Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad Rumour

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Found this on another site

"Lampard is being a right tit about Barton being in the squad, won’t talk to him, pass to him, all that stuff, and just got up to move to another table at breakfast when Barton sat at the same one. Apparently as soon as he stood up and moved, Barton called after him “Don’t worry, I wasn’t going to nick your breakfast you fat prick” and Lampard threw a hissy fit and stormed out. Micah Richards and Aaron Lennon were in pieces"

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Are the suggesting that is the reason for Lamps playing like a turd last night?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
:lolol: if true. Probably not though.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think Barton is a bit of a prune, but he definitely had a point about all these autobiographies that the 'stars' wrote.

I know Lampard, Cole and Rio had particularly poor sales. I can't find the latest figures. :clap2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I bet Lampard loved being subbed and replaced by Barton lastr night then.

:lolol:

To be fair Barton did more in the 10 minutes he was on than Lampard had in the previous 80. How does this guy still get in fro England??

???

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Probably because he's is an absolute colossus for Chelsea. I don't see why people pick on him, he's a bit of a cock but a quality player who isn't performing for England. You could say the same about pretty much all of them.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It makes me laugh with Lampard, the guy missed some sitters in the World Cup but at least he got into the positions and suddenly the bandwagon starts rolling. Now he gets put in the left hand side no mans land of the England midfield and people start saying how shit he is.

All very unfair in my opinion, most of the England team has been pony yet Lampard seems to get singled out.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
how did barton choose to have a go at lampard and gerrard for writing books?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Race said:
how did barton choose to have a go at lampard and gerrard for writing books?

From FootballExpo.com

Joey Barton made himself popular amongst a large section of England fans after blasting players such as Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard following the World Cup. He echoed the feelings of many an England supporter, who were bitterly disappointed with the poor showing from certain players, and their appeared lack of effort.

"I'd never write a book unless I'd done something," Barton said back in December. "I've achieved nothing in this game. Nothing. Maybe in time, if I achieve everything I want and I win trophies, I'll write a book. But what I have done in my career? 'And there was this one season we finished eighth at Manchester City . . .' You know what I mean? England did nothing in that World Cup, so why were they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals. I played like s***. Here's my book.' Who wants to read that? I don't. If I'm buying a book, I'll buy a book about someone who's won something, not a book someone's written for the sake of it because their agent's telling them they can cash in on the English public on the back of the World Cup." He then went on to say, "I might be a million miles off the mark, but it seemed to be a team of individuals playing for themselves and not wanting to do the nasty things involved in being a team. Okay, some were prepared to do that, but there were too many people pulling in different directions."

Boy DOES have a point :lol:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Les Biehn said:
It makes me laugh with Lampard, the guy missed some sitters in the World Cup but at least he got into the positions and suddenly the bandwagon starts rolling. Now he gets put in the left hand side no mans land of the England midfield and people start saying how shit he is.

B]

To be fair some of us have been saying Fat Frank is shit for a long long time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
barton:bowdown:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Redhead said:
To be fair some of us have been saying Fat Frank is shit for a long long time.

Yeah but he's not though is he. If he is then the rest of the team are too. Do you think that all the England players are shit?

I think Barton is spot on in what he said mind.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Barton :tosser:

Not for what he said about Fat frank (and the others) but because he stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye. Hardly the qualifications of a great bloke

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Les Biehn said:
Yeah but he's not though is he. If he is then the rest of the team are too. Do you think that all the England players are shit?

I think Barton is spot on in what he said mind.

I think Frank is vastly over rated, He's a long way off being as good as he thinks he is. He scores a lot of goals by virtue of the fact he has 10 shots in a game and hits the target once. He's no longer the best midfielder in the Chelsea team (Ballack is).

His attitude stinks too, the way he talks about West Ham bearing in mind the only reason he got into the team was his dad (when he first broke into the side) He owes them some respect. The way he turned his back on them and all the BS with kissing the Chelsea badge infront of the Bobby Moore Stands shows a total lack of respect.

Frank Lampard = :tosser:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ozymandias said:
Barton :tosser:

Not for what he said about Fat frank (and the others) but because he stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye. Hardly the qualifications of a great bloke

Didn't the youth team player try and set fire to his jacket?

NB I am not condoning his behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here