Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad Rumour

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
They're probably BOTH complete tossers. But Barton's right about those preening tarts.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Redhead said:
I think Frank is vastly over rated, He's a long way off being as good as he thinks he is. He scores a lot of goals by virtue of the fact he has 10 shots in a game and hits the target once. He's no longer the best midfielder in the Chelsea team (Ballack is).

His attitude stinks too, the way he talks about West Ham bearing in mind the only reason he got into the team was his dad (when he first broke into the side) He owes them some respect. The way he turned his back on them and all the BS with kissing the Chelsea badge infront of the Bobby Moore Stands shows a total lack of respect.

Frank Lampard = :tosser:

Ballack has been gash this year.

But yes Fat boy is over rated

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mumm said:
A rare bit of honesty. No wonder he is not popular. As for Fat Frank - the truth always hurts.
:lolol: We agree on something to do with England! Isn't Lampard one of your 'Golden Generation' though?

BTW Les Biehn: I've spoken to two mates of mine who are both Chelsea STH's (This was before yesterday). They both said, independantly, that Lampard isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is and it's only the foreign players at Chelsea who make him shine. He IS better than Joe Cole though.

Not my opinions, but easy to believe when you see the way he 'plays' for England.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Barton is one of the VERY FEW of these Bentley Driving PARASITES that has stood up and said, yes I am a prick, I get paid too much and I must sort my life out before I end up inside.

He went away, got some very expensive help and seems to have come back a better person.

1 down, only about another 200 of the TWATS to go.:jester:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I know a couple of Chelsea S/T holders and they would piss themselves laughing at what you said about Ballack being the best midfielder at Stamford Bridge, they can't stand the bloke!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
SJ's Love Monkey said:
I know a couple of Chelsea S/T holders and they would piss themselves laughing at what you said about Ballack being the best midfielder at Stamford Bridge, they can't stand the bloke!!
Ditto

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Barton is fast becoming my favourite non Albion player, surpassing the great Sir Jimmy of Bullard. Barton was a great laugh a few weeks back on Soccer AM and last week on Question of Sport, can poke fun at himself as well as others and seems like a great laugh.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Probably because they are glory hunting pricks who weren't among the 9,000 who used to have to put up with watching the likes of Dale Jasper and John Bumstead at Stamford Bridge.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Brovian said:
:lolol: We agree on something to do with England! Isn't Lampard one of your 'Golden Generation' though?

BTW Les Biehn: I've spoken to two mates of mine who are both Chelsea STH's (This was before yesterday). They both said, independantly, that Lampard isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is and it's only the foreign players at Chelsea who make him shine. He IS better than Joe Cole though.

Not my opinions, but easy to believe when you see the way he 'plays' for England.

I don't know any Chelsea STH's (which puts me in the minority on this thread it would seem) but from where I'm looking Joe Cole is a supremely gifted young footballer whereas Frank Lampard is a fairly average, hard working player who has made the absolutely most of his ability and has probably already hit his peak. If your friend is a true Chelsea I don't for the life of me understand why he would have anything against Joe Cole.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Brovian said:

Brovian - as you were expecting (or hoping ?) - Fat Frank did play shit in the World Cup. But also remember ............

........ In November 2005 he was named the second best player in Europe, losing out in the European Footballer of the Year awards to the Brazilian midfielder Ronaldinho.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
Probably because they are glory hunting pricks who weren't among the 9,000 who used to have to put up with watching the likes of Dale Jasper and John Bumstead at Stamford Bridge.

Or the fact he has been gash this season

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Chesney Christ said:
I don't know any Chelsea STH's (which puts me in the minority on this thread it would seem) but from where I'm looking Joe Cole is a supremely gifted young footballer whereas Frank Lampard is a fairly average, hard working player who has made the absolutely most of his ability and has probably already hit his peak. If your friend is a true Chelsea I don't for the life of me understand why he would have anything against Joe Cole.

What he said, although I do know a Chelsea STH and he thinks Lampard is fantastic. He's wrong though.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Brovian - as you were expecting (or hoping ?) - Fat Frank did play shit in the World Cup. But also remember ............

........ In November 2005 he was named the second best player in Europe, losing out in the European Footballer of the Year awards to the Brazilian midfielder Ronaldinho.
I certainly wasn't 'hoping', why do you think that? But I was 'sadly expecting' for reasons I've stated before.

Chesney: 'One-paced' was one of the comments about JC. And these guys pass the 'old fan' test as they've been going since the 1980s. Again, not my views, I think he's ok. Not world class but competent enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sure I read somewhere that Fat Frank had a private side bet with John Terry about the numbers of goals he'd score. Stakes were 10K, or possibly 100K if memory serves. Then he went on to have stats of something like 18 shots, none on target :tosser:

Last edited:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Brovian said:
I certainly wasn't 'hoping', why do you think that? But I was 'sadly expecting' for reasons I've stated before.

Chesney: 'One-paced' was one of the comments about JC. And these guys pass the 'old fan' test as they've been going since the 1980s. Again, not my views, I think he's ok. Not world class but competent enough.

Thats a very bizarre criticism of a players who's game is not about pace; rather skill, touch, technique and ball control. Very odd.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
i think the real reason most people have a problem with lampard is because Sven and Big Mac are trying to accomodate both him and gerrard, when its clear to every england fan/football fan/stevie wonder, that both cannot play in the same team. By trying to play "The 2005 2nd best player in europe" and gerrad together causes problems. Everyone can see that the team would be miles better if gerrad had the central role which is the only position lampard can play. its only because of gerrards versatility that both are able to get a game for england. I feel that the blind ignorance of both sven and Steve Mac that both can and will play together has severly limited the more creative, attacking, and most importantly speedy players, such as lennon, cole, swp, dyer, downing, from making a starting spot their own and therefore Englands inconsistency.
I would love to see how Robinson now plays the next time.....as he was thought to have been untouchable (although Mac actually prefers James [insider info] but is affraid of the fans back lash) and i think that Lampard thinks he is untouchable. Is lampard the next andy cole.....but who has been given a load of chances?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
And for the record they have been going for years, so not really glory hunting pricks are they? They still shudder at the thought of John Sitton and Micky Nutton so they have paid their dues unlike a large proportion of Chelsea "fans"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here