Wilshere is very promising, but at the moment he's not even half the player Busquets is. And on the bench they have Keita and Mascherano most of the time so i'm not sure he'd get above them

Yes he is a World Cup winner but he is also part of a very good side. He is good at his job and isn't the same type of player as Wilshere anyway i was just pointing out he could probably start ahead of him in that role and do a better job. He is easily half the player Busquets in. Do you watch Busquets week in week out? Wilshere is a better player than Kieta and again Mascherano is a different type of player. I'm not making a case for Wilshere starting in the Barcelona starting 11 but no way would he be in there reserves they would be bringing him through at his age just like Arsenal have.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I take it all back lets all show our respect and get behind Terry, Cole, Rooney and Lampard against Ghana......................oh hang on they have all dropped out of the squad to return to their clubs.

Good job lots of people have not purchased tickets for Wembley expecting to see a full England side.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
... Good job lots of people have not purchased tickets for Wembley expecting to see a full England side.
To be fair surely no one expected to see a full England side? It's a friendly right in the middle of the business end of the season; if the superstars played at all it would only be half-arsed cameos as they saved themselves for the vitally important Premiership matches. I don't think anyone will slap their foreheads and say "Blimey I was expecting Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, etc to play a full-on ninety minutes as if their lives depended on it."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair surely no one expected to see a full England side? It's a friendly right in the middle of the business end of the season; if the superstars played at all it would only be half-arsed cameos as they saved themselves for the vitally important Premiership matches. I don't think anyone will slap their foreheads and say "Blimey I was expecting Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, etc to play a full-on ninety minutes as if their lives depended on it."
:rolleyes:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I also think Wilshere might be the real deal - but there have already been a few tell-tale signs that he could easily head down the apocalyptic Premier League player path to hell Simster outlines. The odd clash with opponents and refs, a comment here, Twitter there, when he needs to shut up, not get involved, remember he is a young player who has done nothing and won nothing yet and concentrate on improving his game. Maybe that's a vain hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here